2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly mileage check in week of 31 March (Read 264 times)

Dutchie42

Recovery run today: 3.5K. Tripped over Spike who didn't like me running faster than he wanted to go I think. My butt tightened up immediately and my left knee was very upset. Butt's ok now, but L-knee still not happy. ETA: first time ever I ran 250K+ in a month Big grin

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

Oh and a 13K bike commute. Hmm, yes according to the RA map feature, it's only 6.5K one way to work, not 7.5K. Arla: are you feeling any better today? I hate it how being sick can throw you off the running routine and the bunny catches up. Imogene: no more snow where you live then? Ennay: you are doing so great!

Dutchie

Ringmaster

Hey, all. Have I told you that you are the best doggie owners out there? Imogene, I have some nagging knee pain and I wonder too if I should take it easy, rest it all together, or pop some Motrin and keep running. I guess I should ask a doc . . . Three days off at the end of last week (yikes!) but 7 today to finish the month off at 112.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
        Mile by Mile

dork.major dork.

Nicely monthly mileage Vixidu & Dutchie! Nicely done! Snow is pretty much done in Boston. Spring really feels like she's on her way today. So exciting. Waiting to get released by boss. Hoping to get 4 in today with lots of leg stretching... to convince the calves they don't want to cramp. I also need to make a podiatry appt. that is my April Resolution, new year's be damned.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Imogene, I'm jealous! If you want to see more snow, just drive a couple of hours north! It's snowing right now. There was a newspaper article that said the XC ski places inland are still open and have more snow than they can remember ever having this time of year. We can't park our car on the street because it's still too narrow with the snow banks. But who cares - I will be in Texas 8 days from now! My mom said the bluebonnets are beautiful this year. Maybe I won't come back...

Imminent Catastrophe

Hey, all. Have I told you that you are the best doggie owners out there?
              <== daisy="" disagrees.="" she="" thinks="" i'm="" mean="" because="" i="" don't="" take="" her=""></==>every day. ING Georgia Half Marathon on Sunday. Paced a 75-year-old friend who ran the full marathon up until the courses split at mile 7. It was good to run a race after two months.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

A Saucy Wench

Thanks Dutchie! You too! I am proud of all of us. OF course everytime I read your posts I have to do mental math. (250 K is...divide by ..wait...yeah... Tongue) I used to be an engineer before I became a stay at home mom, so why do I feel like talking barbie "Math is hard"? Blush Did my first intentional double today...well I've done the first half of it. I have been running 6-7 on tuesdays and tonight my HTC relay team runs start and we only run 4-4.5 so I decided to do just enough in the morning to get woken up to go about my day. Did 2.7 this morning Then of course, the first sunny day in ages so decided to run errands on foot pushing the kiddos in the stroller--I am out of stroller shape, it is totally different muscles. Still have my hilly trail run tonight! Perfesser....Sounds like fun

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

A Saucy Wench

OK...just got back from my hilly trail run. I think I did it faster than I ever did last year. Hard to say. My GPS doesnt work there and I just use the stopwatch. This time I paused it when the team paused. There are a couple spots we wait for everyone to catch up...the first year I ran that meant they were waiting for ME so everyone else got to rest and I just had to keep going and going. ANyway, cant remember if last year I bothered pausing or not.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I run for Fried Chicken!

Wasn't going to run tonight but I made myself go after dinner. So a late night 6.5mi run at the gym. I felt great after though. My left hamstring has been really tight lately and I'm not sure why. I ran some pretty quick(for me at least) runs this weekend and I'm wondering if that contributed to it.

dork.major dork.

Did 5.5 yesterday down by the river, we were trying to hold it to a god-fearing 8:30 min/mile pace, but ended up with more like 8:15s. This one running buddy and I always speed each other up unless we have a third to pace us... oh well. My legs are still tight, but they weren't in pain last night. So I'll keep stretching and massaging and hope it works itself out. Teresa, I'm so glad you get to escape the winter, my mother is stuck in Northern Vermont and really will be for the duration. Ennay, that sounds like a fun trail run and progress for sure regardless of whether you paused your watch last year.

...---...

well that was rough. turns out i had developed bacterial pneumonia and not only missed my HM but had my first ever IV and hospitalization. coughing is getting better everyday and energy level is coming back. doc said i could try a light run this weekend but to stay close to home. missed you all!

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Oh my gosh Trey, that must've been awful. And so scary for the wife. (I'm assuming that you we're so out of it that you just wanted to feel better.) And so sorry that you missed your half mary. Glad to hear doc's letting you run a little this weekend. Take it real easy though! Today's run, more like walk, was so miserable I quit after only 12 minutes. I biked to work. And back. As soon as I stepped of the bike I felt dizzy and like my legs could't carry me. Need food, I thought. So ate a bit. Then when I felt better went out for my run. To feel dizzy and weak again. Bagged the run and went home. Barely made 1.5K total. Walked more so haven't even logged it. I know I usually run early mornings, but this is ridiculous. I'll do better tomorrow.

Dutchie

dork.major dork.

Dutchie -- Sorry you felt weird during your runs, I hate when our bodies go ssdfsidf on us without any real explanation. Trey -- Glad you're on the mend, buddy! Take it easy this weekend, and welcome back.

A Saucy Wench

Welcome back trey! Nice run imogene! I always end up going faster than I mean to if I try to go faster than easy...if that makes any sense 6.3 this am. cold cold cold

Imminent Catastrophe

well that was rough. turns out i had developed bacterial pneumonia and not only missed my HM but had my first ever IV and hospitalization. coughing is getting better everyday and energy level is coming back. doc said i could try a light run this weekend but to stay close to home. missed you all!
                                Some people will do anything to get out of a race! Wink But seriously, sorry to hear about that and glad you're OK, we were about to send Spike, Spook, Daisy and Jojo to search for you. Or Hobbes, anyway. You probably heard, but it was cold, windy and misting at the start. I had a minor upper respiratory infection and it was worse after. So, now that you're in shape for a HM, do you have a backup plan? Raleigh Rocks HM April 5, Charlotte HM April 12 and Charlottesville HM on April 19. Just sayin'.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016