2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in 8-14 Feb (Read 461 times)

Dutchie42

Hi guys,

Brian: thanks for letting us know about Trey. Glad to hear nothing serious is going on. Though not running is pretty serious. Not checking in with us is even more serious

Started the week on Monday with a 45 min UB w/o and 30 min of LB. Legs felt soooo much better after that. Then added on a 10min ab w/o to finish the job.

Goal of the month is to get at least 3 ab workouts in a week and not skip them because I run out of time. So, what's your goal of the month?

New week people, let's make it a good one!

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Brian: thanks for letting us know about Trey. Glad to hear nothing serious is going on. Though not running is pretty serious. Not checking in with us is even more serious

Actually, it was Jeff that made contact with Trey.  Thanks for reaching out Jeff.  I too am glad to hear he's at least still alive.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Just a dude.

This week is a busy week for me.  Typically my longer days are Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday.

Last night I didn't start running till 8:30pm, and just kinda felt blah about the whole thing.  I actually ran so slow for part of it that my legs started hurting... I picked it up about 1/2 to 2/3rds of the way through, and I felt much better...

Wednesday I won't run till 9pm probably...

Friday, at about 9:30pm I bet, I'll have to run my long run of the week (12ish) as Saturday I have stuff with the kids.  I'd do it Sunday, but it would screw up my next week.

I'm hoping to get the same mileage out of this week that I got out of last one.  I'm not real excited about running so much in the dark, and my legs have been kinda stiff and tired. 

My goal this week is to get the miles in and hope my legs get accustomed to the distance...  I guess my secondary goal will be to get real comfortable wearing my headlamp... :-/

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Dutchie42

Actually, it was Jeff that made contact with Trey.  Thanks for reaching out Jeff.  I too am glad to hear he's at least still alive.

Oops. sorry... senior moment there, confusing people with one another 

Dutchie

HappyFeat

Oops. sorry... senior moment there, confusing people with one another 

*&!#*!! Me too! I'm sooo sorry..I'm the one who started us off on the wrong foot here.

Jeff, thanks so much for getting in touch with Trey and putting our minds at ease.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

I really wanted to run outside today, it was just beautiful!  Unfortunately by the time I got out of work I was losing the light already and I don't have a fancy headlight like Kelly.  I managed to knock out 6 on the TM instead before boredom got the better of me.

I don't mind being confused with Brian, I wish I was ready for a 19 PR.

5 miles this morning, 6 yesterday - weather is lookin' good for 12 miler this Saturday - I haven't done one since last summer?

Tea with lentil soup for breakfast!

Happy Wednesday, A

MTA: Passed the bunny! (for now)

Recalculating...

Dutchie42

Nothing to report from me. Been having bad headaches for the last 2 days. Better now then on the weekend when I'm running my first ever relay race....

I'll go out for a run later today. They say it will be 7C today. And sunny.

Dutchie

Just a dude.

Well, ended up with some extra time tonite, so I ran my long run for the week...

It was dark... clear skies, no moon... I was in a little 20 foot bubble with my headlamp...  I ran a course I hadn't been on for like 2 years... I got turned around a bit compared to how I planned it, and ended up being a bit long.  I tacked on a bit more at the end just to make sure I was over a half marathon... 

Got done and put in the course... 13.7 miles... and I felt pretty good... I was strong at the finish and could have done more...

Lately my chin has been really cold when I run... To the point of getting numb...  It was about 0C today for me... Might have to figure out something for that...  I keep hoping warmer weather is here tho... 

Gratz on passing the bunny Ayola!

-Kelly

Imminent Catastrophe

this will be a very low week for me, I'll be lucky to get in even 10 miles, due to my work schedule. I hope to make it up next week, though.

I'm going to need to do some night running soon. The GUTS does night group runs at Kennesaw Mountain, maybe I'll join them. Gotta get a headlamp first.

MTA: Well, I found out I could register for the Tahoe Rim Trail Run (I was on the wait list) but I've already registered for Devil Mountain that weekend. I really want to do this next year.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

I'm just running 4-milers this week in an attempt to regroup. So far I think it's working. Each night feels somewhat easier. Planning on running 6 on Saturday.

Whoops behind the bunny again - I hope to pass permanently this weekend.

Cool thing, I was running behind a guy in a baggy sweatsuit kinda at the same pace. All of a sudden he hurdles a giant (waist high) garbage can with ease, guess he's on the track team!

4 mile - not quite a tempo run - yesterday afternoon. Mostly 10:30-11 m/m except for the monster hill coming out of the park. That will have to suffuce for speed work this week as I am TI RED. Legs feel like blocks this morning and my toes are achy...

Enough complaining - its Friday - my client seems to like me - going to a jazz concert tonight!

Happy Friday, feel better Dutchie

A

Recalculating...

HappyFeat

Headache for the last two days - hard to convince myself to go running right now. Probably somehow related to all the crap I've been eating at work lately. (Somebody brought in Just Desserts Brownies --OMG heavenly!)  Must remind myself the last time I had a headache like this, running made it BETTER. OK, here I go.

MTA: Good news is: had a great run, fastest all week, head didn't hurt while running

Bad news: now it does

Dutchie42

Happy Feat: I've been getting headaches once a month for a few days. Which, according to my doc, is hormonal (I'm at that age). And I just have to live with it.

Ayola: thanks. giant garbage can? I can't even hop my fence Whenever I get close to the bunny, I suddenly miss a few runs for some reason or other. I think I'm sabotaging myself.

Anyways, I'm packing my bag cause I'm about to hop in my car for my 1st ever relay race. It's a 21 kilometer loop that we have to run 3 times. I'm wondering how fast I'm supposed to run those 1 kilometer legs? As fast as I can then have about an 8 minute rest to recover and continue? Or go faster than my easy pace (but not all out) and speed up later in the race? Never ran as a member of a team. Wish me luck.

Dutchie

Just a dude.

Good Luck Dutchie!

Actually kinda sounds like fun... is it a big 21k loop? So do you run 1k, then hop in a car and ride for 8 minutes, then run again? If so... that sounds hard...

-Kelly