2000Km-1243 mile club

Little Grand Canyon Race Report (Read 254 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Here.

It was a really nice, small race. This is just the kind of run that I love--no crowds, no fluff, just a peaceful run through beautiful country. The same club (Mammoth Marathons) does races in Idaho and Nevada, which I will look into. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dog-Love

Russ

Great report and I love the pictures, but I always get stuck in your website.  Love the video of  your doggies (running buddies) and then I spend time looking at the US map of the marathons you have run and wondering which marathons are next.  Thanks for the diversions

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

Thanks Crabby. Unfortunately, the last dog in the video (Jasmine) expired suddenly and is no longer with us. FYI Maine is next (MDI Marathon in October).

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Nice report and sounds like a great run.

Hope the ankle is OK ... and really does suck for old Jim, but does not sound like type of race/course if BQ was his priority ... hopefully he has a backup or its going to be a long winter thinking about those 12 seconds.

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

...---...

Very nice report. I always appreciate your reports because of the course description details.

MTA - and the photos are always fantastic. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

great report and wonderful photos

makes me miss my visit to Alburquerque

A

Recalculating...

Imminent Catastrophe

Very nice report. I always appreciate your reports because of the course description details.

Thanks. I always feel uncomfortable writing race reports, they seem egotistical. As if anyone cares about MY race. I hope to to make it about the race, not about me, that's one reason why I drove the route and took pictures the day before. I just figure that what I experienced along the route might help make the narrative a little more interesting. 

...---...

As if anyone cares about MY race. 

But we do. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12