2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in 1 - 7 March (Read 427 times)

HappyFeat

Thanks for the update on Trey, Brian. I'm relieved to know nothing catastrophic happened to him and look forward to him rejoining the group in the future.

As for my own running. I'm wondering if it's too much for me to do a long run every Saturday. They seem to be going from bad to worse. I did 8 this Saturday and each mile was slower than the one before it. I'm not really sore from it, but I could barely hang in there. I had worked up to 10 a few weeks ago, but haven't been able to repeat it since. A couple of weeks ago, I signed up to do a  hilly 12K  mid-May, but now my confidence has tanked. Trying to regroup, I'm thinking I should try every other Saturday and see if that helps.

MTA:  I was just re-reading Brian's advice to Kelly about cutting back 25% every third week.

Maybe I'll give that a try.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Imminent Catastrophe

I talked to Trey this evening.  For the most part he is doing OK.  The new job has him traveling quite a bit.  As for as running goes it sounds like he has a similar injury to the one that I've been having trouble with.  I gave him some advice on the stuff I've been doing to get past the injury, hopefully some of it will work for him too.

Thanks for the Trey update. However, there is no excuse for him not checking in with the 2000k group, if you talk with him please inform him that he is on double-secret probation. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks for the Trey update. However, there is no excuse for him not checking in with the 2000k group, if you talk with him please inform him that he is on double-secret probation. 

Toga party!!! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Dog-Love

Toga party????  YEA!  I ran 5 on Sat and my knee is still a bit tweaky.  I do have new shoes but they are the same model I always get.  WTF?  So resting today and may spin instead.

Thanks Ayola for the lunch/dinner notes when the time comes.  May try to book my ticket later this week if the prices don't scare me too much.

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)