2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check in April 27 - May 3 (Read 335 times)

HappyFeat

Happy Belated Birthday, Dutchie! Hope it was a special day for you.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Dutchie42

Thanks everyone for your birthday wishes. Had a great day yesterday which ended with a lovely dinner in Amsterdam wandering around the city which was already starting the street parties that Queens Day is famous for. Silly tourists buying all this orange stuff to celebrate with us Dutch Tongue Anyways, if you ever plan on visiting Holland make sure you're here on Queens Day. http://goamsterdam.about.com/od/eventsfestivalsholidays/p/queensdayevents.htm http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koninginnedag Another gorgeous morning, and another great run. Off to do a LB w/o. Teresa: great to see you again. Sounds like a lovely area for a vacation. drphibes: I'm sure you'll stay ahead of the bunny easily. Anne: when was your marathon again? Do you still have plenty of time to practice, practice? I would like to set my marathon pace (in Oct.) to 6:45min. I've got plenty of time left to get there. Right now I'm more at 7min/km.

Dutchie
      Run the day, or the day runs you.

Imminent Catastrophe

Hey everyone, I hope your week is going well. Internet is $$$ on the boat so I'm not spending much time online and I'm consolidating posts: The old saying that cruises are for the "newlywed and nearly dead" is partly true Wink. The bingo-and-shuffleboard set is here for sure and the poolside looks like a scene from the movie "Wall-E". But they also have a really nice gym and good healthy food and such. Plus wi-fi, satellite TV, rock climbing wall and even an ice rink! We're passing time sitting on our balcony drinking wine. I sailed on the Queen Mary when I was a kid and things have changed just a bit! Crap, that really makes me old Smile Anyway there are plenty of folks like us here who are pretty active. There's another guy about my age who is trying to BQ. So far this week: Monday: 25 laps on deck for 5 miles, easy. It was nice and cool with a light breeze and it's a nice rubberized track. Tuesday: Snorkeling and kayaking, good exercise but no running. Wednesday: Once they canceled the Mexico port calls and turned north into the wind it was 58 mph on deck! The topside track wasn't an option since I didn't want to be blown overboard so did 5 miles on the treadmill "hills" program. Nice ocean view but they have a 20-minute limit. WTF? 20 minutes is a warmup! Since nobody was waiting I did the 5. Thursday: 6 mi on the treadmill (still 50 mph winds on deck) with 6 x 1/4 mi intervals @7:30 pace. It's cold out there--50's with 50 mph wind, and I packed clothes for Mexico! Tomorrow we'll pass under the Golden Gate, that will be cool.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I'm back at it this week. Only lost a couple of days last week with the marital disagreements. Just doing some easy runs on the treadmill after work. Been working 12 hour days with only one day off a week so it's been hard to get the runs in. Thanks for putting up with my whining last week. I appreciate all the advise and support. The DW and I worked out a couple of things and I am back on schedule.

Dog-Love

Always great to get along with spousal units! I ran a 5K nice and easy run out on this gorgeous trail in the 68 degree sun in Juneau with my dog of course and my friend fast-Dave
            Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
              Jeff that's some of the best news I've heard all week.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Apparently I really should have stuck to plan and run very easy on Wednesday. My legs had been replaced by 2x4's this morning so I completed a verrrry slow 30 minutes. And humidity is back. Yay?

...---...

Got in a slow 3 miler yesterday, tolerable discomfort but felt great after. This morning I was tight and hurting a bit. Had phys therapy this morning (I love my phys therapist but she's a torturer) ...so I'll try to get another 3 miler after work today. Gonna run a little longer this weekend. Big test this week with my first back-to-back runs and then a longer run on a day of rest. Still hopeful (and planning) to run SF in July. I've got a schedule laid out that should get me there. Slow but steady.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Did a 4K warm up jog, followed by a 35 minutes plyo w/o. I'll probably be sore for a week Tongue Whole country is in uproar and in shock because of the utterly stupid attack on the royal family yesterday that had 5 innocent bystanders killed and 12 people badly hurt. I mean, who drives a small Japanese car at top speed through a crowd trying to hit an armoured (sp?) bus??? Did the asshole really think he could make a dent in the bus? Last assassination attempt on the royals was early 1900's when Queen Whilhelmina was attacked. She simply stepped in an open horse drawn coach the very next day.

Dutchie

...---...

Wow - Dutchie. That's horrible news about the royal family. Even worse about the innocent by-standers.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Spike came along this morning. This means we had quite a few breaks for a little sniff&no dig. And surprise surprise, Jimmy came along too. Which meant I had to run harder and faster than I would usually do on a Sat run. Hope I'm not paying for it tomorrow during my long run. I bought Jim a completely new running outfit yesterday: shoes (Mizuno's), singlet, shorts and handheld bottle. I'm pleasantly surprised he's taking an interest in running again. He used to be good at it (read: fast). He's the one who's been sneakily running on the TM about once or twice a week this Winter. Untill I caught him. Now that the secret is out, he wants to join me once or twice for my early morning runs. I like how my lifestyle is rubbing off on my kids. Even in the food department they're more and more choosing healthy food over hamburgers and french fries. Hard run for me. Both dogs were feeling the love this morning and pulling me along at high speed. At times, my feet literally couldn't keep up with the speed we we're going at and I had to pull on the leashes to slow down. Jim considered it a real easy run.

Dutchie

...---...

3 miles with Hobbes yesterday. Need rain (doing rain dance).

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Easy 7. A little light rain at the start, but the heavy stuff stayed south. The bunny made up 12 miles on me this week. Next week will be a different story.

theyapper

On the road again...

Finished my week with a long run today, came back and saw that I am ahead of the bunny for the first time. I'm sure I'll be a bit behind it again on Monday since it'll be running while I rest tomorrow, but next week I think I will officially get ahead of it to stay.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Imminent Catastrophe

Friday: 4 mi easy on deck docked in San Francisco. Mary Ann ran Boston last week so a long run over the GG Bridge was not an option. It's a really nice view of the city from the deck! Then over to the Buena Vista for Irish Coffee. OMG Trey, you're right, those are REALLY good Smile And strongClowning around Then stopped by the Boudin bakery and bought a bunch of stuff we really didn't need, thanks to the Irish Coffees. I'm blaming Trey. BTW you WILL smell the sourdough as you pass by here in the SF Marathon. MMMmmmmmm... Saturday: underway again in the fog on deck, 4 mi easy, 1 mi @ 7:18, 1 mi cooldown. We're headed home tomorrow. MTA You'll get there Trey, just think, "Buena Vista, Buena Vista...". Heh.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016