2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check-In for 11/3-11/9 (Read 354 times)

Dutchie42

New week people, make it a good one! I've got the day off, so went out after my kids had gone to school. Unwilling legs in the first 3K. Lots of breaks to stretch out the calfs. Plus a potty break. Then everything loosened up and my speed increased. I initially wanted to run an 8.5K loop. Then at the beginning of my run I changed my mind and decided on running 60 minutes, as I ran almost 49 min. yesterday. Seemed to make more sense to add more time, instead of more mileage to ease my R-foot back into painfree running. But after the initial difficult 20 minutes, I changed my mind sort of again, and when I got to approx. 31:41min (4K). I simply turned round to run back, trying to run faster going back, then in the first half. Though I was faster running back (28:32min), I was disappointed it was only by 3:09min. ETA: also did a 30min LB w/o (squats, lunges, plie squats and calfs in a slow 2/6 count) plus a short stretchy Rodney Yee yoga

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

Don't forget to vote tomorrow (if applicable). Very easy 2 miles at snail pace. Went better than I thought it would. Outer knees starting feeling uncomfortable toward the end so I just called it a day, went home a stretched. Traveling this week in Iowa so maybe some TM or light outdoor jogging time on Tuesday and/or Wednesday (yes, I've already voted). Have a great week all.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

I run for Fried Chicken!

Took the whole last week off, I think my groin is better, I think I'm going to wait a couple more days. Was in New Orleans for the last few days for a wedding on Halloween. I had 11 beignets in the 2.5 days we were there, I think I put on a couple of pounds. Not to mention the alcohol and other food.

Dog-Love

Took the whole last week off, I think my groin is better, I think I'm going to wait a couple more days. Was in New Orleans for the last few days for a wedding on Halloween. I had 11 beignets in the 2.5 days we were there, I think I put on a couple of pounds. Not to mention the alcohol and other food.
          Can you even go to New Orleans and not drink? I ran a sub 9 3+ miler which always feels good for me.
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

I run for Fried Chicken!

Can you even go to New Orleans and not drink? I ran a sub 9 3+ miler which always feels good for me.
            I was quite good on this trip and never got totally drunk. I know that because I can remember all the drinks I had so that counts for something! Thursday night - Hurricane, 1 beer. Our flight landed at midnight. Friday night - Champagne, 4 gin & tonics, 1 beer. Saturday night - 2 martinis with dinner, 2 beers, 1 absinthe, 3 vodka cranberries. And the best part, 0 hang overs! Smile I was actually up pretty early the whole time I was out there. And still no running from me. I might try to run tomorrow. I'm really missing it.
            Dutchie42

hmmm, seemed to have lost my post. There's this button on my mouse, never quite figured out what it's for. For the good of my R-foot, I didn't run today (ran Sun and Mon). Which turned out to be a good thing, cause it was soooo darn foggy all day.

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

Had a nice run today, first 6-miler since September. Georgia came along as Daisy has been lame lately. The leg felt fine, crossing my fingers that it feels OK tomorrow.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Teresadfp

One day at a time

10 miles for me today. Felt OK, not great. I guess I just have to keep putting in the miles to make it easier.

Top 'O the World!

getting some "post-mary" slowish 5 milers in....still feeling like more work than it is Roll eyes
                    Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

...---...

Had a nice run today, first 6-miler since September. Georgia came along as Daisy has been lame lately. The leg felt fine, crossing my fingers that it feels OK tomorrow.
                      Awesome.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Congrats on your new president! Why am I sitting here watching the election instead of going out for a run? Better get going!

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

Congrats on your new president! Why am I sitting here watching the election instead of going out for a run? Better get going!
                          Because it's 4 a.m there? Wait until sunrise, then get going! Big grin

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

A Saucy Wench

Why am I up instead of sleeping before getting up to run in the morning? Better get going to bed!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dutchie42

Ran a very enjoyable 10.4K this morning. Foot is fine. It's distances over 11K I should probably worry about. Still slightly foggy outside. It's a real Dutch Autumn we're having here. Foggy, one day cold, next day mild temps, rainy and apparently next week stormy.

Dutchie

...---...

easy 2 miles on hotel treadmill - wanted to jog outdoors but weather wasn't good. no issues with IT bands during this run so am encouraged with progress. It's gotta be the cow face yoga stretch Big grin

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12