2000Km-1243 mile club

Mileage check in- week of 4 February (Read 298 times)

dork.major dork.

Ran 4 this morning. In light rain, it was nice to get out of the house and be alone in the early morning city. Planning to run during lunch tomorrow and Friday morning. Not sure when I'm going to get my long run in this weekend. Might have to forgo imbibing at my friend's b-day party on Saturday and run Sunday...

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

A Saucy Wench

5.1 this morning. Might be a bit short on mileage this week. Dh wants to go skiing on sunday which means I would have to be done with my run by 6 am. On a sunday thats too early

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Imminent Catastrophe

Zero. Sorry to sound like a whiner, but I've got nothing better to do, after all I'm not spending any time running! Buh.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

All business

It is cold and rainy this morning. So I didn't go out for my run. I should have, but there is something so uninspiring about running in 35 degrees with rain.
          It was upper 30's and raining last night when i went and was some of the best weather i'd seen in days. I love a good run in the rain though. It's so refreshing, and kind of reminds me of being a kid. Got some miles in early this week, don't know if i'll get out today, but want my miles back up towards 30-35 this week. We'll see how that goes...

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

Dutchie42

Did 15K after work on the TM: 1st 5K a walk break after every 1000 meters at 9K/h. I then had to go to the bathroom. That's what I love about treadmill running. No need to jump behind bushes and worry that someone sees me. 2nd 5K I ran continuously at 9K/h and a 1 minute walkbreak at the end. 3rd 5K I ran continuously at 9.5K/h. After I did a short lower body workout: lunges, squats, plie squats and calfs. 3 sets of 10 reps. My medium run is getting so long that I can't fit it in in the morning anymore. 4:45AM is really the earliest I'm willing to get out of bed. So what do you guys do when the runs get longer? Do you get up earlier? How early?

Dutchie
            Run the day, or the day runs you.

A Saucy Wench

yup earlier and earlier. It's one of the reasons I dont think I will ever do a spring marathon (unless someday I miraculously BQ) It is a lot easier to run at 5 am in the summer. Although it was weird last year, I think I was still running in 40 degrees through most of August because I was so early.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

...---...

Zero yesterday (Tues) hoping my knee and ankle spring back to life. Knee is noticably better but ankle still periodically hurts in a pressure like, turned it a certain way, doesn't hurt to touch, can't put my finger on it, somewhere inside the high ankle area, kind of thing. Gonna take another rest day and maybe do a test run on Friday before making a decision about my 8K on Saturday. Dutchie - I wish I were a morning runner but I'm not. In the summer, I have forced myself in the past to get up pre-dawn for runs (especially on business trips) but the reality is, I hate doing it. I typically have a hard time getting to sleep (or even much sleep at all) so mornings for me are slow. It would probably help my stress level at work if I did get up to run...I'd love to see some of my neighbors shuffling in their house slippers and robes, bed-head hair and all, getting the morning paper and being horrified at at anyone seeing them like that. Evil grin People are funny.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Today was my 60min swim class. Man I had to swim hard today. But, I did manage 14 laps in 30 minutes. That's 700 meters!! I'm really proud of me Big grin I swam a total of 1200 meters. Even more proud of me Big grin Big grin This must be a life time record for me. And it was all freestyle. Except the recovery laps. Those were breast stroke. Well, I'm off to the dentist. Just a check.

Dutchie

A Saucy Wench

4.3 today I have been struggling with getting my pace even to the low end of my easy run pace for the last few weeks and today I had the "If I cant run 10 minute miles, maybe I can run 9 minute miles" mentality. Ended up doing a progression run 10:45, 9:45, 9:20, 8:45 and a bit of 8:00 with a short cooldown. Feel better.

A Saucy Wench

Z Dutchie - I wish I were a morning runner but I'm not. In the summer, I have forced myself in the past to get up pre-dawn for runs (especially on business trips) but the reality is, I hate doing it. I typically have a hard time getting to sleep (or even much sleep at all) so mornings for me are slow. It would probably help my stress level at work if I did get up to run...I'd love to see some of my neighbors shuffling in their house slippers and robes, bed-head hair and all, getting the morning paper and being horrified at at anyone seeing them like that. Evil grin People are funny.
                      I'm not a morning person either, and I have insomnia. It became necessity and now I kind of sort of like it, but I miss running in light.

I run for Fried Chicken!

Only 3 miles so far this week. Blah! Still fighting this lingering cold. It's been hectic at work and it's taking me longer to recover than it really should. Today was the first day I've felt a lot better but I'm still really tired. Hopefully I'll be able to ramp my mileage back up next week. The bunny is getting away!

...---...

I'm not a morning person either, and I have insomnia. It became necessity and now I kind of sort of like it, but I miss running in light.
                          You don't want to hang yourself when the early alarm goes off after 2 or 3 hours sleep? Please tell me your secrets. Really...I mean, seriously, I'm interested.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

A Saucy Wench

You don't want to hang yourself when the early alarm goes off after 2 or 3 hours sleep? Please tell me your secrets. Really...I mean, seriously, I'm interested.
                            One I have no choice. I have to get home before dh goes to work and in time to get dd up for school etc. Ther is no other time for me to run ever. When I started I remember getting up every day at 5:30 for a week, shutting off the alarm and going back to bed. The second week I got up, sat in the computer room for 15-20 minutes. The third week I actually made it out the damn door. It gets easier with time. And you will start going to bed earlier. My problem is I sleep a couple hours and then wake up and am jusssst drifting back to sleep when BRAAAANNNNNGGGGG Confused Yes there are some mornings that I absolutely want to shoot myself rather than get up. This morning I was still in an Ambien fog (I normally wont take one the night before I run) it was pouring and the wind was blowing it at a 45 degree angle. The secret is I dont sleep in (much) on the days I dont run. Sleeping in for me is 6-6:30. The downside is dh is a night owl so we seriously dont overlap well. And it is 9:30 now and I am exhausted. During the summer when it is light out it isnt so hard. In the winter I would have a harder time. It is definitely easier this year because i have conned someone in to running with me and I know she will be out there. We live a mile apart, leave at ~ the same time and meet in the middle. Guilt works wonders. Also, since I am the type of insomniac who cant get BACK to sleep, usually I realize by the time I have almost talked myself in to going back to bed, that it is futile to think that I will get any more sleep before the kids wake up anyway.

...---...

Thanks Ennay - I'll give it a shot. Glad to know there's another sleep deprived member in the group. Gonna test out the knee/ankle today. Knee is feeling fine so far. Ankle is not 100% but only when I step in a particular way/angle etc. Apparently, the conditions have to be just right to detect a weakness. Is this a good or bad sign? I don't know. Hoping I will feel good after a mile run today and if so, will try the 8K tomorrow. If not, I won't do the race. Hoping everyone has a great weekend.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

It is definitely easier this year because i have conned someone in to running with me and I know she will be out there. We live a mile apart, leave at ~ the same time and meet in the middle. Guilt works wonders.
                                This would absolutely work for me! Unfortunately, I haven't found someone insane enough to run with me. If I think the night before that I may not get up in the early morning, I'll tell my boys that I'll take the dogs out on a run. There's no way I can back out of that one. But I'm too chicken to say I will always take the dogs out...... Sometimes, like this morning, my warm bed is much more appealing. BTW, running in daylight is so much more easy to do at 5AM. I have no problems getting up at all. It's the dark that's messing with my brain.

Dutchie