2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly mileage check-in week of 14 April (Read 235 times)

A Saucy Wench

dang you are fast! Cut my run short this morning...just wasnt feeling it.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Teresadfp

One day at a time

How are the bluebonnets this year?
      That was the only disappointment of the trip - we headed out to Fredericksburg and did the Willow City Loop, but saw very few bluebonnets. The few patches we saw were bright and pretty, but there were very few! Someone posted that they were a lot better east of Austin, but we didn't make it out that way. We did stop at the Wildflower Farm, and they had a gorgeous field of bluebonnets, so at least my running partner got an idea of how amazing they can be. It was also interesting to see red and white "bluebonnets!" I need to find out what they're called. The farm had a wonderful butterfly exhibit, too, and I got some great photos with my new camera.

dork.major dork.

I got some great photos with my new camera.
        Digital?? Postable?? Smile

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Dutchie42

Got a run in! First 10min the L-knee really hurt. Then it gradually got better and I finished the run without pain. Hope it's still pain free in the morning. Have an appointment with the PT for my hip tomorrow. I'll discuss it with her. Gorgeous day. Ran in short sleeved tee and winter tights Wink Glad to be running again. VixiDu: stop chasing me! Big grin

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

C-R

Good you're back on the road Dutchie. Got a 6 miler in for lunch -> 20 so far this week. That bunny is nipping on my heels but my 15 this saturday should keep him off his stride.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

...---...

got in a nice little 5K yesterday and will do about the same today. DUtchie: so glad to hear your run went better than expected. Of course, we'll be expecting a detailed race report soon Big grin

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

5.6 today with Daisy. So-so. Tomorrow is the Chickamauga Chase 15k, I've done it three years in a row. It's a beautiful race in Chickamauga National Military Park. Rain is forecast Tongue

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Teresadfp

One day at a time

4.2 miles today for my running partner and me. I think we brought the Texas weather back to Maine!! Really beautiful. It's 66 degrees right now. As always, we're going straight from winter to summer here. There was a LONG, gradual hill on our route that took us about 13 minutes to finish. Afterward our run, we did our Y class - lots of pushups, ball work, etc. I'm pooped! I need 4.6 miles tomorrow to make 32 miles for the week. Have a great weekend! Teresa
                  Dutchie42

Went to see my PT. Told him up front: there's a problem with my L-knee but I am NOT cancelling the marathon! I haven't been training thru all kinds of bad weather to back down now. The bad news: one of the big tendons near my L-patella is very 'irritated". What you might call tendonitis in some form I think. There's fluid build up. The good news: The fluid build up is not in the joint itself. And I have been smart not running Mon, Tue, Wed. PT thinks I can run the marathon but I'll have to have PT appointments a couple of times a week till race day and no hard runs. He's not sure I can do the 36K I want to do next week. We'll just have to see. 24 days till race day! Fingers crossed everyone.

Dutchie

A Saucy Wench

Dutchie...You'll be fine Smile Training between now and the marathon is mostly for your sanity, fitness is there. Work on healing and PT and you'll rock the marathon!

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I run for Fried Chicken!

Good luck with the knee Dutchie. I'm back from Paris. Went for a nice run yesterday, first run in over 2 weeks and it felt really good. I need to catch back up with the bunny.
                        Dutchie42

Doggies had fun. Let Spike do his sniff&dig thing. It wasn't too cold so I was patient. I wore my CW-x stabilix tights that give support to the knee. I 'knew' I had a L-knee, if you know what I mean. Other than that, knee was fine during and after running. Come on Aaron. Tell us more about Paris. Where'd you go, what did you see. Managed to get a run in in one of the many parks in Paris?

Dutchie

A Saucy Wench

8.5 through the bleeping snow. Remember what I said last week - summer was last weekend , now its winter again. Angry There is a reason I live in a temperate zone, if I wanted snow until April I would move to Minnesota - oh wait, its in the mid 50's in MN today. Dutchie - glad your knee is hanging in there!

Teresadfp

One day at a time

4.1 miles today, with my 10-year-old daughter! What fun, to have her chattering away the whole time. It was a distance PR for her, and she did great. 57 degrees and sunny! (sorry, Ennay)

Imminent Catastrophe

Chickamauga Chase 15k. The rain ended just before the start and it was a beautiful run through the monuments and dogwoods. I had a vague goal of 8:30 pace, somewhat optimistic considering my lack of training, and ran 1:18:50, @8:28 pace Cool without really killing myself. Its a really well done race and a good time. One guy there has run all 40 of the runs!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016