2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check in 11Jan - 17 Jan (Read 395 times)

Dog-Love

Trey

Sheeeeeshhh you are on fire and I'll do my best to keep training for the SF.  My 14 year old wants to do the half.  I am feeling super-fat and lame these day and can barely make timre for a short stride on thr TM.   Been traveling a lot and really missing my trail runs.  Not even injured...just not making the time. 

Perfessor:  slow and steady and hope you can keep positive

Dutchie...You are an inspiration and tomorrow I will get my a%% out of bed early and get a run in before catching a plane

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

7 miles yesterday outside! Finally warm enough to get most of those slick spots melted off of the sidewalks. I think every single runner in Halifax was outside. 22.3 for the week - working up to 30 mpw - maybe by March...

Today back to -9º - I've has 4 days running in a row, so I'm off to the elliptical and some upper body WT (and steam room) at the YMCA.

I hope you can rest and get better Perfesser - I'm with the massage method too. My office manager (fellow runner) is signing me up for a monthly massage/ PT just for maintenance. I'm also going to try a yoga for runners class - yoga hasn't really clicked for me in the past but I'll try again.

A

Recalculating...

HappyFeat

Thank goodness for RA and the posts everyone contributes!  Even though some topics are repetitive, I actually think that's good because I need the reminders.  There's a post today about hamstring issues that reminded me I've been totally forgetting to do the dynamic hip swings before and after running the last couple of weeks.  Those have been the crucial factor in resolving my hamstring catch. I guess once it started feeling better, I stopped doing them. The problem's not gone though and in fact has become chronic for the last couple years; so I need to make those stretches part of my daily routine.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Dutchie42

Crabby: sorry to let you down today. I couldn't get my 10 miler in today. A friend came unexpectedly for a cup of tea but then stayed for hours to unload her frustration about her mother and sisters and the blow up on New Years Eve. She didn't leave until way past the time slot I had for today's long run 

Normally I would tell people they'd have to go cause I have to run. People know I'm a runner and totally understand (or at least pretend to) But in this case I just didn't have the heart to.

This has me lagging behind the bunny even more. I have to catch up on over 30 kilometers now! And with a 10K race next weekend, that will add up to close to 40 kilometers. How am I gonna catch up with that? That darn pink monster just never stops running

Perfesser: I always get massage therapy when I'm injured. My PT wants me in once a month for "maintenance". But I haven't been in since September. 

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

12 miler to wrap up a step-back week.  Ran in shorts and short sleeves for the first time this year.  Back on the big horse next week. 

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Imminent Catastrophe

I did 30 minutes on the elliptical today while watching "The Hurt Locker". Wow, that kept my HR up! I think the elliptical is a viable crosstraining workout, the  motion is so close to running, without the impact.

Then I did 1-1/2 miles on TM and outside and actually felt better. Maybe I'm over the hump. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

I did 30 minutes on the elliptical today while watching "The Hurt Locker". Wow, that kept my HR up! I think the elliptical is a viable crosstraining workout, the  motion is so close to running, without the impact.

Then I did 1-1/2 miles on TM and outside and actually felt better. Maybe I'm over the hump. 

I'm so glad you had a good workout. We'll keep all our fingers and paws crossed for good luck as you continue to improve.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.