2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in for week 12/1 - 12/7 (Read 268 times)

...---...

Slightly rainy, but satisfying 5K last night. Perfesser - yeah you slacker. BTW, how many marathons did you do this year?

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

3. My hoped-for January in AL won't happen. Maybe Rock 'n Roll Phoenix HM. Confused Anyway, nice 8.1 in Portland today, 1.5 miles of urban blight to get to the Willamette Greenway along the river. Nice. Cold.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

With two uneventful but enjoyable runs on the TM this week already, it was time to venture outside again. Absolutely gorgeous morning, crispy, barely any wind, a rainbow, and two very obedient doggies. What else do you need for a great run? Doggies loved it. Unfortunately I think Spike brought home half the mudfield. Gosh that doggie is muddy. Foot was fine, till I finished the run and walked home. The outside of my R-foot wasn't painful, but there was this uncomfortable feeling there. Guess it's back to the TM tomorrow. Or not? Perfesser: three marathons? And you didn't make it to the 2000K finish?

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

Brisk 5K in Brevard, NC this AM - 24 deg F at start. Did pretty well. I didn't think I had really run all that hard/fast but was within 30 sec of my PR. Crazy thing is, the PR was set at sea level this past summer. Today's race was ~2500 feet above sea level in the mountains and frigid. Whatever, I like it. I think I prefer a little more of a chill when running. MTA: spelling

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Perfesser: three marathons? And you didn't make it to the 2000K finish?
            Guilty. I don't recommend it. I've had issues all year that limited my training and I didn't do enough mileage preparing for those races (except Dubai in January) and took a long break with very little running after each race so my total is pretty low. But these races were ones I didn't want to miss so I took them easy and I'm glad I did them. After '07, it was kind of a letdown and hopefully 2009 will go better. Still, I can't complain. Smile

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I enjoyed a nice 4-mile run in 31-degree temps and light snow. Afterwards, my family went to pick out and cut down a tree on a tree farm that I run by occasionally (3 miles from our house). A nice day! 13 miles to go to 1000 miles. 2000K next year!

...---...

6 miles and christmas tree lights

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

4 on the treadmill but no problems so it was all good. Except--to keep my HR in the aerobic zone takes, like, 11-minute miles. Man, I feel slow.... Tongue

I run for Fried Chicken!

Hey Perfesser, was looking at your log an it looks like you've been unicycling. How long have you been riding? What size wheel do you ride? I used to ride myself until my unicycle got stolen, I've been thinking about picking up another one. I miss riding mine.

Imminent Catastrophe

Aaron, I got it a couple of months ago and have been trying to learn. I've since realized that it's impossible very hard! After 15 hours training I can sometimes get 50-75 feet at a stretch now, flailing all the way. I hope to get good enough to use it as cross-training someday. It's a beginner 20" model. You're right, it's a lot of fun and a great feeling when I make progress. And humbling when I UPD. Clowning around

I run for Fried Chicken!

Aaron, I got it a couple of months ago and have been trying to learn. I've since realized that it's impossible very hard! After 15 hours training I can sometimes get 50-75 feet at a stretch now, flailing all the way. I hope to get good enough to use it as cross-training someday. It's a beginner 20" model. You're right, it's a lot of fun and a great feeling when I make progress. And humbling when I UPD. Clowning around
                        Just have to keep at it. It took me about 2 solid weeks of going out almost every night to learn how to ride it in a straight line. I easily put in 20 hours before I could consistently ride and turn without falling. Then it really starts to get fun, then you get to learn how to idle, hop, start doing some freestyle tricks. Also, I would recommend some wrist guards if you don't already have them. I almost broke my wrists on one of my UPD and this was after I had been riding for a while. Wasn't doing anything particularly difficult or spectacular, just wasn't paying attention and went flying and landed on my wrists.

Imminent Catastrophe

Yeah, I'm sure glad I was wearing a helmet the other day...fell UPD'ed backward and whacked my head good on the railing. It rang my bell, even with the helmet. Would have been a concussion for sure without it. I have some wrist guards but they're really hard to get used to.