2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in for 12/22-12/28 (Read 267 times)

Dutchie42

Man it's cold!! -3C it was. I'm so not used to these temps. Santa had given me a "wool" cap that I could pull over my ears, so nice! So necessary today! My butt and thighs are still freezing, 10 minutes after I got indoors. We did 4.5K this morning. First run outdoors in 2 weeks. Spike and Spook soooo loved it. So did I! R-foot is fine. First run on my customised insoles in a month. My L-foot definitely feels better with the insoles!

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

Hauled in a slow 11 miles. Still eating everything in sight. Nice run, no real IT issues - kept the course as flat as I could, nice easy pace - took a few walk breaks when I started to tighten up - seemed to work.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

68 degrees...hard to imagine. South Carolina? I went post-holing yesterday in 22 degree weather (up from 1 degree so I was not complaining)
        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
        Gig

I did eight, then I ate. I was going to do ten, but I had to meet the family at 10. I ran into an old buddy walking his dog in the park. Actually, I had only met him once before, at the same park. Strange fellow, but very nice. And his puppy, Hurley, is adorable. Anyway, that took some time out, so I shortened the run by one mile for that, and by another mile because I wanted 15 minutes to stand still and stare at the beach. It was an excellent decision. Now I'm back in Annapolis, looking forward to 10 or so tomorrow. (Oh, and I ought to be passing 1243 pretty early in the run.) Wink

...---...

68 degrees...hard to imagine. South Carolina? I went post-holing yesterday in 22 degree weather (up from 1 degree so I was not complaining)
            Yeah - typically it's not this warm this time of year but not unheard of either. It was a solid 70 F on Christmas day. Anyone who lives here, and makes excuses for not running due to weather (except for rain) just doesn't want to run. MTA: What is post-holing? Making holes for fence posts?

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

Yeah - typically it's not this warm this time of year but not unheard of either. It was a solid 70 F on Christmas day. Anyone who lives here, and makes excuses for not running due to weather (except for rain) just doesn't want to run. MTA: What is post-holing? Making holes for fence posts?
              I love people who don't live in snow country Big grin. Its when you are breaking trail trough snow and your weight punches through the top foot or so of snow. Its why folks use snow shoes for hiking/running. Without snowshoes it can be exhausting going a mile. MTA: spelling fixes
              Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

I hate to be Debbie Downer here, but had an awful 6.2-mile run today. Just keeping up my "slow" pace felt like a supreme effort. It felt like I was dragging an anchor the whole time. At least I didn't cut the run short like I really wanted to, so there's a silver lining I suppose. Better luck tomorrow!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dog-Love

Good job on the HTFU and finishing the run day!!! I had a great run with my friend who pushes me where normally I might walk...or turn around. It was cold but pretty nice out
                  Teresadfp

One day at a time

49 degrees in Maine yesterday!!! 7 miles felt almost effortless. Whoo hoo! It was a good reminder how much harder it is to run when it's 12 degrees!

...---...

managed a light 5K jog around the marina at Hilton Head - about 65 degrees and sunny. Absolutely beautiful day. Happy New year all.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Teresadfp

One day at a time

5.3 miles running and another 2.0 miles walking with my friend. Total for year: 1064.5 miles. I'll add 17% next year to make it to 2000K!!!! Happy New Year, everyone!!!

Imminent Catastrophe

5 today on the treadmill, making a grand total for 2008 of...821.1 miles! What's that in kilometers? Don't care but it certainly isn't 2000! Please don't vote me off this island, you guys are cool! Ah well, happy new year everyone and here's to a successful and injury-free '09!

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Dog-Love

Unless I can get on a treadmill...no more running for me! Its cold and I'm tired. You guys are all great and next year I am not positive I will aim as high as 2000 K, but I'd like to keep the goal and stay with y'all. Happy New Year everyone

Imminent Catastrophe

Well, Crabby, you're in the farthest-west time zone, so I guess that's it for our little group in 2008. It's been fun, even though some of us didn't meet the goal. I hope you all will stick around regardless of your goals or expectations for 2009.

...---...

Same here - I've really enjoyed this group...got me through some tough issues an saw me through my first marathon. I'd like to be back here for 09 and look forward to seeing you all in the new year, Got in 6.2 today - looking forward to meeting the 2000K goal next year.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12