2000Km-1243 mile club

Mileage check-in for week of 14 January (Read 353 times)

Dutchie42

Noone done any running and start this weeks check-in? I'm having a hard time getting my butt in gear. No running so far, no swimming either. Have probably a dozen excuses like had to catch up on my study (not that I did any), had to make phone calls, had a very stressful day and a bad headache because of it, was awake at 2AM and wasn't back asleep by 5AM and wayyyyy to tired, had to get groceries after work. Need more? How about you guys? If you didn't run, want to hear your excuses. Maybe I can use them in the future Wink

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

dork.major dork.

Hey everyone, Monday was a snow day -- work was cancelled and I took the opportunity to spend most of the day in bed. It was amaazing. Yesterday I woke up early and ran 3.5ish miles. It felt kinda crappy, but they are miles that are done, and that counts for something. Today, I ran a quick 6 with a coworker, she is a serious competitive athlete, and it was fun to have someone to push against, though running isn't her main activity right now. Heading out of town this weekend, but hope to do some running while I'm away. Still not getting cross-training in the way I should be. Oh well.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

jdmcgregor

All business

I took the first week of Jan. off in order to allow that pace bunny a bit of a head start (and some rest time for me). Got back into it last weekend with a couple of middle distance runs, and now i'm trying to get the weekly mileage up while simultaneously not freezing to death.

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

I plan to do about 29 miles this week.... today (wednesday) was a day off. I'll run Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Less than 7 weeks before my first 1/2 mary. Jason

Think Whirled Peas

I plan to do about 29 miles this week.... today (wednesday) was a day off. I'll run Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Less than 7 weeks before my first 1/2 mary. Jason
            Good luck Jason!!!! Enjoy it!!! And be sure to post back how it went.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

I run for Fried Chicken!

I didn't leave work till after 8pm on Monday and if I didn't get a drink and something to eat, I was going to kill someone. It's been stressful at work to say the least. I had friends in town yesterday so I didn't have time to run. BUT! I'm about to head off to the gym right now to go run 6-7.

...---...

I haven't been able tolog much at all this week - a business trip to Cleveland had me snowed around pretty good for outside running (hotel treadmills has a que) and then I get back home very late last night thinking I'll get in a good run first thing this morning...except now there's 5" of snow, sleet, ice everywhere. sigh Maybe tomorrow....perhaps, just perhaps, later today.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

BaldMike

Sounds like we are all about in the same boat. I had "life" get in the way of my run yesterday too. I think it was God's way of telling me I needed a day of rest since I have a 20 mile run this Sunday. That's what I am telling myself at least. Smile I did get in 7.17 miles of Tempo run today, We had about an inch of snow here in Hotlanta last night. Pretty colld to take my 4.5 year old daughter out in the snow for the first time in her life. She just kept saying, its getting in my eyes daddy.
                  PR 10k - 47: 41 in 2007, goal to break 45 minuntes in 2008 PR 13.1 - 1:44:19 PR 26.2 - 4:24 in 2007, goal to break 3:45 in March 2008 Upcoming races: March 2008 - ING GA Marathon July 2008 - Peachtree Road Race And hopefully the Marine Corps Marathon in October 2008.
                  Dutchie42

Imogene: you get to stay home when it snows?! That must have been a lot of snow? jdmcgregor: ah, I like that, give the bunny a head start LOL probably what I'll be doing all year round Big grin Jason: is it your first 1/2 mary? How do you divide your mileage over those 3 days? Aaron: so how many miles did you put in, really? Trey: love to have a bit of snow here. We don't get much, ever. Saturday it's gonna be 11C they say. Freakin' warm weather for January. BaldMike: when's they half mary? Me: I had my first swim training of 2008. Hadn't done any swimming for 4 weeks cause all the pools were closed. Man I was in trouble. My breathing was all off: holding my breath instead of breathing out kind of thing. Coach had me do a lot of arm drills and leg drills. My legs feel like jello right now.

Dutchie

Jason: is it your first 1/2 mary? How do you divide your mileage over those 3 days?
                      March 2, 2008 will be my first 1/2. My only other race is a 10 k back in October. I had 2 runs completed when I made the post. I'm running 5 days this week. Monday - 4.17 miles Tuesday - 5.29 miles Wednesday - REST Thursday - 3.85 miles Friday - 4.17 miles Saturday - 11.4 miles Sunday - REST Total - 28.88 miles

...---...

I was able to get out this afternoon during a break in the rainy/icy precip this afternoon. Felt good, 4 miles, easy run. First snow run ever which was pretty cool, not much traffic. Although the roads were clear...wet but...clear. Some slush on the sidewalks but easily passable.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

BaldMike

Dutchie, My half marathon is January 27th, so Sunday a week from now. I am pumped and ready I think. I did my first half marathon in October 2006 and ran a 2:13:12, this year I went back and ran it again and ran a 1:49. I don't think I can see the same time drop in only 3 months this time, but I think I can realistically try for under 1:45. I am hoping at least and telling myself that I can. I am using that Positive Mental Attitude!!!! I used to be a life guard and I remember training for the mile long life guard test, I would feel just beat after swim practice. Even after running the marathon this spring, I jumped in the pool this summer and did some laps to see what it would feel like and after two laps I was breathing hard. Swimming is awesome and it takes a lot of work to get good! Keep up the work!
                          PR 10k - 47: 41 in 2007, goal to break 45 minuntes in 2008 PR 13.1 - 1:44:19 PR 26.2 - 4:24 in 2007, goal to break 3:45 in March 2008 Upcoming races: March 2008 - ING GA Marathon July 2008 - Peachtree Road Race And hopefully the Marine Corps Marathon in October 2008.
                          Dutchie42

Took the car to the garage for the annual check. It needs a new battery and breaks something... Then ran back home with Spooky (left Spike at home). We did about 9.61K. Nice run.

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

Standard Chartered Dubai Marathon, UAE. 26.2 miles uh, 42.2 km. Nice fast, flat course, great weather, saw Heile Gebresselasie who came within 25 seconds of breaking his own world record and a $1 million bonus. Back under 4 hours, so it was a good day. Now, rest. MTA: I really hated that 26 km sign. Tease!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I run for Fried Chicken!

Aaron: so how many miles did you put in, really?
                                I ended up doing 7 on Wednesday and 6 yesterday. I'm taking today off plus I have family obligations tonight so don't really have time. My plan is to do 10 tomorrow (Saturday) and another 4-5 on Sunday. So my total should be around 27-28 for the week.