2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check in 28 Dec - 3 Jan (Read 352 times)

I'm on the right

Hi Everyone!  I think 2000km will be my ambitious goal for the year, so I've joined the group.  Started off today with a solid run.  I think the attempt will be a lot of fun if I can keep consistently running.

I'm Eric, the guy who runs to keep his sanity.

Dog-Love

Dang, right out of the gate and Crabby is ALREADY ahead of me. 

Hey Trey...barely a start...this is a marathon year for me so I hope to keep ahead of the bunny and run with you for a part of the way before you are out of sight!

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

Easy New Years' Day run, 2 miles on the treadmill then 1-1/4 hilly but really scenic run in VFFs. Unfortunately the treadmill run was not nice. I could see my reflection in the window and was noticeably unbalanced, my head dips noticeably when my left foot hits but not my right, and the right leg was not happy. Then I had a nice short run up a hill with a great view. But now my leg is really bothering me. This same thing happened last year and it took a good 6-8 weeks to get over it. With that, and the long base-building time, it looks like the bunny will get a big lead on me in the next few weeks while I put in time on the elliptical and bike (shudder).

I've pulled out of my next two races and the UltraTerri races I'd hoped for are in jeopardy. 

Oh well, that's the way it goes. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

drPhibes: congrats on your PR What a way to start the new year!

Trey: Crabby's ahead of me too. Heck, the bunny is ahead of me Again...

Eric-Allan: welcome to the group! 2000km is ambitious for me every year.

Perfesser: take care of that leg. Better slow down a little now and let that leg get better.

Teresa: good to see ye

Its icy outside, so I'll be on the TM. We've entered a big freeze overhere. The kind of normal Dutch weather for this time of year. Unfortunately, we had snow again the last couple of days that melted some making it impossible to run outside (for me, I don't like danger).

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

First did UB. Big mistake. I felt totally exhausted when I was finished. Lack of carbs and too much bad foods I guess  Decided on lunch and a nap first.

I had no running mojo after I woke up, but I had to get this 1st run of the year in!! So hopped on the TM:

2km@9.0K, struggling through it with 4 walk breaks
            1km@9.5K, not struggling so much anymore with only 1 walk break
            1km@9.5K, feeling good!
            1km@10K, woohoo I was flyin'
            1km@10.5K, huh, what?! impossible!!
            500 meters@11K, oh my gosh.....

Woohoo, feel unbelievably happy and energised now Wink))

Dutchie

...---...

Easy 6.5 miles to the beach on Hilton Head Island. Cold breezy run but not a cloud in the sky.

Goofy - T minus 7 days. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

Will be a cold one this morning...12 degrees and a bit of wind.  Crisp and beautiful though!  Aiming for 4 again before I head down to Seattle.

Good luck in Orlando Trey...lots of people that's for sure.  Want pictures of the medals.  I did the half 4 years ago and was blown away by the number of people.  My daughter loves the medal though and when she was 10 thought it was made of solid gold.

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

I'm on the right

Will be a cold one this morning...12 degrees and a bit of wind.  Crisp and beautiful though!  Aiming for 4 again before I head down to Seattle.

I just went out for my coldest run of the year......in Atlanta it was all the way down to 30F.

Runner67 - Good luck at Disney.  I really like that marathon - it was my first one a few years ago.  As sad as it is, that first race is still my PR.  Although with the Goofy, I'm guessing you aren't going for PRs!

Dog-Love

30 is cold when you are used to 80 and humid.  14 is cold no matter what.  But I absolutely melt in the heat.  Got my run in with my dh who is just starting to run and although slower is enjoying the feeling that running brings.

In Seattle now and time to go out walking

Dutchie42

6.5K doggie run with Spike&Spooky, followed by another 10K "long run" with Spooky only. Ha, I'm ahead of the bunny for once. I'm even in the top 3. Probably won't last for more than a few minutes

Absolutely magical run this morning. It was sunny, -3 with a windchill of -6, fresh snow, and the sun made it look like someone sprayed a kazillion little diamonds along my path. Beautiful!! The yaktraks were perfect for the circumstances. But it was a tough run nonetheless. But so incredibly unique. For me.. for us Dutch... I've never seen a Winter like this. Except when I lived in Germany.

Dutchie

Welcome Eric - you're already ahead of the bunny,

Great run on the first in Point Pleasant Park (5.7miles) - tons of walkers out watching the waves break - it was a windy day. I'm really thankful to have this vista available to me here - its really helped in the transition to a new place.

Yesterday, major snow, so it was upstairs to the gym for me, a nice neighbor was using the treadmill so I did 40 minutes in the elliptical. We had a date night - tromped through a foot of slush to see Avatar and had red wine and pizza at our new favorite place.

I've just had my tea - so I'm off to the YMCA for 3 miles, weight training, sauna and cafe americano!

Back to work tomorrow, I think I've repaired my husband (yearly cold and sinus infection) and slept enough to recover from the holiday rush.

A

Hi Teresa!

Recalculating...

...---...

Thanks all. I'm still scratching my head, wondering why I signed up for Goofy.

-

You're absolutely right, Eric, I have absolutely no PR expectations. My neighbor/running buddy is running the marathon with me. We'll both carry point-and-shot cameras for the many photo ops along the way...so our finish times may be appallingly slow. But who cares. Running for me these days is all about the journey. 

-

Russ, hang in there. If it's any consolation (although I know it's not) , my hip/upper thigh and adjoining ab area is starting to feel like it did when I had to sit out for 6 weeks last March. In general, I'm just stiff as a cheap pork chop these days. It's the cold. All we can do it work it out, I guess. I'm confident that I'll see you at the Ultra-Terri 24 hour event. Besides, I don't want to be the only Maniac there ;-)

Have a great week all. 

Trey

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

I'm on the right

Welcome Eric - you're already ahead of the bunny,

Thanks!  I need to build up a bit of a lead.  I start my residency in Pathology in July so I expect my # of miles to decrease in the second half of the year.  Besides, it is nice to see the bunny in the rear view! 

I'm on the right

Thanks all. I'm still scratching my head, wondering why I signed up for Goofy.

You signed up for goofy because give out cool medals, of course!  Seriously....I want one at some point. 

Dog-Love

Well ran over 6.5 in Seattle on te Waterfront and did not see SRLopez aound.  After running in th ecold this 40 degree weather was darn toasty.  Off for coffee and a walk!

Dutchie we are neck and neck