2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in 3/9-3/15 (Read 377 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Silver Comet 10k. A good race in lousy weather--40°, rain, wind. Brrrrr. It was OK until I stopped, then almost got hypothermia waiting for the darned slow shuttle bus back to the start. The hot chili from Ted's Montana Grill at the start helped a lot, yum! Anyway, I started out at 8:30 then about halfway thru started picking up to 7:50-ish, hoping to get under 50:00. Didn't quite make it--50:40 but a good run anyway. With a little tempo work (instead of NONE like I've been doing) I should be able to make it, that would seed me in time group 1A for Peachtree which is nice when you have 52,000 runners!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

Looks like I'll hit 30 miles for the week, which is good for me. No long run so far this week though. Planned it for today, but didn't use the massage ball last night on my sore back like I was going to....once I stopped running, I didn't notice the impending spasm. Well I barely completed my 4th mile today with the right-sided back spasm sucking the life out of my right leg...stupid quadratus muscle! I'll get after it with the massage ball and stretching tonight, maybe even an ice pack...we'll see how things shape up for tomorrow.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Imminent Catastrophe

Me too-30 miles. Nice 7.8 today in Charleston, SC across the beautiful Cooper River Bridge, site of the 10k of the same name: Now I know where the Charleston runners get their hillwork, lots of runners on the bridge.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

AnneCA

Hey all -- I ended with just over 35 for the week, including my Emerald Across the Bay Race today. I posted a race report on the main Racing board. Had fun, but got rained on! Nice race, Perfesser! Happy Feat -- hope your back calms down soon.

Imminent Catastrophe

Sounds like a cool race, Anne, I've never been on the west sidewalk. That's a different route down to Crissy Field than I'm used to, maybe I'll try that next time.