2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in for week 12/1 - 12/7 (Read 268 times)

Dutchie42

Goooood morning guys and girls, New month! Enjoy it! Busy morning for me already. Did 30min of UB strength (pyramid style), followed by a 3K (test)run on the TM. First run on the TM since late March. Wasn't looking forward to it, but totally enjoyed myself. Kids complained that I was singing along LOL. Time for them to get up anyway. R-foot seems OK. Ofcourse, it was only 3K. Finished with a 20min LB strength w/o. In between I did two laundry loads. I'm probably the only runner in the world who does laundry between working out Big grin Have a lovely Monday and a most excellent run.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

Rest Day. Perfesser - get any snow yet?

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Rest Day. Perfesser - get any snow yet?
        Just got back from a trip and, we have flurries, but it's not sticking. Still having the back problems but with the miracle of Aleve it's getting better. And I guess it's giving my leg more recovery time too. Yay. Undecided

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

light little 5K on Tuesday. Still a little tight in lower back. IT band hasn't been bothering me...much...knock on wood. Looking forward to a Christmas 5K soon - I won't run it hard but am ready to get out for a shorter distance. Maybe this weekend. MTA - Gig how's the recovery going? Dutchie - what about the lurking creep at the corner?

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Trey: I've been leaving work an hour earlier for the past two days. It's much busier on the bikepaths and the creep isn't there. If there's anything I need to finish for work, I'll do it from home. Better be save, right? The men having back problems? How come? I did a 45min of UB strength training. Followed by an amazing run on the TM. I'd planned 30min in all. Increasing time running to see how my R-foot would hold up. Started off with 15min@9K/h with the same Xmas cd I played Monday. Time flew by! Honestly. Then did 10min@9.5K. Would I dare run 10K/h? Ofcourse! So did 5min@10K. That was the 30min I had planned, but I needed a cool down and my R-foot was fine. Why not run another 5min@9.5K. After that decided on 5min@9.0K to finish the run. Total of 40min and 6.2K. But by then I was running in sync with the music. How could I stop now?! Next song, I was still in sync with the music. So I kept on going. Third song again my feet pounded the tread right along with the beat. Perfect running. All the way to the end of the cd: 48min precisely, according to the TM. 47:48 according to the cd. And 7.4K in all (says the TM). BTW, I logged it as a tempo run. Should I log it differently? R-foot is absolutely fine. Anyone dare to guess what's going on with that foot of mine? Anyways, finished with 20min of LB strength training: lunges, (plie)squats, deadlifts and calf raises. Managed a really short standing stretch before sprinting thru the shower cause these guys were coming to deliver und hang shutters in my kitchen in 15 minutes.

Dutchie

Gig

Tonight I'll run for the first time in a week. Three or four miles, then karate class, then ice. Then, another four or five tomorrow. The calf still hurts sometimes, but not really bad. I think for it to get better at this point, I've got to use it a little. By this time next week, I hope to be at full strength. I also started an upper body program--the 100 push ups program--last night. I started at week 3 according to the instructions. (You start with a fiitness test, and determine where you are. I did mine over the weekend, and managed to do 30 pushups. I kinda wish I hadn't done so well; last night's workout was TOUGH!) There's a RA group for the program, and there's a website. PS--thanks for asking. Smile

Imminent Catastrophe

I managed two miles on the dreadmill, still some pain on my left footfall, and radiating down to my hip, but it's getting slowly better.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

...---...

Running going pretty well this week and resembles more "regular" mileage. Hamstring stretches and leg-cross-over standing stretches seem to have really helped the lower back tightness and further improved outer knee/IT related annoyances. Preparing for ING Georgia now.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Well, I'm going to make 1000 miles this year, but that's about it. I'm psyching myself to hit it really hard on January 1st to get to 2000K next year. There's a 10K Resolution Run (NOT a race) on New Year's Day that I'm planning on doing. Maybe I can get ahead of the bunny from the start! Smile
                    Dutchie42

I won't even make a 1000 miles, but I'll probably end up running approx. 650K more than I did in 2007. So I'm proud of me anyway Clowning around But next year, I'll make it to the 2000K with Teresa.

Dutchie

...---...

Me either - not 1000 miles. Oh well. There's always something: life, injuries, work, illness...glad to be running though. Cheers

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Sheesh, I'm the slacker of the group, I may not even make 800. Miles, that is.

I run for Fried Chicken!

Don't think I'll catch the bunny this year. I was doing so well and was on pace for 1300 miles this year and then the injury set me back and then a lot of other things came up. I think I might still hit 1200 which was my original goal, average 100 miles a month. I was pretty bummed about not catching the bunny for a while but I've gotten over it and I think it was a decent first full year of running.
                            Dutchie42

Everyone congrats for running a full year despite injuries, work, life etc. Big grin

Dutchie

Dutchie42

Happy Sinterklaas everyone, Will celebrate with friends tonight. My boys have outgrown it ofcourse, but my friend has a little girl and they didn't mind going there. Wish I new how to put a pic in. But here's a link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas Did 30 min UB endurance strength this morning. My muscles were feeling rather tired... And 25 min of LB enduance strength training. Plus abs. My obliques were a little sore since I did Yee's AM yoga twists section yesterday. Guess it means I should do it more often.

Dutchie