2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in for 01/05-1/11 (Read 389 times)

Dutchie42

Evening all, New week, so make it a good one! No run for me today. Knees were pretty tender and muscles around the knee felt sore this morning. Probably from all that stabilising on my icey run yesterday. They feel much better now, so I'll get a run in tomorrow Smile Have a great week.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

Rest day for me - besides getting back into work has completely sucked all of the cheerful good moodiness out of me that I gained from last week's vacation. Okay group - I want a new job. What do ya have for me?

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Okay group - I want a new job. What do ya have for me?
        Don't think you wanna move here: too wet, not everyone speaks English well enough to have a great conversation, failing justice system, doctors will not give you any medication for the flu, the Dutch have some very strange habits, we like soccer, hamburgers are way smaller, etc. Ofcourse there's the mandatory health insurance for everyone at only 85 euros a month (kids for free), too many days off, they can't fire you unless they go to court and then they give you money, cities like Paris and London are at driving distance, recreational drugs are for sale at shops which are at least 350 meters away from schools, prostitution is legal when registered, everyone can go to university (with the right grades) etc. Clowning around Why you wanna leave your old job? They won't let you run at your lunchbreak?

Dutchie

I run for Fried Chicken!

Rest day for me as well and work has sucked all life out of me. I want a new job as well! I've been at the same place for 8.5 years now, I think it's time for something new.
          Jill_B

I fly.

I'm hoping my teadmill survives another week so I can get a bunch of runs on it. Otherwise I'll be falling behind the bunny already. So far so good.

Bring it on.

I had a good long run Sunday. I am ramping up for a March marathon so my mileage is looking good so far. I also need to build up a buffer because in April I start working 7 days a week for a while.
              AnneCA

Hello all -- I had an easy start to the week. Managed to trip over a bump on the sidewalk, just not paying attention. I wish it had been on video -- I did a whole series of stumble steps, arms flailing, before I finally hit bottom. I imagine I looked like some sort of cartoon, but it did slow my descent and I'm none the worse for wear. Going to try to keep it easy this week, no speedwork, no more falling down. Should do some weights, though. Then a big honking trail for my long run this weekend. Evil grin Me, I'm just hoping to keep my current job!
                Gig

Not much for you, Aaron. Trey, check out RedVector.com. I've been meaning to hit them up for some freelance work, but they're also advertising a full-time position. I don't know if telecommuting is an option for them, but there's no good reason it wouldn't be. I'm doing my first speedwork of the year today at lunch, in about a half hour.

...---...

Rains held off long enough to pick up a light 5K Tuesday. It's gonna be super windy today...will be interesting running in that. Perfesser - you get washed away yet? Dutchie - you paint a lovely picture of Dutch life. Think I'll stay put until you get things over there sorted out Big grin Actually, I'm Dutch - or at least my Dad's side is. Well okay, my last name is Dutch derived and the blood is there but diluted with French, German, Irish, Austrian, and god knows what else.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Gig

Yesterday, I did mile intervals in the freezing rain. Not so bad except that I forgot my gloves, so my hands were glowing red by the time I finished. Tonight was supposed to be a 10-mile run, but it's raining my wife's birthday tomorrow. In the interest of domestic harmony, I had better go shopping instead. At least I know what she wants: No, it's not pink, Ennay, but I'm pretty stoked that she wants something to pound on besides me. Tongue I also wanted to set her up with a personal trainer, but I haven't gotten around to that, plus they're too expensive, plus I know she'd be really picky so maybe I won't do that so much as encourage her that it's okay to spend the money (which I don't really get because she controls all of our money). I guess it's some sort of validation for her.Confused That was a long way of saying that I might not run before karate class tonight. Boo.

I run for Fried Chicken!

Gig: A lot of times, it's much harder to spend money on yourself. I have the same issue. I'll gladly buy stuff for my wife but I feel guilty buying stuff for myself. Just the way I grew up with money I guess. Ran 4 miles of hills on the TM at the gym last night. Was planning on running 6 but there was a line forming waiting for machines and I felt bad. Damn new year resolution people! Gym is going to be packed for the next 3 weeks.
                        Teresadfp

One day at a time

I wish resolution people would start in June, when the weather is good! It IS frustrating to need a TM due to weather, and then have a bunch of people taking them up, especially when they're only walking. Couldn't they walk on the indoor track?? Oh, well, it won't last too long.

Imminent Catastrophe

Just checking in to report that I have nothing to report. The last three days I had too much studying to do in the a.m. then all afternoon/evening in training and exhausted after that. Excuses, excuses. RnR Phoenix will be taken very easy.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

Same here Perfesser, though not studying, but my R-knee hasn't felt right since the 5K Sunday. I'll try to get a shortish one in today though.

Dutchie

Jill_B

I fly.

I wish resolution people would start in June, when the weather is good! It IS frustrating to need a TM due to weather, and then have a bunch of people taking them up, especially when they're only walking. Couldn't they walk on the indoor track?? Oh, well, it won't last too long.
                                That is one of my pet peeves, if you are walking, walk on the track! Actually, I really only mind the walkers when they are walking slower than they would if they were off the treadmill. Walking on a treadmill otherwise usually doesn't bother me.

Bring it on.