2000Km-1243 mile club

Mileage check in- week of 4 February (Read 298 times)

Dutchie42

Today was my swim class: nearly all 45 minutes of butterfly. And a little freestyle.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

A Saucy Wench

Weights today...and supposed to be yoga tonight but the kids got vaccines today and I suspect I wont have the heart to wake them up so I can get there on time.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dutchie42

Started the day with UB strength training pyramid style. Muscles feel nicely worked. And Abs. Did something to my L-knee while stretching after my long run last Sunday. Happened during hero's pose. I was limping on Monday, though it got a bit better by the end of the day. Was worried it would interfere with my swimming, but not at all. After swimming my knee suddenly seemed better. Now explain that?! Anyways, was supposed to run first thing this morning, but decided to give my knee a little extra rest even though it wasn't bothering me. May run after work or skip it entirely today. My goals for February: 200K of running work my UB 8 times, incl. abs

Dutchie

Dutchie42

Just wondering, when I'm posting early mornings, are you guys still living a day earlier? Like it is Tuesday, almost 7AM for me. Is it Monday evening for you?

Dutchie

...---...

Just wondering, when I'm posting early mornings, are you guys still living a day earlier? Like it is Tuesday, almost 7AM for me. Is it Monday evening for you?
            You're in the Netherlands? If so, you're 6 hours ahead of me...so quite often when you're running your early mornings, I'm catching David Letterman or something late night on TV....or raid the frid for chocolate something Big grin

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

...---...

Oh, forgot to post I walked a couple miles with Hobbes...to rehab my bum knee I developed from running that STUPID beach Clowning around

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

I run for Fried Chicken!

It's about 10:45pm Monday night for me right now in Los Angeles. I'm hoping to get over this cold tonight and be able to run tomorrow. If not, the pace bunny is going to pass me!

...---...

Did something to my L-knee while stretching after my long run last Sunday. Happened during hero's pose.
                  Were you stretching out on the beach? Cause if you were...that's the reason for your knee problem Tongue stupid beaches Seriously, hope it's not bad. You very well may be the most "in-shape" person in all of runningahead...heal fast.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Were you stretching out on the beach? Cause if you were...that's the reason for your knee problem Tongue stupid beaches
                    LOL Trey, wish I was on a beach. Am I the only one here trying to fit in any strength training?

Dutchie

dork.major dork.

It is cold and rainy this morning. So I didn't go out for my run. I should have, but there is something so uninspiring about running in 35 degrees with rain. Dutchie - I should be trying to fit in strength stuff. It makes me feel so much better in my body, but I hate doing things halfway and I don't feel like I have three more workout times to squeeze in. Especially because I haven't figured out how to do strength stuff at home, and the gym is a whole other kind of commitment Undecided

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

A Saucy Wench

4.33 today it was 40 and rainy...such a relief!!

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dutchie42

I should be trying to fit in strength stuff. It makes me feel so much better in my body, but I hate doing things halfway and I don't feel like I have three more workout times to squeeze in. Especially because I haven't figured out how to do strength stuff at home, and the gym is a whole other kind of commitment Undecided
                          I use video workouts: check out Cathe.com. Her strength workouts are geared towards the advanced exerciser, but you can modify like using #5 instead of #10. You can view clips on her site. I do most of my training at 5AM before work. Except for yoga. Can't stand yoga in the early morning. Puts me right back to sleep. But with my runs getting longer, it gets harder to fit everything in.

Dutchie

A Saucy Wench

I have settled for strength training twice a week - actually feel better about that since they came out saying its better to have 72 hrs between lifting rather than the old 48 hrs. I commit to Monday and Thursday...write it in my calendar....and yeah - it still doesnt happen. Kids keep getting sick and I cant take them to the gym and I COULD do at least rudimentary stuff at home but I dont. So...Since Dec 21 I have managed TWICE. Sigh. And I have missed my last 2 yoga classes. What will I do when I can no longer blame missing workouts on my kids?

...---...

Stinking knee and ankle. Hobbled for a mile and a half...walked the remaining, with a limp. Looks like I might be down for a bit. Oooh, wait, I know...I could strength train Wink I'm signed up for an 8K this weekend...I'm not going to push it if I'm not feeling really good y Friday. Honestly, I shouldn't have gone out today. But I'm icing, elevating when possible, and cursing Seal Beach at every turn. Cheers all.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

5.6 this morning, then it started snowing as I was finishing. Has continued all day, so ran 3.5 on treadmill tonight.
                                keep running!