2000Km-1243 mile club

weekly Check in Aug 31-Sep 6 (Read 383 times)

Eight mile group run this evening.  Learned once again one of the basic rules: run THEN drink, not drink then run.  Played hooky from work this afternoon to go to a day baseball game.  A few beers there and then a few after the game did not make for a graceful and coordinated run.  Still had fun (at the game and running), but got to remember to do things in the right order.

Thanks for the feedback on my whining from earlier in the week.  I think part of what I've been fighting is feeling like I'm a slave to the program.  I didn't start doing this because I wanted to run marathons (or any race, for that matter), so it will be a relief to get back to running for the fun of it, not because I have to get the miles in.  I've heard many people say that you should "listen to your body".  I'm not sure I know how to do this.  The last time I listened to my body it told me to sit on the couch for 25 years so I'm not sure we're both on the same page.  I have to admit that I'm afraid to skip a day on my plan because it may just be my natural laziness coming through.  Anyway, this week is lighter than last and I'm going to do my long run in Boston so that variety should give me incentive.  Thanks again for the encouragement.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Imminent Catastrophe

6.7 today in a new place, I found some nice trails, both dirt and paved, around Newport Bay in Orange County. It was unusually warm and humid in SoCal, felt like I was running in GA. But my pace was pretty good for an "easy" run and legs really felt a lot better after a rest day. This "taper" thing might have merit Smile

Wow, when you put your sweat-saturated running clothes in a plastic bag in a suitcase for two or three days, they are really, really nasty when you take them out. Phew!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

3 miles around the park. I'm stiff, got some tender spots along the lower ab area and some hip tightness. Hope this is temporary.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Yesterday I had guys working in the house so took a rest day. Today, 5.5 miles in VFFs with the dogs, Taz' first time out of the neighborhood, and he did great. Then my last  VO2 workout, 3 x 1 mi  @7:00-7:15 pace. Total, 10 miles.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

3 miles of easy jogging.  I am feeling strong, uninjured and confident about my race tomorrow.  I know I will be getting a PR it's just a matter of by how much.  The weather is supposed to be just perfect, anticipated around 70 with low (for this area) humidity at start time.  Don't know if there is online tracking, but my bib number is 2100 if anybody wants to look.  www.rnrvb.com.

Good luck tomorrow Trey.  I'll be thinking of you when I am done running at 13.1 miles and you still have a couple more to go!

Dog-Love

Good luck to all of you who are racing tomorrow (or today)...I am taking one more break day before running 12-14 tomorrow.
              Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

hi everyone

i've just joined the group.  i know i'm a LOOOOONG way behind the bunny.  i've not been back running semi-decent miles again for a very long - after a laziness/craziness induced "break".  so hopefully i'll start to catch up fairly quickly.  not sure i'll quite get to 2000km but it should be close.

i love the idea of a "check in" thread.  i'm off shortly to do my long run so will check in after that. good luck in your race heffa - and anyone else racing this weekend.

mandy

12 along the Charles River this morning.  Then about 10 walking between Northeastern and the hotel (multiple times) as well as around campus.  Loved running along the Charles.  Pedestrian/bike paths the whole way, almost all completely segregated from traffic.  If you want to have even more fun, wave and say "Good morning" to the runners you pass.  That which is just normal back home is apparently against the law up here as I got many strange looks and only a couple waves back.

Jeff and Trey - have great times on Sunday.  I've loved hearing about your training and can't wait to hear the race reports.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

HappyFeat

I'm happy to see I'm still on page one and still maintaining on average 30 miles behind the bunny. I ran twice today to make up for missing yesterday just to keep my standing!  well, also because the morning run felt so good, when I started feeling blue this afternoon I thought another run might help me feel better - which it did.  My energy really has peaks and valleys lately  - but I'm still hopeful I can meet the goal by year's end.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Dog-Love

hi everyone

i've just joined the group.  i know i'm a LOOOOONG way behind the bunny.  i've not been back running semi-decent miles again for a very long - after a laziness/craziness induced "break".  so hopefully i'll start to catch up fairly quickly.  not sure i'll quite get to 2000km but it should be close.

YAY Mandy..and welcome...this is a GREAT group...the best group...and I have definitely checked out a lot of them.  I'm glad you are checking in.  I really appreciate the check in threads too and my mileage is improving over the past couple of months.  Decided against this year's marathon and will aim for next year.  One of these year's it will involve Wellington.

MTA:  Hey HappyFeet...if I can get there ...you can too.

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

Good luck to all of you who are racing tomorrow (or today)...I am taking one more break day before running 12-14 tomorrow.

+1. Good luck everyone!

5 easy with strides today. My calves are a little sore after the 5.5 in VFF's yesterday. One week to go.

Dutchie42

Hi everyone,

Welcome Mandy. Hiya, Happy feet.

Who's racing today? Trey how did you do? Jefff, how fast did you run?

I raced against the TM display 14.9 kilometers in 99:59minutes. After that the clock reset it self and I was pooped.One of the toes of my left foot started to cramp during my run, curling underneath my foot. That hurt!

Dutchie
                          Run the day, or the day runs you.

Hi Mandy!

I'm ahead of the 1000 mi bunny but behind the 2000k bunny... Pretty slow but beautiful 11.5 mi run yesterday and 3 mile recovery run this morning. I love September.

Already planning out next year's schedule,

A

Recalculating...

thanks everyone!

sunday long run - just under 21k.  very hilly and slow.  ah well - it was a beautiful day for it at least.

Imminent Catastrophe

Rave run from SF across the Golden Gate to Vista Point and return, 12 miles. Man, I love that run. I used the bridge as a analog for the race, moderate climb then moderate descent, with temperatures in the high 50's. It felt really good. But why do tourists walk 5-across and take up the whole sidewalk, and won't make room when they see you coming? I might have thrown an elbow or two.