2000Km-1243 mile club

Mileage check-in for week of 31 December (Read 246 times)

Dutchie42

I kinda like to check in with my mileage so I will. As a European, my week starts on Monday. Recap sofar: Mon - 10K doggie run, first 7.8 out with the dogs, last 2.2 on the TM, what I like to call a reversed Caroline, after someone on another board who does TM first, then goes outside to finish the run (which is a Caroline). Followed by 30min leg workout Tue - 6K easy run on the TM, plus 20 min leg workout Wed - 10.6K easy run on the TM, plus 20 min leg workout I normally run only 5xweek: Tue, Wed, Fri, Sat and Sun. But this week I don't have to work so I want to start the first week of the year with 7 days of running. Plus, normally I swim on Mon and Thu, but the swimming pool filed for bankruptcy. Right now, noone knows when the pool will open up again.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

Today I had a very short run planned, 3K. But I stumbled down the stairs and hurt my left hip and left knee. Figured skipping 3K wouldn't be a big deal. Did do strength training though: chest, triceps and biceps plus abs.

Dutchie
      Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

From 12/31 - 1/6, logged 17.5 miles running and a few more walking. Ramping up easy right now. Weather had me not running earlier in the week but today was a georgeous 65! Next coupe of days will be the same...near 70 on Tuesday. Hope everyone else is having the same. Have a good week all.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

18.5 this week. All easy, and that's how it's gonna be for the time being. Trey--how's Hobbes doing?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

Trey--how's Hobbes doing?
            Hey - doing great. Napping on his dog bed right behind me...dreaming of catching milk bones from his nose. Got any pets? Of course, Hobbes doesn't know he's a D O G.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

...Got any pets? ...
              Well, yes I do. Here they are... They are all rescue dogs, and the one on the left is Daisy, my running partner who tows me for 6.2 miles on my daily run. Right now she's doing just what Hobbes is doing--napping.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

Beautiful dogs. Hobbes won't go out for more than 2 miles...funny considering he's high energy any other time. Maybe Daisy can coach or mentor Hobbes. Have a great week!

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

dork.major dork.

Hi All, 15.7 miles this week. This group/pace bunny is definitely a stretch goal for me. If my current planned ramp up in mileage goes as planned and I do a couple races it should be doable. I just need to be ok with being behind the rabbit for a little bit. Keep it up! And you make me wish I had a four legged running partner -- they might help me get out of bed in the morning.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

...---...

Hi All, 15.7 miles this week. This group/pace bunny is definitely a stretch goal for me. If my current planned ramp up in mileage goes as planned and I do a couple races it should be doable. I just need to be ok with being behind the rabbit for a little bit. Keep it up! And you make me wish I had a four legged running partner -- they might help me get out of bed in the morning.
                    You can do this, no sweat. Well, maybe some sweat but I beleive. We'll all pass the rabbit in the coming months. Just like in a race, we start off easy and then take off near the end. Getting out of bed in the morning is certainly not a problem when an 80 pound lab leaps onto your bed - i call it the mattress tsunami (no not a water bed) - and starts licking you in the face with the enthusiasm of cheerleader on speed...tail wagging furiously, in a circular side-to-side motion that says "get up! it's time to PLAY!"

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

...---...

And you make me wish I had a four legged running partner -- they might help me get out of bed in the morning.
                      Seriously, as you probably well know, there are so many wonderful dogs out there that need to be rescued. I would adopt them all, if I could. I think I should have been a vet.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12