2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check in 11-17 May- (Read 319 times)

Dutchie42

Perfesser: run like the wind in Twisted Ankle! Ann: leg raises on all fours? Does that mean you're in table top then do leg raises? How am I suppose to picture this?

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

The outage is finally over! Now I can get back to a somewhat regular schedule. Hopefully I missed the round of injuries that seems to be going around right now. I am all rested up and feeling good. I have my 10K next weekend. Hopefully I havn't lost too much over the last 4 weeks.

Dog-Love

Good luck on those darn injuries.. I ran hills yesterday...4 repeats up this 0.3 mile hill. Tough but doable. Been biking a bit more to mix things up and will run a 5 K on Saturday. Not ready to break my PR (24:39) but will try.
        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

2 miles very easy on TM to test the leg. Starts off very annoying but seems to loosen up after a mile or so. Still hurting though. Undecided

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

Did a little better than 4 miles Thursday after work with the neighborhood boys- then off to our favorite taproom/pizzeria downtown. Finally, Bells Brewery is being distributed in SC. Awesome. So, I had my first Bells pale ale and my first Oberon (both on tap) - delicious. I've never been a big wheat beer drinker but the Oberon was great. I can see that one being in the fridge all summer. Have a great weekend everyone. MTA Crabby: good luck with the 5K this weekend Perfesser: hope things hold together at Twisted Ankle. Good luck as well.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

3 more very easy on the TM with easy stretching. Leg much better today. I'm good to go tomorrow but will definitely dial it back and just enjoy.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

AnneCA

Russ -- hope you're feeling recovered. Crabby -- have a great race this weekend. Jeff - rested and feeling good is a great way to head into a 10k. Dutchie -- The exercise she showed me is basically this: http://www.ehow.com/video_2359951_all-fours-bent-leg-butt.html. The massage definitely helped, and I'm running again, hopefully not being stupid in doing so. I can still feel some soreness, but . . . . Got another appointment next Tuesday. This weekend is the Bay to Breakers (and, no, definitely not running naked Wink), which I have a number for. It's a 12k and I'm sure I could run that far on this leg -- I did 7 miles on Wednesday. Earlier, I had been planning on doing it as a round trip for a long run. I've never run it before, but it's so freaking crowded that unless you're up there with the elites, apparently you're elbow to elbow for a lot of it, so I've been planning on doing it well below race pace. And doing it as an out and back (back would actually be on parallel streets, of course) solves the transportation problems. But I"m not sure I should put 15 miles, even slow miles, on this leg yet. I guess I don't have to run all the way back, just to the closest BART station, although that only saves about two miles. Still trying to decide -- will probably depend on how I feel through today and tomorrow.

Dog-Love

I'm running 4-6 today with Fast JJ and hope to take it a bit easy. My daughter who is 13 is running the 5K with me tomorrow and she will definitely be my pace bunny. Anne: Have fun at B2B...I ran that a number of times when I lived in SF. I remember the 1st miles are pretty darn slow. But the end is pretty fun. I miss GG Park! Have fun tomorrow Perfessor...
                  Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                  Dutchie42

Gorgeous morning, but cold: only 8C. Lovely easy run. Plenty of rabbits around. Haven't seen any deer since early April. Wonder what happened to them. Or are they hiding? Did see my first fox of the season yesterday. Finally ran past the pink beast. It will catch up with me again some time today.

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

Twisted Ankle HM. The temperature was OK (70 or so) and overcast helped a lot but WOW it was humid, like a wet blanket. Within minutes I was drenched and did a nice imitation of a lawn sprinkler the whole way. I drank a lot but it still wasn't enough. And the mud on the steep climb and descent made it even harder and more treacherous than usual. I'm tired! Still, the leg behaved and I ended up with a 2:29:20 or so. A lot slower than 2007 but faster than 2006. I'm OK with it, as I had to protect the leg and have done no trail runs at all. I didn't even fall down! Big grin Also, the Garmin lost 15 minutes or so of data in mile 3 for some reason Angry

Dog-Love

I hate HUMID! Great job on a long tough race. I just finished a 5 K this morning...very cold win and a couple of hills but I felt good. 25:37 which is 38 seconds slower than I wanted. My daughter finished in 23:56. She is awesome. TIme to clean up the yard, launch our skiff and just get some stuff done around the house

...---...

Russ, Crabby - awesome today. 11 miles today in some serious humidity. The first 3 miles in the rain, then the sun came out and baked us. Humidity was so thick I never dried out at all. Good training though. This was my last long run with my buddy Matt before he moves to Cleveland (job transfer). He and I have run hundreds of miles together. Trained for and completed out first marathons together, run countless 5K's, and homebrewed many many fine beers together. A happy and sad day.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Great job on the races, guys. Hopefully it goes as well for Anne tomorrow.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Dutchie42

Weekend racers: those are some awesome finish times guys. Congrats Wink Yesterday, was the first time I was ahead of the bunny. I'm behind again. But today's long run should settle that forever Tongue

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

Yesterday, was the first time I was ahead of the bunny. I'm behind again. But today's long run should settle that forever Tongue
                                Kill the wabbit!