2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Mileage Check-In for week June 23 (Read 247 times)

Dutchie42

Teresa: house projects are like horror stories, you think you're done and whammo, something suddenly crops up. Ennay: I need a lot of patience, and I'm not the patient type. Just ask my kids Big grin I want something done, I want it done and finished NOW!! Anyways, son number one, Mike, had to be taken to hospital today after a football game (as in soccer). In the end he didn't break his ankle, just twisted it badly and after spending 4 hours in hospital, he's now comfortably resting on the couch. While he was in radiology, I had an appointment for my left eye. Things have been getting pretty misty with that eye. Anyways, nothing serious, but they can't do anything about it: I just have to live with it. In the old days I would have had surgery to remove it (only to have it come back again. Nowadays they give you eye drops and there's a 20% chance it could go away. Yeah, sure.... When I got back to radiology, Mike was missing. So a nurse went looking for him. She first came back telling me he must have left the hospital. Don't think so with that ankle. So two nurses now went looking for him. They found him in a bed in a room. How do you loose a patient like that? ER's are terrible!

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

4.5 on the treadmill late last night (started around 12:45 am). Damn, I'm tired -- bed at 2:30a, up at 6:30a this morning. DW is teaching a 2 week summer class at my kids' Montessori, so we've been up really late almost every night the past week putting together crafts and activities for the next day. Fortunately, the class ends Friday, so tonight should be the last night.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Dog-Love

11 miles up a 1500 feet elevation climb trail. Beautiful but the downhills are tough on my legs. Took it pretty slow over all and just tried to enjoy the views.
        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
        Dutchie42

nothing to report today. Had to go get crutches for Mike. So weird the hospital doesn't give you any to use. Anyways, got in late at work. Got home late too. That was my day.

Dutchie

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Yesterday 5.35. Outside. In 87°F, sunny, and kind of humid. Now I remember why despite the boredom, I run in my garage on a treadmill during the summer. Because it's hotter today, I bagged the lunch run. Hope I can squeeze on in tonight, but since we're having Indian food, it's looking doubtful.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

...---...

Good to hear from you Dutchie. 4.5 on Tuesday and just over 4 on Thursday. Missed wednesday run due to working late. Supposed to meet with a group for a long run Saturday. heading off for vacation next week...boy, I need it. Have a great weekend all.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Gooood morning everyone. Nothing to report. Yet Smile But it's not 7AM yet. So I'll be back. It's raining. So i'm kind of waiting for a dry spell.

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

Just checking in to say I've been a bad, bad boy. No running since Grandma's on Saturday, I guess that's a good excuse. Hopefully I'll get back on the road tomorrow today.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

A Saucy Wench

Perfesser - my podiatrist think you shouldnt run for a month after a marathon so there is an "expert" who is on your side Wink 9.5 today dang it was hot in my heat wimpy world. definitely my hottest run of the year. Was supposed to do 6 of the miles at marathon pace, but after slogging through 1 mile at 30 seconds slower than that I gave up and just went back to easy running. Supposed to hit 98 here today. Roll eyes Not looking forward to my long run tomorrow

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dutchie42

Hello again. DISCLAIMER I'm using a new keyboard: wave design. So I'm not responsible for any typo's Big grin Ran 6.5K today with Spooky. We didn't get our run in till 2PM. It was warmish and humid. We made it inbetween two rainshowers. Only had a bit of a drizzle. Which was actually very nice. I'm now using my old laptop as my main computer. Hence the new keyboard and mouse. I still had aTFT screen (15") and hooked that up too. Much more comfortable. There's keys on my keyboard that I haven't a clue about. Suppose I should check the manual Shy I have a key to summon the calculator. Cool. Hmmm, no idea what the rest of it is. Perfesser: I only did really short easy runs for a bit after the marathon. I don't think not running at all is such a good idea though. Trey: hi! How is running with two dogs? Or don't you take them both out yet? Ennay: back in my younger days, I loved running in the Summer heat. These days I prefer cooler temps.

Dutchie

A Saucy Wench

I've never had any kind of heat tolerance. I get heat exhaustion easily. I will stop sweating and stuff on really hot days. Total heat wuss.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I'm like you, Ennay. Once on a church camping trip, DH had to leave early to get back to work. I was supposed to take down the tent and get stuff packed up to go. I ended up with sun poisoning and could hardly move! Thank goodness, there were church friends camping with us, because they did everything for me. I don't know what I would have done, otherwise. 1 mile on the local high school track this morning, while two of my kids ran with me. My ankle felt fine! I was also happy at how easy the mile felt. I haven't lost ALL of my fitness, at least. I'm going to try two miles on Monday. I'm still hoping to run my 10k on August 2!

A Saucy Wench

oops. We were supposed to do 18 today and I was a bit overzealous in avoiding neighborhood loops at the end when we were tired and at 15 miles realized...this is going to be 20. We actually could have both made it home at about 19.5, but if you are THAT close might as well finish it off! It was "hot" today, we started at 6 am and feel pretty good that even though I said "goddamn it is hot" about every mile, our pace was about normal. Biggest problem was we ran up the road that the Livestrong challenge bike ride was coming down and we had to move off road because the packs of bikes were too big. Came home,grabbed a gatorade out of the fridge, went out back and took off my shoes and garmin and climbed into the kids wading pool, dead bugs and all. It was AWESOME.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

7 Hot hilly miles yesterday. I'm planning on hitting the treadmill tonight to get me over 30 for the week, but there are two bottles of wine and dinner beckopnoing, so maybe not.

A Saucy Wench

7 Hot hilly miles yesterday. I'm planning on hitting the treadmill tonight to get me over 30 for the week, but there are two bottles of wine and dinner beckopnoing, so maybe not.
                                Was the wine already open at this point? Big grin