2000Km-1243 mile club

It was a dark and stormy night... (Read 403 times)

...---...

Hi group. Remember me? First, thanks to Heffa for calling and getting my butt in gear...and also for some great injury  recovery tips that have helped. It's been a tough winter and spring but the clouds are parting and I'm FINALLY able to run consistently again. Yes, there's still some issues with my lower back and upper glute area but nothing like it was.

Secondly, I'd like to thank my "new" employer for keeping me on planes constantly and on the road which has made getting back into a groove, ahem, a bit...challenging!  I may need to chat with Perfesser to find out how he does it. Clearly, late dinners with clients and early morning flights have not been the best for getting back into shape. 

So here's the short of it: After Goofy, I had all kinds of issues. Groin, thigh, upper glute, lower back...it all hurt. My groin/ab area had been the worst up until Jeff, er, I mean Heffa and I talked. I'm still working on that running technique but the plank stuff and core have key I think. 

So, I hauled in a not-so-bad 12 miler this past weekend and for the first time in 3 1/2 months, have been able to get in over 20 miles for the week. At this point, I've had to pull out of 3 ultras with a 4th coming up which isn't gonna happen but hopefully I'll be ready for San Francisco in July. At least that's the plan. As soon as Garmin connect starts working again, I hope to update my running log...which isn't spectacular...but it's not empty either. 

I still have 2 of my main goals up for grabs: run a sub 4 hr marathon (translation = 3:59:59) and complete a 50 miler. If all goes well, and there's no reason to think it won't, I'm gonna give these 2 a shot between now and Oct 30.  

I've thought about you all many times and yes, I've missed chatting. Look forward to hearing from you and catching up on everyone's awesome progress. 

Best - Trey

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Hi group. Remember me?

Hmmmm, doesn't ring a bell. But that dog looks familiar, I'm sure I've seen him before.

Welcome back. Now don't ever do that again.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Great to hear from you Trey!  I'm so glad everything is getting back on track for you.
        HappyFeat

Trey!!  Welcome back!  You've been missed

I'm with the Perfesser on that: "Don't ever do that again!"

Glad your running is getting back on track.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Dog-Love

Well welcome back and good luck with those injuries!  You are inspiring me to start training again for SF. I have been super lazy about this effort.
            Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
              So glad to have you back Trey

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

...---...

Yes sir, yes ma'am - won't do that again. 

Crabby - I'm counting on you for SF. 

Brian - Jeff told me you're really tearing it up. Nice.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Hey Trey,

Great to see you again You were missed.

My log isn't empty either, but I do have some really fat bars.

Keep in touch, injury or no injury.

Dutchie

Dutchie
                  Run the day, or the day runs you.

Imminent Catastrophe

Maybe I'll show up at Chattooga River and say I'm you.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

...---...

Maybe I'll show up at Chattooga River and say I'm you.

Just run me a good time Wink 

Actually, I've already told Terri that I've got to pull out of Chattooga (bummer, really looking forward to this one) - the field was full and I wanted someone to have enough time to plan for taking my spot. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

Now I guess I am accountable for showing up to SF.  Dang.  I bought my tickets already but was thinking I would tour the beer and sourdough factories.

I have got to get my mileage up but today I am traveling to Prince Edward Island via Portland OR (1 night) and Boston (1 night) then driving up.  Must get out and run!

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

...---...

Crabby - sweet. The 4:30 pace group leader will again be Rajeev Patel. Such a pleasure to run with.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Just run me a good time Wink 

Actually, I've already told Terri that I've got to pull out of Chattooga (bummer, really looking forward to this one) - the field was full and I wanted someone to have enough time to plan for taking my spot. 

Thanks for that. Depending on how my marathon goes next weekend I may email Terri and see if I can get in.