2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Mileage Check in for week of 8 September (Read 209 times)

Dog-Love

I had a pretty great 20-miler. On trails with only 15 minutes of rain. Ran qwith 3 friends and it really helped pass the time. Felt tired but not sick. GOing to bed now
    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

A Saucy Wench

wooohoo Crabby!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

...---...

8 miles at MP friday after work.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Got in 35 minutes on the elliptical, I'm still laying off the running a little longer. The workout room was on the 28th floor and I was looking down at a hospital helipad, and got to see a couple of helicopters land and deliver patients, so it wasn't so boring.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I run for Fried Chicken!

5.75 on the road today. I almost skipped this run and boy am I glad I didn't. Was feeling tired and lazy and a nap was calling my name. Decided to just throw myself outside before the calling of the nap got any stronger. Ended up just flying through my run and it felt effortless. I think the cool weather helped as well. First run in months that I've ran in weather below 70f.

A Saucy Wench

sniff. I am no longer on the bunny page Wink Rest day today. Needed the sleep if nothing else. Have my long long tomorrow and it is supposed to be HOT. Probably will be cold when I start and hot when I finish.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dutchie42

Sorry Ennay, but eh, that meant I moved up 4 places Big grin

Dutchie
                Run the day, or the day runs you.

I run for Fried Chicken!

sniff. I am no longer on the bunny page Wink Rest day today. Needed the sleep if nothing else. Have my long long tomorrow and it is supposed to be HOT. Probably will be cold when I start and hot when I finish.
                  Why are you no longer on the bunny page? Do you get bumped off if you exceed a certain mileage?

A Saucy Wench

Yeah. Eric changed the program so that the YTD pages wouldnt take so long to load. He changed a couple of things. One is I think they work like Aaron and Derek's sheets and only do a snapshot every X minutes instead of to the minute, but also once you cross the finish line you are removed.

Dutchie42

OK, did a 6.5K easy on Friday, 8.5K easy on Saturday and a 12.3K tempo today. Was meant to be slow and easy, but it somehow turned into the slow at first, fast(er) in the middle, then slow at the end sort of run. It was only 15C today, and the chilly wind made it feel colder. Took Spooky to the little beach at the lake once we finished our run. She had a great time running through the water, playing with two other dogs Big grin

Dutchie
                      Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

16 miles this morning. Did the last 2 miles at MP and -14 MP respectively. It's still so freaking hot and humid, am about sick to death of temps in the 90's. Hydrated so well before and during the run that I had to make 4 pit stops along the way. Taking advice from this group, I gelled with water and alternated with sports drink at intervals spaced out from each other which seem to give me gas in the tank by the end of these long runs. PS - thank goodness for body glide. MTA - gelling drinking early, even if you feel a little full and is not needed, is the key.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12