2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check In Sept 14 - 20 (Read 371 times)

Dog-Love

Yay...I have never been the 1st to start this thread!

I ran a nice and easy 5K trail with Rusty letting him swim whenever he wanted.  Its a beautiful day in Juneau today.  My muscles are  very sore.

MTA:  where the heck is everyone?

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Congrats on the thread starting PR Crabby!

I'm still slacking after my race last weekend.  Just doing some easy runs and some barefooting.  I have to rest up for my trail run with Trey today.

Imminent Catastrophe

I'm here, just lurking mostly while my ankle heals. It's going to take awhile, I'm going to get a massage and maybe start some elliptical. I don't want to lose too much conditioning as my next race is in 4 1/2 weeks.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Gig - Where you at now?  You get sick again?  You might want to think about taking some vitamin C or something Smile

Russ - Sorry to hear about the ankle.  You have made me jealous again with the cool runs that you manage to find.  That looks like a beautiful route.

A 4 mile recovery run.  Legs are pretty shredded, but did fine once I got going (slowly).  Was supposed to do 5, but decided I'd go a different route, but it wasn't as long as I thought.  Don't know about you, but I find it really hard to run past the finish to get the extra mile.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Gig

I'm not sick; just freelancing. I've was working nearly every waking hour for about two weeks. I think I may have gotten some running in while sleeping, but I didn't wear my Garmin so I guess I can't count it. I'm mostly done with the job now, so hopefully I'll get back in the groove.
              Dutchie42

I seem to be stumbling from one injury to the next this year. Now that the hip is much better, my lower calf, ofcourse on the left leg, is being really bothersome. I cut my run short last Friday, took three days off from running and did a lot of foam rolling.

It seemed better today so I did a 5K run on the TM after work assuming that would be a better time to run than 5AM. At least after work I've been walking around the office all day so muscle and tendon should be sort of warmed up right. It did feel better than last week, but I'm still worried about my 10 mile race this Sunday. I've given up on the idea of a PR, but still hoping to finish in 1h45.

I have neglected my training log. Better find my Polar and catch up.

Dutchie
                Run the day, or the day runs you.

5.2 miles of trail running with Trey.  It was awesome actually meeting somebody from the board.  Now I have a face to put with the name. 

It was great meeting you Trey, hopefully we can run together again.

...---...

Great meeting and running with you too Jeff. You're my first RA IRL contact. Thanks for the the company.

So yeah, for me Tuesday, Jeff and I did a little better than 5 miles at Sandy Bottom Nature Park. 2/3 was probably small pebble/gravel dirt road and 1/3 woodland single track. 

We ran about a 9:15 pace. For me that's practically tempo. For Jeff, that's practically a walk.  Good luck training for your 50K!

Russ - Jeff and I also decided we should be your fly buddies so we can follow you around the country to run all these awesome marathons with the great scenery. 

Traveling Wednesday so no running.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Russ - Jeff and I also decided we should be your fly buddies so we can follow you around the country to run all these awesome marathons with the great scenery. 

Cool! come on up to MDI next month! 

Just did 20 minutes on the elliptical yesterday. The ankle can handle that, I just hate the thought of taking a couple weeks off right now since I'm in pretty good condition.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

5.3 miles at mid day - I need to put in some miles this weekend if I intend to run another marathon in 2 weeks. Hope everyone is having a good week.

Trey

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Feel better, Prof!

A week and a day before my first big one...

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

...---...

A week and a day before my first big one...

Best of luck. You'll do great. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

I have had a pretty good week and am not feeling so stiff after last weekends all night race.  Mostly nice and easy trail runs with Rusty and JJ but yesterday I ran a speedier trail with friends.  Today I am going to a Yoga class for some much needed stretching and next week I am going to try to run a fast 10 K for the second to last Juneau race of the season.
                              Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Best of luck. You'll do great. 

Thanks, man.  Good luck prepping for 10/4!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus