2000Km-1243 mile club

Mileage check-in week 28 January (Read 296 times)

Dutchie42

Yesterday was a 45 minute swim class. We did the Cooper test with breast stroke: 475 meters in 12 minutes. I have no idea if that's fast or not. According to my son Mike: that's not too bad for an "older swimmer" mom. I throttled him! Total was 775 meters, mostly breast stroke. Today was an 8.4K run with both dogs. Spike took off fast from the start, but after about 15 minutes he slowed down. He wasn't in the mood for a continuous run anymore. His little legs seemed OK and I checked his paws twice to see if something was wrong. Didn't see anything, but it was dark and maybe my head light wasn't enough, cause when I got home and checked again, there was a little bloodied hair inbetween his toes. He must've stepped on something sharp. Poor thing. Spooky apparently thought we were going too slow, cause she pulled and pulled. I run her with a gentle leader, so I'm always amazed she's still able to pull. So how did you guys start the week? ETA: typo's

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

BaldMike

I took a day of rest Monday, ran 6.4 miles this morning in a nice easy fashion. Will try and return to weight lifting tonight after work, since I don't have any races now until March.
      PR 10k - 47: 41 in 2007, goal to break 45 minuntes in 2008 PR 13.1 - 1:44:19 PR 26.2 - 4:24 in 2007, goal to break 3:45 in March 2008 Upcoming races: March 2008 - ING GA Marathon July 2008 - Peachtree Road Race And hopefully the Marine Corps Marathon in October 2008.

A Saucy Wench

was a slug yesterday - school got cancelled and I just went in to veg mode with the kiddos 4.35 in slush and high winds today. Very very slow, felt like about 10:15 effort, but 11:30 reality until we hit the track where it was all snow. That was better.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Marquess of Utopia

Yesterday was 50 degrees and sunny, I wish I would have had time to do a long run. Today it's in the teens with falling temps; The rest of the week will remain below 32. Is anyone else sick of the cold?

A Saucy Wench

I am!...I dont own yak trax or anything like that because in an average year we get maybe ONE snowy or icy day and we have had so freaking many this year, and when it isnt snowing it has been MUCH colder than usual. I only have one pair of cold weather pants and one pair of cool weather pants and this is getting very old. I think I am going to order a pair of yak trax now to ensure that this ice will come to an end! Plus if I dont get to take dd to school tomorrow I am going to go banananananananas

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

BaldMike

I am soooooooo tired of the cold. As my name says, I have zero hair and fight constantly to stay warm.
              PR 10k - 47: 41 in 2007, goal to break 45 minuntes in 2008 PR 13.1 - 1:44:19 PR 26.2 - 4:24 in 2007, goal to break 3:45 in March 2008 Upcoming races: March 2008 - ING GA Marathon July 2008 - Peachtree Road Race And hopefully the Marine Corps Marathon in October 2008.

Imminent Catastrophe

Dutchie, I always enjoy hearing the exploits of Spike and Spooky. Daisy and Jojo can relate. I just had to relate this story about our doggie Laika (click for the back story on her name). She just loved to run, like most dogs, and was always out front. One day MaryAnn was running with her near our home when Laika suddenly collapsed and tumbled into the drainage ditch by the road. MaryAnn ran back and soon Laika sprung up, shook it off, and continued running, looking back like, "c'mon, lets go!" . MaryAnn rushed her to the vet, who said that her heartbeat sounded like "a washing machine full of sneakers" in her words--it was cardiomyopathy. So for Laika that run was like, "hey, it was just a little cardiac arrest, let's run!" Laika's brave little heart finally gave out for good a couple of weeks later. Never underestimate the spirit of a dog.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

A Saucy Wench

6.68 slush filled miles...better than yesterday though

I run for Fried Chicken!

Ran 5 yesterday. Lower mileage this week for me. I'm running a half marathon on Sunday so it's a taper week. I still haven't decided if I should race the half or run it with my slower friend. I think I would have a lot more fun running it with my slower friend and I don't feel like I've trained enough to race it the way I would like to.
                    Dutchie42

Overslept this morning, so did the run after work. Was supposed to do 13K easy, but since I was going to run on the TM, I decided on intervals, cause that's not boring to do. Besides, I prefer intervals on the TM. Put Intervals 12 (spinning music) in the stereo and ran: 6 min warm up, then 90 seconds of speed (10-10.5-11-111.5-12K/h) and 3 min recoveries. Haven't done any real intervals in 8 weeks or so and I lost speed. Before, my top speed was 13K/h. Then again, I usually run before work. Maybe all the stairs I walked all day are a factor? After 43 minutes, the cd was finished and I continued with a cover cd of Queen (steady beat of 140bpm) for 10 minutes at 10K/h. Then slowed down to 9.5K per hour. In the end I ran a total of 11K in 69:37 minutes. Perfesser: that's so sad about Laika. Do you take Daisy and Jojo on all your runs? My first cat was called Jojo. He died long ago.

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

Perfesser: that's so sad about Laika. Do you take Daisy and Jojo on all your runs? My first cat was called Jojo. He died long ago.
                        Most of the time. Sometimes it's too hot or too cold here, or if I'm going long (>6 mi) they stay home and really don't like it at all. Jojo is a nickname, her real name is Georgia.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

dork.major dork.

Hey all. I've been struggling with a stomach flu-like thing. Tried to run yesterday made it four miles and then my whole stomach cramped in total rebellion Dead. Taking today and tomorrow off -- hopefully the body will have hit the reset button by Saturday. I was hoping to log at least 20 this week, but I don't think it's going to happen. Undecided

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Dutchie42

60min swim training today. Total 900 meters. I still have problems with my breathing when doing freestyle. I did so well before Xmas. AaronC: what do you think will be yor finish time? Imogene: sorry to hear your feeling sick. Hope you feel better soon.

Dutchie

A Saucy Wench

3.18 pathetic pathetic miles today. I've had a morning cough for a bit over a week, but this morning I just had one of those "CANT RUN" days. Only reason I went as far as I did is I had gone out with a friend and by the time I realized I was NOT going to warm-up I was too far from home to walk back...I dressed for running. Imogene - sorry you arent feeling well Aaron - how much slower? A little slower is fun, a lot slower hurts me.

BaldMike

I went out for a 8.5 mile tempo run today, got my 1.5 mile warm up in, got the 6 mile tempo run in, was to exhausted to do the mile cool down. I am still trying to recover from my half marathon on Sunday and I am feeling it. I have a 18 mile long on Sunday and I hope I am better rested by then. Sounds like several of us are feeling tired or under the weather.