2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check-in 9 Feb-15 Feb (Read 321 times)

Dutchie42

Gooooood Morning peeps, it's Monday already (here anyway) Big grin Back is stiff but there's no pain at all anymore so I'm aiming for a really good (running) week. Everyone have a great week and plenty of excellent runs.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

TrailSurfer

Husband and father of 4

Likewise, have a good week. Smile It's only 9:30 pm Sunday here in California, but I am looking forward to a run tomorrow.
      Find the fun.
      Dutchie42

Well, put a run in. Figured it would be tough so planned 30 minutes. And sure enough, it started as a tough run. But after 10minutes, it got easier and easier. I just kept on going and didn't even need a break. I ran a full 60 minutes and was disappointed that I had to stop. But my L-foot was starting to feel quite uncomfortable on the outside of the foot for the last 10 minutes or so. I'm surprised that after a full week of no running it still felt easy and I actually feel like I haven't worked out yet Big grin I'll do 30minutes again tomorrow Wink ETA: some time after lunch I did Yee's AM yoga twists and backbends

Dutchie

It was in the 70's here in VA on Sunday so I took the opportunity to get in a 15 miler. It was a great run! I felt awesome the whole time. It is still supposed to be about 60 today so I'll get in another run before my work week starts tomorrow.
          AnneCA

Started off the week with 5.1 this morning, felt really good. Russ -- looks like the skies are clearing for you if you end up with time for a Bridge run -- enjoy!
            Jill_B

I fly.

Positive stuff: I got to run outside not once, not twice, but 3 times in a row! Whoa hoa! So that's a good start to the week! Of course, now the temps are dropping back to "normal" February weather, so back to the treadmill for me! Roll eyes Negative stuff: My ear is still bothering me, so I'm going to have to take it seriously (I've been having difficulty hearing out of my right ear for over a month, I took some antibiotics and they helped, but then it returned to not working all the time, not good). I'm keeping my fingers crossed that whatever I have to do to get better won't slow me down! Plain old stuff: Anyway, my plan for this week is to actually do a long run since I skipped it this weekend so that I could spend more time playing outside with my kids! Smile Have a great week everyone!

Bring it on.

Imminent Catastrophe

I finally got my GG Bridge run in, it's been several years. Yay! 12.1 miles, longer than I thought but I couldn't resist. Cool, VERY WINDY, and not a cloud in the sky (so much for the rain forecast), spectacular view of San Fran and Alcatraz across the choppy water.. Running into a 25-knot headwind on the way out. This is such a nice run, and it's part of the SF Marathon route, my first, so it's special (that's my current avatar, BTW). Thanks for the good vibes, everyone!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dog-Love

That's where I grew up and that picture with the blue sky makes me a bit ...well...seriously homesick!!! Today I XC-skied for 5 miles with my dog. He LOVED it
                  Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                  Dutchie42

This morning I did triceps/shoulders/biceps first followed by abs. L-foot felt much better, so I hopped on the TM for a 30 min run. About 20min in my L-foot started to feel uncomfortable again. Not painful but definitely noticeable. Stupid runner that I am I wanted to finish the full 30 minutes. But by then I was barely 500 meters away from 5K. I simply added the last 3 minutes. A bit after my run my L-foot really started to hurt again. Darn if I know what the problem is.

Dutchie

...---...

easy 6 miles in near 70 degree weather. I'm gonna miss this warm front when winter returns. We already have buds setting up on flowering trees...hope they don't get frost bitten. Perfesser - Awesome. Looks like I'll be out that way in several weeks...hope to follow up on your run, the bridge at least. You'll have to tell me your route.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Gig

I've been seriously slacking. My Sunday long run turned into a relatively short one--just under six. I just haven't been feeling it. I started on my iron supplements this morning, so maybe after a day or two I'll feel more uppity. Right now, I'm behind the bunny for the first time this year. I've got clothes waiting for me at work for the next two days, so hopefully I can drag my butt out of bed early enough to make the run in.

Imminent Catastrophe

easy 6 miles in near 70 degree weather. I'm gonna miss this warm front when winter returns. We already have buds setting up on flowering trees...hope they don't get frost bitten. Perfesser - Awesome. Looks like I'll be out that way in several weeks...hope to follow up on your run, the bridge at least. You'll have to tell me your route.
                          Yeah, about the warm weather, that happened here two years ago, all the trees budded out early then a frost killed all the buds and destroyed the apple crop that year. It was terrible. About my route, here it is, via Garmin Connect... http://connect.garmin.com/activity/2075043 Man, GPS is so cool. Down Van Ness to the Bay, then follow the shore. You can't miss! There's water and rest rooms at both ends of the Bridge.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

AnneCA

Did 8 this morning, after a tempo 4 and weights yesterday, and whew, am I feeling it. Tomorrow off for sure. Russ, glad you got your bridge run in, even if it was a wind battle! Trey, Russ took the hard way, by not going around Fort Mason, and then by going up onto the bridge via Crissy Field Ave -- the McDowell to Lincoln route onto the bridge is less steep, without adding much distance overall. Depends what you're looking for, though. A short burst of big hill, or a longer slow hill. Can always split the difference on your out and back, if you don't mind a steep uphill going out but aren't looking forward to a steep downhill at mile ten. Russ, I'm also curious about Garmin Connect. I still use MotionBased. Are you a paid subscriber? I wonder if I can go to Garmin Connect now on my free account . . . maybe I should just pony up for a premium account. That link you posted is very cool! Dutchie -- hope your foot is feeling better. Crabby -- do you skijore (sp?), or is the dog along for company? Gig -- hope you're feeling it again soon!

Imminent Catastrophe

Anne, Thanks for the tip on another route to the Brdge, I didn't know that. I can't quite figure that out from a map, though. I'm not paying for that site, it's on the free Garmin Connect thing. I think it limits you somewhat but you can still pull your runs up by the number (in the URL).

Gig

The run into work was a bit drudgery, but I'm glad I did it. I'll probably double up with a second run tonight. Maybe six or seven miles.