2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in 3/9-3/15 (Read 377 times)

Dutchie42

New week peeps! Let's make it a good one Wink Did an UB w/o this morning (chest/shoulders/biceps) and went heavier on most exercises. Did all pushups on my toes, but didn't go all the way down at the end. Felt it mostly in my shoulders. Still need to do abs. Will probably do it tonight. It's only 17 minutes or so. So I should have 17 minutes somewhere tonight, right? Have a great day and a most excellent workout..

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Jill_B

I fly.

Ugh, I have jury duty this week. It's been stressing me out - I'm a stay at home mom with a baby and finding childcare for him has been quite difficult. So keep your fingers crossed for me that I get excused or I might have a meltdown! As for the running, I hope to get my mileage back up this week - my 1/2 marathon is now 8 weeks away. I really need to start training for it! LOL! Either way it's coming up fast!

Bring it on.

Gig

I ran a hilly 13½ miles yesterday. It made me realize how NOT prepared I am for the Pittsburgh Marathon on May 3rd. The race is actually flatter than you'd think for Pittsburgh, but Mile 13 is all up hill, climbing more than 200 feet. No running today, and probably not tomorrow because of scheduling issues, but I did ride my bike into work today. I'll do it again on Friday, with three days of conventioneering in between, which means a lot of walking, but not much time for running.

...---...

Upper body weights today.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

...Did all pushups on my toes, but didn't go all the way down at the end. Felt it mostly in my shoulders.
            Now you should do them on your knuckles.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Slacker day. I still have a headache. Gig - I would like to check out Pittsburgh one of these years. My brother lives there so it would be a dual purpose vacation. It's dead flat where I am. I miss the hills. The highest peak within a 100 miles of me is a retired trash pile (now a park) that tops out at about 120 ft above sea level. Another potential hilly marathon I am considering is Charlottesville.
              Dutchie42

No motivation to run this morning. Told myself, 20 min is all I have to do. Dragged myself to the TM. Started at 9K/h. Stopped 3 times in the first 1000 meters to stretch my calf. Repeating to myself 20 minutes is all I need to do. Managed to get myself thru the next 1000 meters without stopping, then walked to have a sip of water. Increased speed to 9.5K/h. Finally managed to keep going. Realised I was already running for 22 minutes. But now I didn't want to stop Shocked Increased speed to 10k/h. Woohoo. If I could do that for 30 minutes continuously I'd do better than last week. At 50 minutes, I figured that maybe I could go a little faster. Increased speed to 10.5K/h. And maintained for the next 12:18 minutes. Woohooooooo, I've never done that before in my life. AND it's the fastest 10K TM run I've ever done. That 60 minute goal is getting closer and closer!!

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

3 on the TM. I started watching "The Runner"--David Horton's record-setting run of the Pacific Coast Trail from Mexico to Canadam in 66 days. That's great motivation!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

theyapper

On the road again...

I keep thinking this will be the week I finally catch that bunny. If I think that every week, I guess eventually it will come true.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Dutchie42

"Easy" 6.5K today on the TM. Enjoyed myself, as usual. Yapper: you'll catch the beast soon. I'm crawling my way up too!

Dutchie

...---...

4 miles rough miles. Had to walk the last 1/2 mile. Hip is fine and even the upper/inner thigh is doing much better but now there's a pain lower in my inner thigh (groin). This one kept me from finishing the run. Well, if training for and running marathons were easy, it wouldn't be special...I guess. Soon I'll be able to publish a paper or short story, "Afflictions of the left leg: how pain can move around like a Mexican jumping bean." Gonna try to keep limber today and try again after work. Going to do upper body workout after work too. Cheers.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

I thought I could finally join the group now that I've passed the 1,000 mile bunny! 15 miles this week so far. A

Recalculating...

theyapper

On the road again...

Nice 5 miles today. Beautiful weather, maybe a tad humid, but overall very nice.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Dutchie42

"Afflictions of the left leg: how pain can move around like a Mexican jumping bean."
                              Big grin Big grin Big grin I'll buy a copy Big grin Big grin Big grin

Dutchie

AnneCA

Working on the midweek midlongs, and did 8 miles this morning before work. The darkness was alleviated by a beautiful moon, and it was a nice run, although with a slow start -- early, dark, cold, and the day after a tempo run. I found a groove by the second half. I've got a race this weekend, the Emerald Across the Bay 12k: I haven't done this race before, but it's a longtime local favorite. The point-to-point across the GG Bridge course results in some shuttle bus two-step at the start, and wave starts to keep the bridge from being too crowded. Should be a fun race -- I'll be sure to post a report. Ayola -- welcome! Congrats on passing the 1000 mile bunny -- you're on your way. Trey -- stay limber and keep going easy on that leg. Paul -- so close to the bunny! Dutchie -- great that you're getting close to you goal. Russ -- where you running this week?