2000Km-1243 mile club

Mileage Check in week of 3 March (Read 268 times)

Dutchie42

It's a new month people. Let's make it a good one Big grin What are your goals?!

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

dork.major dork.

I'm headed to the gym for weightlifting tonight. Goals for the month (a little ambitious, but we'll see): -Stay steady in terms of weight, but shift body composition a bit more. -Hit 100 miles for the month -Strength train 2x every week

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

A Saucy Wench

This month my total mileage will drop a bit because I have a low week this week for a race and then we are taking a week off to go skiing later. I am hoping for 120 this month but will be happy with 100 Feeling a bit under the weather today and it was only going to be upper body work at the gym so I think I will skip it.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

...---...

Goals for March: stay healthy, complete my 1st half and enjoy the experience.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

dork.major dork.

Yay for half marathons!! I loved mine. Really need to fit another one into my calendar schedule.

Dutchie42

Warning: whining. I did not enjoy my swim class today. We had like 7 new swimmers in our little class. And not that I'm a fast swimmer. Not at all. But I just couldn't swim a lap without having to stop at least twice cause the person in front of me was soooo slow. And that happened for the entire 45 minutes. The only upside: I had to freestyle so slowly, that I could do 6 strokes before having to breath. I usually feel great after my swim, but today I just feel annoyed cause it's like I haven't worked out. Wasn't out of breath once. Was cold most of the time too. Angry

Dutchie

Dutchie42

Ah yes, my goals for March: 1) stick to my training schedule. 2) stay away from cookies. they're evil. I'm sure there's a conspiracy with the bathroom scale and the chocolate easter eggs. Evil, I tell you. 3) run 200K this month. Think that's enough?

Dutchie

...---...

With such a nice day, Hobbes and I did an easy run in a local park close by. I would liked to have gone farther or longer but Hobbes insisted on inspecting the river conditions. My car smells like a wet river dog right now. At least Hobbes hasn't discovered the delights of mud fields yet. Wife and I are going to a wine-fest this weekend in Hilton Head. I hope to get in a nice long run early Saturday morning which will NOT be on a beach! Cheers

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

...Wife and I are going to a wine-fest this weekend in Hilton Head. ... Cheers
                    Mmmmm...wine. Nothing today. I felt pretty good after the 13.3 yesterday. The comeback continues. My goal for March is, ING Georgia on the 30th. Signed up for the half, and I'm hoping to feel well enough to switch to the full at the expo. I have a friend coming from India to run the full and I'd like to pace him (he's 75 yrs old and holds age-group records for India, but nowadays he runs pretty slow). I ran with him in India last year and it was one of my most memorable races.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

Ran 9.6K with both doggies this morning. Lots of doggie breaks in the first 1000 meters. Walked up the first bridge, but ran the 2nd and 3rd bridge. No walkbreaks, except for doggie business. It was great. Barely any wind. L-achilles was really bothering me. Don't know what happened Sunday, but it doesn't feel good!! I've stretched it a lot since Sunday.

Dutchie

I run for Fried Chicken!

Was hoping to run tonight but I've been really tired lately, just feel worn down. Maybe I should try sleeping before 1am every night.. March is going to be tough. So much stuff going on.. Going up to SF this weekend with the wife and some friends, leaving on Thursday. So not much running going on this week. I have relatives and friends visiting from all over towards the middle to end of the month as well so I'm not sure how much time I'll have to run. Good thing daylight savings is this weekend, gives me less of an excuse to go run outside. Goals: I'm hoping to keep my 100mi a month average up.

...---...

Going up to SF this weekend with the wife and some friends, leaving on Thursday.
                          you should try to run the bridge Also, if you find yourself around the haight ashbury area, check out the Magnolia Pub (they brew their own) and some pretty good food - the bangers and mash are fantastic! I think the chef makes the sausage for the bangers...also served with a delicious sauerkraut. Magnolia is on the corner of haight and masonic.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

A Saucy Wench

sick crud

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

dork.major dork.

Ennay -- Sorry you're sick! Dutchie -- Bummer about the swim class Good goals everyone! Let's keep it up. Yum to wine. I wish I could have a glass right now, but I have a paper to write in Spanish, so I need all brain cells and awake hours available. Did 1.25 miles to warm up for weights yesterday, and 5.9 tonight in the DOWNPOUR (which was *totally* fun) and I would like to report that as of right now I'm ahead of moonjockey (and I wish them well and have no idea who they are). Yippee! It's like passing my own personal pacebunny.

Imminent Catastrophe

you should try to run the bridge
                                Second that. Running the bridge is priceless. I used to listen to Grateful Dead tunes on the bridge (that San Francisco theme, ya know), what a memory. If it's a weekend, prepare to dodge herds of tourists, but it's still worth it.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016