2000Km-1243 mile club

Mileage checki in - week of 11 February (Read 221 times)

A Saucy Wench

Rest day..whew

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dutchie42

Today was 10.4K in the freezing cold. Did not appreciate all the breaks because Spike had to sniff the air, or roll through something invisible. Way too cold to stand and wait. I upped my mileage a bit cause I missed my Friday run.

Dutchie
      Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

I also did a LB and UB endurance strength training. And abs.

Dutchie

A Saucy Wench

8.17 tempo run. Actually did 7 miles faster than my 10K PR so thats either good, or possible I was running too fast Blush

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

...---...

1.5 easy miles followedby 4.5 miles with 5 hills @ 0.5 miles or longer each. New shoes seem to have dramtically helped both knee and ankle issues. What a relief. Ankle on the hill run started out tight but not the pain as before and then relaxed after 10 or so minutes...then I felt great. ALso a nice surprise to find that I ran negative splits all the way through. So, I got the Mizuno Wave Inspire 4 in blue with silver and white.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

struggled through 3 miles on the dreadmill, foot worse today. Obviously 4 weeks off didn't help a bit.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I run for Fried Chicken!

Just got back from just under a 8.5 mile run. Nice day for a run. Faster run than I was expecting and I ran a nice negative split run. 10:29 pace out and 9:42 pace on the way back. Pace bunny is still ahead but just barely!

A Saucy Wench

struggled through 3 miles on the dreadmill, foot worse today. Obviously 4 weeks off didn't help a bit.
                  Ahhh that is why I am struggling with deciding what to do about my Achilles. My right achilles is a little tender ...probably a remnant of the foot ankle injury I had last october. It is acting like mild classic tendonitis. However, the last time I had Achilles tenderness, I rested for a long time and it didnt get better and then I ran lots on it and it didnt get worse, and overall it took over a year to go away. I should at least do ice and ibu, but the second I get back from my runs the kids attack.

Imminent Catastrophe

Well, since rest doesn't help and running doesn't hurt this problem (it was OK after my marathon but no better after 4 wks rest), I guess I'll resume easy running despite the discomfort. I still hope to do the ING Georgia Half. I think my docs have this figured out, and if this last therapy doesn't help, my long-run days may be over. It's just too unpleasant. Looks like the bunny will beat me this year. No

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

Skipping my long run today. I have a very sore throat, I'm coughing and my nose is dripping all over the place. Guess that's why I've been feeling so lethargic this week. Darn that bunny is gonna catch me!

Dutchie

...---...

I guess I'll resume easy running despite the discomfort. I still hope to do the ING Georgia Half.
                        I'm pretty darn slow - you can pace with me.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

A Saucy Wench

Dutchie..I missed it...what is wrong with your foot?

A Saucy Wench

14.00 miles today. Notice the .00 I said I would run 14 and 14 I did but not one step past my Garmin beep. Felt good for the first 10 miles.