2000Km-1243 mile club

July 2014 (Read 12 times)

How did I miss this?? A whole pie for every person? Wow! Wonderful!

Yes, it is a sight to see an arborist take down a big tree. We recently had two large trees removed because they were too close to the house, leaning, and of an age that it was a risk to leave them. It was a sad day, but the tree dismantling was amazing to watch. We ended up giving most of the wood to a local charity that sells it as firewood to raise money for their kids camp.  We still have a few years worth of firewood left. DH took some pics. I'll try to post.  One shows a bald eagle perched in the branches the day they came to take down the tree. Guess he was saying goodby, but we'd never seen him in that tree before; so it was odd.

Good for you for hanging in there on your LR. Just goes to show the longer the run, the more chance it will get better.

first we say good bye

then the man cuts the branches off

They lowered these trees down in sections using a crane.

Cool photos.  Nice eagle.  Basically identical setup for our arborist, but the trees weren't that big.  For the branches he just attached a rope to them before cutting them off.  I provided the counterweight at the end of the rope to slow the descent.  Had to trust he wasn't putting to much weight on the other end :-)

And yes....free pie for every runner/walker. It was held in the middle of blueberry season

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

Happy - lovely tall trees around your home. And yes I am tired from the uptick in mileage - Im a little sad that a 20 mile week is kicking my behind...hoping to gradually get back to a regular 30 mile week now that work/ life is a bit smoother.

Anyhoo, usually feels great while Im doing it (morning runner) and then I get really tired in the late afternoon. Today I ran 7x800 at 10K pace with rests - incredibly slowly compared to Puke!  Feeling good now, but I may need a pre- dinner nap. Spin class tomorrow.

Russ - congrats on the race and qualifying for Western States!

Puke - glad you had a good long run. Mine was pretty good too.

Happy Tuesday, A

Recalculating...