2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check-in 14-19 April (Read 274 times)

Dutchie42

Did the studying bit from 5-6h30 then hopped on the TM for a 20min interval. Didn't have much time but I wanted to make the best of it. In the end I ran 4K in 26:15min. I managed to ge to work just in time Smile And I actually felt really good. I guess that if I don't have time for a one hour run, I should at least make an effort to do a 20min run. Everyone has 20min somewhere in their day, right?

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Imminent Catastrophe

3 on the treadmill today, I'm getting little aches and pains in right knee and left foot. I've ramped up my mileage a lot in the last few weeks so taking it easy, prepping for Boston trip.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

8.8K early this morning with Spooky. No wildlife in sight Confused Just two cars and a biker and his dog. Guess that's urban wildlife Tongue Beautiful clear view across the lake of Amsterdam. Cold though, only 7C. ETA: after a nice tall glass of chocolate milk, I went and did a 35min LB workout (no warm up since I already ran and my lb felt warmed up enough). I'll probably regret it tomorrow when I'm in the middle of my 10-miler. We live and learn Smile

Dutchie

AnneCA

I'm putting my long run off until tomorrow -- I've been having some pain in my right knee this week. It doesn't actually hurt while I'm running, but the first few steps are bad. Undecided Although the worst comes while sitting at my desk during the day, youch. It came on so suddenly, and I have had zero problems with that knee before that I have to believe it's just some acute injury that will resolve. Positive thinking, right? Does anyone know if that pattern -- activity/warming up the area makes it feel better -- is indicitive of any particular kind of injury?
            Nice slow 7 to finish off a 20 mile week. Funny how 3 months ago 20 was a big week. Beautiful weather, great morning for a run. Got to love the last weekend before a big race: everyone is out on the road. Hope they're all back in two weeks....

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

theyapper

On the road again...

Finished my week off today with a 10 miler. Got me to within 1.2 miles of the bunny. I catch it next week!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

10 miles for my long run this week. It was a bit tough going today. I guess it's the warm weather. It was 76F at run time today and it just never felt good. I just slowed it down a bit and made the most of the beautiful day. I start my 72 hour work weeks in the morning so it's going to be a tough month coming up for mileage.
                Dutchie42

Gorgeous morning! Was out the door by 7AM. Out&Back course of 16.9K, trying to run the 2nd half slightly faster than the first half. First half was 1:02:45 Sec half was 58:38, despite extra breaks for a bouquet someone dropped and taking Spooky off leash again. Plus the last 15 minutes were getting increasingly more difficult to maintain pace. Running slow and easy meant I didn't go as far as I hoped to go in 2 hours (I was hoping for 18km). Next time I'll run 2h15min. See how far that'll get me Wink ETA: except for a slight case of DOMS in my butt, yesterday's LB didn't have much of an effect on my running. Unless maybe I might have been slightly faster if I hadn't worked my LB yesterday.

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

Last 10k of Boston Marathon route, Heartbreak Hill to finish line, then the BAA 5k which was crowded but fun, we got plenty of food and even a medal! It was really, really cool running part of the historic Marathon route. I'd like to do it for real some day. MTA: OMIGOSH, I'M WITHIN 1-1/2 MILES OF THE BUNNY! Big grin

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Imminent Catastrophe

Moved to the 20-26 April thread. It's Monday. Oops. Clowning around