2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in 15 - 21 Feb (Read 503 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Had an easy running week, but in less than 3 hours will be cycling on the bike trainer for 2 -- to raise money for the Lance Armstrong Foundation as part of the Ultimate Cycle Challenge.  Our team is covering an entire 24 hours in random legs.  My butt is gonna be pissed at me! Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Good on you for the 200th mile Kelly... I'm two weeks behind you!

10 miles today - it was very early spring like - windy and muddy, but I find the wind is warmer, there are tiny patches of green grass and there are birds chirping away in the morning.

Yesterday, short miles (2.75) on the treadmill at lunch - tomorrow I'll try 4+ to round out my first 30 mile week this year! I'm looking forrward to many more!

Happy saturday!

A

Recalculating...

First nice weekend of the year.  I mean gorgeous: clear, started at 32 and going to finish in the mid-50s. Even warmer tomorrow.  And I'm barely running.  Grrrr. All those miles in freezing, snowy, rainy weather... 

Even so, had a very easy 8 for my long run.  Then manned a water stop for a group run.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Just a dude.

Thanks Ayola, but I am sure you are way ahead of me.  That's my 200th mile period... not this year... Wink

Today I ran with the group... They had this course that goes up this hill that is just crazy.  Something like 1000 feet of elevation gain in less than 2 miles, on a sandy trail.  I walked 80% of it... The other side was just as steep... I couldn't really run down, it was so steep and sandy. 

The planned course had them go about 2 miles flat, then back over the hill again.  I decided that going over that hill was not my best plan, so instead I ran around the hill...

Still ended up with about 9 miles... but I ran the first 4.5 in 67, the second in 47... 

But... that puts me at 30 miles for the week for the first time...  Nothing amazing, but I'm building up ok...

Tomorrow I'll run an easy 2 just to loosen my legs up...

People are trying to talk me into a 5k next Saturday... Not sure I am ready to be racing... We'll see...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Just a dude.

Oooh, happy day... I just noticed that I am ahead of the pace bunny for the first time...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

HappyFeat

10-mile long run today went alright. Hams tightened up and hips hurt that last mile or so; but no apparent lasting ill effects. I'm sitting on a large ice pack while I type It's gorgeous weather here. Can't believe we had 6 inches of snow this date last year.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

I won't be able to run tomorrow so did my long run today. Felt great until the very end when I started having all the signs of a migraine that put me out for the rest of the day.  Horrible!

Happy I got my miles in though. Tomo!rrow's weather is supposed to be fantastic

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Dog-Love

Well it was a good week.  Think I passed the 1000 mile bunny and my running is feeling more consistent with 9 minute miles feeling pretty good.  Think I will get a couple of 30 mile wees in and then increase a bit.

Nice job on 200 miles Kelly

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

It is awesome to see so many out on the roads and so many miles being run.  I have this dream of pushing the bunny to the second page (technically the bottom of the first page, but you know what I mean).  With all the work being done, I'm starting to think that may be possible. 

Switching subjects: does anyone have contact with Trey in RL (real-life)?  He hasn't logged anything in quite awhile and just wonder how he's doing.  Jeff didn't you two run together once or twice?

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Imminent Catastrophe

A decent week, I managed 27 miles without any major problems.

I was wondering about Trey too. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I bumped up my long run to 9.5 miles today.  It was not perfect by any means, but I had really given up hope of being this far along so quickly.  I will not be in top condition for Boston, but I will be there!

I do have Trey's cell number, if we don't hear from him soon I will have to give him a call.

Imminent Catastrophe

I do have Trey's cell number, if we don't hear from him soon I will have to give him a call.

You should post his number here, then we can all call him. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016