2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in 1 - 7 March (Read 427 times)

drphibes -great report - it is always good to have a plan B - that's the big lesson from curling heffa - 5 miles after a sleepless night-wow! speaking of which - I'm almost asleep now 8:30 - under the covers watching "The nature of things" I'm way tired after 6 this morning, working on my second 30 mile week - how do you high mileage guys do it? A

Recalculating...

Breakthrough day today!  I managed my 14 mile long run today with no walking/stretching breaks.  I think I finally have a handle on this new running style I've been struggling with.  I only have a couple more PT sessions for the last little bit of core strength workouts and new running style coaching.  I was a little skeptical going in, but they have been awesome!

Now for the realistic side of things.  Boston is only six weeks away and although the 14 went well it was about all I could have done.  I still have some major ramping up to do and not much time to do it.

Dutchie42

Heffa: careful with building your miles. You don't want to get hurt again!

Me: this week so far 1x 10 kilometer hills and 1x 9.5 kilometer interval. Will go out in an hour or two for a 6 kilometer doggie run.

They forecasted snow for the weekend.... I can't stand the stuff anymore.

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dog-Love

I have been having knee issues and took most of the week off.  Today I ran 5 and felt OK.  So may do a longer run this weekend if it stops howling raining and pissing 34 degree water/hail/snow down.

I am running with a friend who is running Boston so I am one degree away from you heffa...take care on those long runs

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Ahhh coffee

9.7 super windy, but sunny and 2º

Careful with those body parts folks everyone!

After the saturday errands we are off on a field trip to Peggy's Cove! A

Recalculating...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

After the saturday errands we are off on a field trip to Peggy's Cove! A

Not fair! Hubby and I spent the first day of our Nova Scotia honeymoon at Peggy's Cove.  An amazing storm blew it...it was so dramatic and awesome.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Dog-Love

Not fair! Hubby and I spent the first day of our Nova Scotia honeymoon at Peggy's Cove.  An amazing storm blew it...it was so dramatic and awesome.

Hey ZZ...Son't get mad but me and dh are flying to Boston in May and driving to Prince Edward Island for a week and a half trip.  I am soooo excited to see Maine and I think we will get to Nova Scotia.  I have been to PEI and it is also quite pretty.  By then I should be needing to get 16-18 mile runs in. 

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, that will be so cool!  We didn't manage to get to PEI while on our honeymoon, but I'd been there as a kid on a family trip.  We really want to get back there someday with DS.  I think he would enjoy everything about that part of Canada.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Just a dude.

Well, long run today (11)... and it felt... well.. long...  I lost 4 lbs on it even tho I drank well...  I'm going to imagine that I burned that much fat.  

This will be my first week over 40 miles... I'm thinking I'll probably try to duplicate this week again next week... I've been building mileage kinda quick, and I might be getting a bit ahead of myself...

Glad to see you guys are feeling better... Hope you both get in a good week next week...

-Kelly 

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Dutchie42

My whole UB is sooo sore! I did a 50 min boxing work out yesterday after my run (incl. abs). And it's been a while since I've been punching and hooking and stuff. Gosh I should've known not to put too much power in it.

Anyways, today is my long run. It's -5C with a windchill of -10C. Wanted to go out for a 10K with Spooky at 7AM and add on 13K on the TM, but I think I'm gonna wait till temps are a little better. They forecasted snow for the weekend, but it's not here yet. Would you believe that a week ago it was 8C? Arghhh, Dutch weather 

Dutchie
                      Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dog-Love

Ran 5 miles sort of fast today with a bit of walking in the middle.  Got home and my 6'2" son was sleeping on MY couch so I sat at the table reading RUnners World and fell asleep on my tea cup.  Wish I had a picture of the cup ring mark on my cheek. 

I needed this slow...clean house...go for run...play with cat Saturday

Good day yesterday after the long run, after a requisite trip to the evil mall, we drove to Peggy's Cove - not the 6ºC day as promised but big sky sunny which we haven't had in a month. I always feel so clean after a windy day at the ocean.

Today I got dusted by the "medium" HM training group (goal HM 2:10-2:15) who were on their long run - I ran with them for a half mile at 11:00 m/m and then let em go. I guess I'll have to look for the "slow" group.

There's a PEI marathon in October that I'm eyeing for my first one (maybe 2011?) During the summer I'm going to build towards a 40 mile week and if I don't break I'll consider going the distance.

Finished up 30 mile week #2 onto week #3, and maybe I'll catch that bunny!

A

Crabby - I'm a former mid-Coast Mainer, who was chased out due to the terrible economy. I can probably point you in the right direction for a good lunch or dinner on your drive to Canada.

Recalculating...

Imminent Catastrophe

I managed 31 miles this week, with a long run of 14, both a new high since November. Nothing spectacular but I'm getting nice, steady runs with no major issues and building my base back up.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

10 miles today as I try to get back on the ramp.  No problems, but more effort than normal. Partly due to heat (can humans run when the temperature gets over 60º? I've forgotten), partly due to running a little fast (forgot the watch and decided to run by feel), but mainly cause the legs don't feel quite right yet.

Russ: glad things are coming along.  Happy you and Jeff are getting back to full-speed.

Kelly: I'm a big believer in the step-back week every third week or so.  I'll cut back 25% or more, especially after a hard week.  Helps with mental recovery as much as physical. But I'm a beginner so YMMV.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Another high mileage weekend for me.  I did my 14 miler on Friday which I already mentioned, 6.2 miles of walking with DW getting ready for the half in 2 weeks, then 5 miles easy today.  Most important is that I did my taxes this weekend!

I talked to Trey this evening.  For the most part he is doing OK.  The new job has him traveling quite a bit.  As for as running goes it sounds like he has a similar injury to the one that I've been having trouble with.  I gave him some advice on the stuff I've been doing to get past the injury, hopefully some of it will work for him too.