2000Km-1243 mile club

We are so close to finishing (Read 235 times)

Dog-Love

Me and Gig have been trying to pass each other for 2 years now and I think we are essentially crossing the line together this year. Thanks for motivating me! I have about 17 miles to go and I guess I will do that by next week. I'm still taking it nice and easy and it is cold now in Juneau (5 degrees) but a couple of 3 milers will feel good trhough the holidays
    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
    Dutchie42

Woohoo for Crabby and Gig! I'll be following your tails next year Big grin

Dutchie
      Run the day, or the day runs you.

It is coming down to the wire. Last year my goal was 1,000 miles and I did that on Chirstmas day. This year it is the 2,000 KM goal and it looks like I am going to be reaching that in the final week somewhere. Congratulations to both of you for reaching this level.
        Vista
        Gig

Crabby, you're pretty generous saying that we've been trying to pass each other. I think this is the first time I've been ahead of you in all this time. I'm supposed to do my long run tomorrow, but my legs are tired, so I think I might skip it, sleep in, and get some stuff done around the house. Maybe. Regardless, it's been a tough but fun road, and Crabby, you've made it all the more fun, along with the 2,000K group and the 1,000 mile group. Anybody thinking about 1,500 next year? Big grin

Dog-Love

I think I can get 20 behind me by the end of the month. We shall see...I have been such a slacker! My goal next year is 1000 for sure. 2000km is a great group of folks so I'll go for that, but any higher and my husband and my work suffer a bit. We shall see. I have one goal to drop 15 pounds next year and I may try to run the Baltimore marathon since they have a crab medal. Thanks Gig for the push...heh I think more recently...the pull.
            Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
            Gig

I skipped my long run yesterday. I started feeling burnt out. I'm also taking off today and tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get a run in on Christmas day, but leading up to that, I have some shopping to do, and a party to host. Yikes. Maybe I'll just run instead! Cool Crabby, if you do Baltimore, let me know. I was thinking about it, too.

Dog-Love

Just passed you yesterday...not by much...but I hope to get a shortie in between kids soccer games and before the sun goes down. I'll let you know if I do Baltimore. I was there a year and a half ago and kicked myself for not doing the half. I have lots of goals for 2009 and I will just have to see which ones pan out
                Gig

I haven't run since Saturday. Starting to get grumpy, so I had better get out there in the morning before DD and DW stop liking me. Merry Christmas!

A Saucy Wench

go go go go go!!!!!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Gig

I did a bit under six today. I think I'll do about the same tomorrow, and then get in a longish run--about 10 miles, to complete the 2,000K on Sunday morning. What about you?

Dog-Love

Um...are you talking to me? Cause I am so going to finish this out before Sunday. Thinking perhaps today a 6 miler and Sat 3 or so miler. Its pretty cold and nasty our but my dog could use a romp and I may as well join him. I have a lot ofsoccer with kids so will fit it in becasue my kids hate it when I'm grumpy Don't be grumpy....
                        Gig

Mainly I was talking to you, Crabby, but I wanted to put it out there for everyone else, too. You're DONE!! Way to go. Hmmm. Maybe I need to do 10 tomorrow morning and put this thing behind me. Maybe. Smile

Dog-Love

Well I'm finished if you count the x-country ski yesterday. I think 10 would be tough in the weather we have these days...but I definitely feel better after a run. The kids and dh appreciate it. Great job getting done Gig and who knows if 1500 is in the future. Are you getting snow that far down? I am headed to Boston in a week and I am hoping for decent (cold is OK) weather.
                            Gig

)No snow. It was 36 this morning when I headed out. We're expecting weather in the 60s on Sunday. Boston is generally a lot nastier than Maryland (I'm talking about the weather, hear--please, no haters Smile ). I hope weather is good for you there. Safe travels.

Dog-Love

Are you there yet????/ Is your family going to give you another awesome trophy??? It sure was a great running year