2000Km-1243 mile club

Mileage check-in for week of 14 January (Read 353 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I'm at 23.0 for the week so far (M~F) so I'm pretty pleased. Weekends are always iffy for me, but if possible, I'd love to get a couple of 4-milers ain and get me above 30.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Marquess of Utopia

Currently 37.3, shooting for 45-48 depending on the weather tomorrow. I was thinking I don't belong in this group is anyone interested in becoming Administrator? I'm looking for two or three volunteers. Cool
        If you need an admin, I'll help. Just let me know.

...---...

Standard Chartered Dubai Marathon, UAE. 26.2 miles uh, 42.2 km. Nice fast, flat course, great weather, saw Heile Gebresselasie who came within 25 seconds of breaking his own world record and a $1 million bonus. Back under 4 hours, so it was a good day. Now, rest. MTA: I really hated that 26 km sign. Tease!
          Congrats. I wondered where you had been hiding. Rest up and then tell us more about the desert. I have a neighbor who really wants to do this race next year. WOuld love to hear about it and pass along the info.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

...---...

Currently 37.3, shooting for 45-48 depending on the weather tomorrow. I was thinking I don't belong in this group is anyone interested in becoming Administrator? I'm looking for two or three volunteers. Cool
            Don't go away mad. I'll put more jokes in the joke thread...bake cookies...I understand, though.Your milage is really getting up there. Good luck. If you need another set of hands, I'll gladly help out too.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

I'll put more jokes in the joke thread...bake cookies...
              LOL, love that. Today was an incredible run. Must have been the fastest run I've ever done with both dogs. Heard the wind howling around the house and the rain banging against the windows. Ventured out anyway. Spkey, my brave little dachshund, was in running mode today. He was off leash at first but as we got close to the mud field he loves so much, I put him on leash. I think he wanted revenge cause he ran at incredible speed, pulling me forward, and as I was trying to go as fast as I could so the leash wasn't taut, he ran even faster.... Spooky was just trotting along beside me. On the dike we had the wind in our back, which kind of helped me forward Big grin In the last 1500 meters I took Spike off leash again and he slowed down considerably which gave me time to recover. I just know he ran so fast to spite me. Unfortunately, I forgot my HRM when I left home, so I have no way of knowing how fast we really were. Judging by the time I left home and came back, I think it was 55 minutes. I know it was 8.4K

Dutchie
              Run the day, or the day runs you.

A Saucy Wench

Finally got a run today where I wasnt slipping on ice. w/u + 5mi hard - 6.26total Still gonna be a low mileage week for me - planning on 9 tomorrow

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Imminent Catastrophe

Congrats. I wondered where you had been hiding. Rest up and then tell us more about the desert. I have a neighbor who really wants to do this race next year. WOuld love to hear about it and pass along the info.
                  Will do, but it will be awhile. Got a looooooong flight coming up!. Briefly: Thumbs up! I even passed the bunny, but that's temporary, I'm taking some much needed down time. Watch for the temporary avatar.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

Only did 8.2K today. I was supposed to run, drop Spike of at home then continue my run with Spooky. But we had heavy rain and strong winds (45K/h) and Spike was in one of his sniff&dig moods. Plus I met someone hadn't seen in a long time while running. We chatted for about 10 minutes. All in all, by the time I had finished the loop and got home to drop Spike off, I was very wet, very cold and in no mood to do another loop with Spooky only. I thought about hopping on the treadmill but even that wasn't appealing.

Dutchie
                    Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

I suggest cookies after a day like that Dutchie. Hobbes wouldn't run yeasterday either...now after the spots of yellow snow have melted, all he wants to do is sniff too. Oh well, today I'll get out for good run...right now, it's still about 26 F (that's -3 C)...supposed to get up to about 39 F (4 C)...will wait until it's closer to the high temp. At least it's sunny.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12