2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in 16 Feb - 22 Feb (Read 461 times)

Dutchie42

Nobody started the new thread yet? Anyways, did a 75 min run yesterday (11.45K). Sweet! And eh, Guess what I accomplished at work? Healthier food choices at the company restaurant! We're getting a salad bar, cookies and chocolate bars will only be available from the vending machines on the floors and fried foods will be 20-50 cents more expensive to ensure salads, fruits and other healthy food choices will be available at cost price. Woohoo!

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

A big fat salad sound pretty good about now, Dutchie. I wish the Coho salmon would go on sale again. Just finished up a 10K run. Feeling strong again, finally.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Plumber here all day so I couldn't go out. Gah.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

theyapper

On the road again...

Nice 40 minute tempo progression today. Seems that no matter how hard I try, i can't quite catch that pink bunny. Perhaps over the week-end when I do my long run. Undecided

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

...---...

Ah crap! The Twisted Ankle 1/2 marathon is ALREADY closed. Well, I was warned. Also for your evening entertainment: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/58f70a30c7/running-track-from-bigtrain

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

...---...

I think this race is my fate...and not too far away either: http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=6839504

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Ah crap! The Twisted Ankle 1/2 marathon is ALREADY closed. Well, I was warned.
                But you can still run the Marathon. What's the problem? Evil grin

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Dutchie42

I agree! Evil grin 10K treadmill run (64:27 minutes). Increased speed after only 23 minutes. I'm trying to get faster without having to do intervals. You think simply running faster on the TM will help me do that?

Dutchie
                  Run the day, or the day runs you.

Jill_B

I fly.

I agree! Evil grin 10K treadmill run (64:27 minutes). Increased speed after only 23 minutes. I'm trying to get faster without having to do intervals. You think simply running faster on the TM will help me do that?
                    I have no scientific evidence to back it up, but yes, I think it will. Maybe not as quickly as intervals, but running fast should help you run fast. IMO.

Bring it on.

...---...

HA! I've seen the elevation chart..............Big grin I would die a horrible and slow death. I would be found on a rock, a withered pile of skin, where the moss had begun to take me. I'll get in a 4 or 5 miler today, weather permitting.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

HA! I've seen the elevation chart..............Big grin I would die a horrible and slow death. I would be found on a rock, a withered pile of skin, where the moss had begun to take me.
                        But...you would be famous! Big grin

...---...

But...you would be famous! Big grin
                          If you or Dutchie run it with me, I'll do it. No miles yesterday. The weather told me to go out for dinner w/wife and drink Founders Red Rye Ale instead. Call me crazy, but I just reserved air, hotel, and registered for the San Francisco marathon in July. It's ON!

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

AnneCA

I'm on a streak! LOL, not really, but I've done thre days in a row. Does that count? I missed Monday (travelling), and not sure what's going to happen this weekend as DH and I may be doing a race on Sunday. It would be a 5k for me -- a local running club has 4th Sunday races every month, 5k/10k/15k loops at a local park, and the February race is a couples relay 5k each. DH only runs a couple of days a week, but he's game for a 5k. It might be raining, though, which would be fine for me, but would be a drag to keep the kids out in. So we'll see. At any rate, I don't intend to race, *race* it, but just treat it as a regular run, and then probably jog the 3 miles home. WTG on the SF sign-up Trey! I'm going to enter the NYC lottery, and if that falls through, then I'll do SF for sure. But I don't think I want to take them both on.

Imminent Catastrophe

Call me crazy, but I just reserved air, hotel, and registered for the San Francisco marathon in July. It's ON!
                              OK, you're crazy. Seriously, it's really a great memory, especially running across the bridge. 6.6 today in Phoenix on a bike trail. I love the Sonoran Desert. Even got a little trail run in. Weather--perfect, 70°, light winds, clear.

I run for Fried Chicken!

Did a tempo/threshold run last night and it hurt so good! I had a huge lunch of Italian food with all this garlic in it and I felt sorry for all the people on the treadmills around me. I'm also contemplating getting a Garmin 305 or 405. I was leaning towards the 405 but the more I read about it, I'm not sure it's worth almost double the price of the 305.