2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check in 5 - 11 Oct (Read 454 times)

drPhibes: you think you can run the race?

Oh, I'm running it.  It may not be as pleasant as I was hoping for, but I'm running it.  Didn't work this hard (and spent the money on registration, airfare and hotel) not to run.  I will say that I've learned some discretion and will not be playing in tonight's softball game.

BTW, traditionally a metric marathon is 26.2K.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

...---...

Hey thanks everyone for the kind words. I'm still pretty sore and am going to take it easy for now.

Brian - I had a friend that went out to play tennis the week before his first marathon. Running shoes don't make good court shoes. He turned his ankle and had to watch the race from the streets. Hope you recover!! Sounds like you'll make it though. Best of luck, you've trained hard, now go kick some ass.

Jeff - My trip up your way next week has been cancelled. Hope to catch up with you again one day.

Trey

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Brian - Just another result of tapering in my opinion.  Being in awesome shape+ I am bored = I think I'm superman.  Last year I decided to go dirt biking the day before my marathon since I wasn't running.  I proceeded to do a heel click superman jump (unintentionally), became seperated from the bike and landed on my butt from about 10 feet in the air.  I ran the marathon like I had just gotten a bicillin shot.

Trey - I'm sure we will cross paths again soon.  You still have a couple months to qualify for Boston Smile.

...---...

You still have a couple months to qualify for Boston Smile.

ha ha ha - maybe next year.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

I can't remember if any of you all are from DC but I am going to be there for a week at the end of October...wanna run????

I ran more than 6 today and what a difference 24 hours makes in Juneau.  Sunny and sort of warm actually.  Trails were pretty muddy but had a good run.

Good luck on that marathon Brian.

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

...---...

Had a massage yesterday. Helped with the soreness but still, I'm not quite there. Dis a walk with Hobbes, Daisy, and DW which should help even more.

Hope to run a few miles this weekend if not before. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

4.4 on the treadmill today, I'm still a bit gunshy about the ankle.

Then I got the "Final race instructions" email from MDI and I was psyched. Just reading the race info got my pulse up! I've tried for 3 years to do this one, looks like I will finally make it. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dog-Love

That's great Perfessor...I love that psyched up feeling before a big race.  I am thinking hard about what next year will bring. I am thinking another marathon but am not quite sure

Today I hit the TM for some intervals...400, 200, 800, 400, 200, 400...am I supposed to be more organized?  I felt pretty darn good though.  3 miles all totaled.

trey...love that doggie avatar. Kind of missed Hobbes?  Or Daisy?

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                  Dutchie42

Surprisingly smooth and easy,but slow 8.8K run. Spooky was having lots of fun sprinting thru rain puddles

Don't think I'll be running any marathons for the next 3 years, unless I get myself bionic legs and become twice as fast as I am now I will be able to do it

But who knows, maybe once I settled into a routine of running, working, chores, kids and studying I find it will be possible after all?

Dutchie
                    Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

trey...love that doggie avatar. Kind of missed Hobbes?  Or Daisy?

Yeah, that's classic Hobbes - he's a class clown around here. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

Lots of short runs this week and today I am going to go to a nooner yoga class if I can break away.   My daughter was up late last night wiht a major fever and a serious need to share my bed.  Hate to see her so sick.   Two classes to teach and a meeting and I hope she is feeling OK to hang by herself today. 
                        Dutchie42

Great 7K easy run, despite the rain and clouds.

Tomorrow I'll do anything between 12-16K for a long run. We'll see how it goes with the new shoes. Still haven't figured out how to lace the left one properly. How about it Crabby, what's your long run gonna be?

Dutchie
                          Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dog-Love

OK Dutchie...I will head out tomorrow for a 16K run...I have a good loop from my house.   Probably the first time I leave my dog Rusty at home.  Sad but anything over 5 is just too much for the old lab.

I was very disappointed with my race today.  I had been looking forward to this one for a long time.  I pretty much only race one 5K a year and it's my hometown race.  I never had a good feeling about the race today.   First thing this morning it was 75F and muggy.  At race time the crowd control was terrible and several little kids were right at the front of the start line.  The guy staging the race tried his best to convince them they were in the wrong place but they wouldn't budge.  I tried to just stay patient and just pick around them, but 50 yards into the race at the first corner everybody bunched up and there was a pile up caused by me tangling my feet with a 10 year old kid.  I felt so bad Sad.  I tried to catch him as he went down but he still hit pretty hard.  I lost a good 10 seconds during that so that just compounded what was already shaping up to be a tough race.

I ended up with a 20:15 which wasn't even close to what I felt like I could run.  I was 8th overall and 2nd for over 40.  On the bright side I would have had to be over a minute faster to finish first over 40 and there is no way I could have done that, so I probably finished the same as if I would have PR'd.

I found the kid I tripped after the race and he was really cool about the whole incident.  I decided that it wasn't the time for a lecture about racing etiquite and just said I was sorry for tripping him.  He ended up with a nice road rash on one knee but still managed to finish in about 30:00. 

...---...

I thought about running today but ended up dozing on the sofa to college football games.

Maybe tomorrow. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12