2000Km-1243 mile club

November (Read 13 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

I just saw this:

http://www.tahoed200.com

yes, that's a 200 mile run, around Lake Tahoe. 100 hour cutoff. Hmmmm, am I THAT crazy?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

Noooooh, much as you love Tahoe .... 200  miles!!!  You might not enjoy the trip! Guess it depends on what you want out of the endeavor....

After further pondering...you MUST do it!!!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

It's a "Yes" from me

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

HappyFeat

I'm going to do a 5K Turkey Trot this Saturday to see how fast I can go.  Wish I felt more optimistic, but my legs are tired the last few days. Not sure if I should do any kind of tempo run tonight or not. Maybe a "fast finish" type of workout? tonight or tomorrow? No frickin idea. Anyone willing to offer advice?

I'm going to do a 5K Turkey Trot this Saturday to see how fast I can go.  Wish I felt more optimistic, but my legs are tired the last few days. Not sure if I should do any kind of tempo run tonight or not. Maybe a "fast finish" type of workout? tonight or tomorrow? No frickin idea. Anyone willing to offer advice?

Just try running :-)  Although in saying that I cant help doing a fast finish in most of my "just running" runs

Plus tired legs is probably a hangover from your marathon still, take it easy for a bit.

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

HappyFeat

Plus tired legs is probably a hangover from your marathon still, take it easy for a bit.

Hmmm. Hadn't thought of that. My legs feel pretty well recovered, but perhaps every time I go out like last Saturday and run a strenuous 2.5 hour trail run, maybe they kind of "relapse."   It was a great run though and my second time back out on the trails since last April.

Imminent Catastrophe

Hmmm. Hadn't thought of that. My legs feel pretty well recovered, but perhaps every time I go out like last Saturday and run a strenuous 2.5 hour trail run, maybe they kind of "relapse."   It was a great run though and my second time back out on the trails since last April.

I agree with Puke, you will have some lingering recovery time, your legs will feel OK until they are stressed, then you'll feel it. Just ease back into it.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

HappyFeat

Thanks guys! Good info.

Guess I'll really be in Recovery Mode next week then because I really want to give the 5K this Saturday my best effort. If it's not as good as I expect, I can blame my "marathon fatigued legs."

There are more holiday 5 and 10Ks around here in the past year or so than ever previously. So this will be the time to do my goal short races. Right now I'm staring down one 5K Turkey Trot (for PR), one 10K Turkey Trot (for fun or ???), one Reindeer Run 10K (for PR), and one New Year's Day 10K (for fun).

Given that, I think next year I should not do a Fall marathon, but instead pick a Spring or Summer one....except the ones I'd want to do are in the Fall probably. A DILEMMA!!!

Imminent Catastrophe

"Given that, I think next year I should not do a Fall marathon, but instead pick a Spring or Summer one....except the ones I'd want to do are in the Fall probably. A DILEMMA!!!"

Do both. Duh.

HappyFeat

"Given that, I think next year I should not do a Fall marathon, but instead pick a Spring or Summer one....except the ones I'd want to do are in the Fall probably. A DILEMMA!!!"

Do both. Duh.

But then I'll be in the same boat as now - trying to run a fast 5 or 10K with tired legs.

We don't have many short races here at other times of the year.

Ha ha enablers...

I've been away for a bit, taking care of  a load of office work - one more project off to the building department in early December and then I should have a more relaxed schedule through spring,

No photos today it's super foggy, off for a short run!

Happy Saturday, A

Recalculating...

HappyFeat

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Here's a link to a short clip of Wilson Kipsang you might enjoy.

http://player.vimeo.com/video/78639793

HappyFeat

Ran a Turkey Trot 5K and achieved a new PR of 26:56.  I'm pleased of course (happy to finally kick that old PR to the curb!), but feel I could have run better.  Seems like this is my usual response. I always feel I'm still short of my potential....keeps me motivated, I guess.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Here's a link to a short clip of Wilson Kipsang you might enjoy.

http://player.vimeo.com/video/78639793

Great video!  Such determination with a lovely soft smile.

Recalculating...

Ran a Turkey Trot 5K and achieved a new PR of 26:56.  I'm pleased of course (happy to finally kick that old PR to the curb!), but feel I could have run better.  Seems like this is my usual response. I always feel I'm still short of my potential....keeps me motivated, I guess.

Hey, I'll take that PR...that's in the 8 m/m , mine is still in the 9 m/m - so there!

Im drinking the morning tea before a super cold run, 20*F may be my lower limit. I'll use my mantra "coffee... Coffee ...coffee"

Have a happy Saturday, A

Recalculating...