2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in Mar15-21 (Read 405 times)

Dog-Love

Another beautiful day in DC.  I ran/walk over 10 miles yesterday taking in the views of the US capital and even went into Arlington Cemetery to pay some respects (you have to walk there) but it is so fun to run when you don't have to be back at your desk at a given time.  Today and tomorrow I must work!  May squeeze a 3 miler in
    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

Another beautiful day in DC.  I ran/walk over 10 miles yesterday taking in the views of the US capital and even went into Arlington Cemetery to pay some respects (you have to walk there) but it is so fun to run when you don't have to be back at your desk at a given time.  Today and tomorrow I must work!  May squeeze a 3 miler in

Three words: Marine Corps Marathon.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dog-Love

Is that tomorrow????? I only ask because yesterday when I ran the National Mall...nothing...tonight...thousands of portopotties.  Why wasn't I trained up and ready to run
        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

Is that tomorrow????? I only ask because yesterday when I ran the National Mall...nothing...tonight...thousands of portopotties.  Why wasn't I trained up and ready to run

Heh. No, but it's worth a special trip in October.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

20 mile group run.  Planned to run 18, but felt good so did the whole thing.  Definitely felt it, but nothing major.  Gonna try and step back next week, then 2 heavy-ish weeks, then taper.  Or maybe next week heavy, then step back, then heavy, then taper. Or maybe a 5 week taper?

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Brian - That's what I like!  A decisive plan.

I decided to just do 18 this week since I am also walking the half tomorrow at Shamrock.  I will save my longest run for next week, probably about 20, then do a 3 week taper.  See Brian it's really not that hard!

It was bordering on hot out there today.  I would guess it was about 75F when I ran!  Felt more like the first day of summer than the first day of spring.  It definitely had an impact on me and I feel dehydrated now.  I even did a mini ice bath when I finished because I could tell my legs were going to be sore.

Dutchie42

Here's what I did today:

8h13, 7 easy kilometers with the dogs. Avg pace 7:13. Lots of breaks for doggie business, having to step of the road twice for big vans passing, and feeding the dogs tidbits when a car passed. Spike isn't up for anything longer yet. This little dachshund needs more training before he can run a 10K again.

9:20, 6 progressive kilometers on the TM after I fed and watered the dogs. Avg pace 6:26. Felt pretty easy.

11:00, 10 kilometer "race". Didn't intend to go fast but just run it as part of my long run today. Aiming for a 7 min pace. Unfortunately, I'm just not one of those people who can do that in a race. So I did the best I could on tired legs and finished in 1:03:21 with an avg pace of 6:21.

Guess, had I not already run 13 kilometers, I could've possibly PR'ed (57:58 min). Anyways, when you add it all up, I ran 23 kilometers today in 2:32:02, avg pace 6:37min. 

I'm feeling good. And happy. And very pleased with myself

Dutchie
                Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie: so you ran 8 miles before you ran a 10K race.  That's pretty hardcore.  Awesome job.  The bunny is in sight.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Everyone is really putting in those miles - spring is here!

Finished up the rest week with 8 miles yesterday and 3 this morning. The 8 miler felt pretty easy on fresher legs - I found a new 1 mile gravel/ grass path along the water in the Northwest Arm neighborhood. Back onto the 30 mile week (3 up/ 1 rest pattern) The rest was good for getting rid of the cold.

Supermarket and taxes today, A

Recalculating...

The Plodder

I ran my HM this morning - got round in 2:00.55, a few minutes outside my previous time, but i am really pleased.

I seem to remember the first time i ran one feeling totally spent with about 2 miles to go.

This time the last half mile was a struggle, but the support was good and it got me home.

I have just checked my splits:

Mile 1:    9:47

Mile 2:    9:07

Mile 3:    9:18

Mile 4:    8:58

Mile 5:    8:46

Mile 6:    9:10

Mile 7:    9:25

Mile 8:    8:59

Mile 9:    9:18

Mile 10:    9:12

Mile 11:    9:22

Mile 12:    8:58

Mile 13:    9:11

0.16        1:17

I have got a pretty big blister on the big toe of my left foot, and another on the ball of the same foot, but other than that I feel fine.

So here's to 9 months of 30+mile weeks and a marathon attempt in April/May 2011

Did the Shamrock Half Marathon this morning.  Since I was injured when I signed up for it we took it as an opportunity to walk with the family.  My wife and son both completed their first Half!  They put a lot of hard work in over the last 2 months and it really showed.  I had always dismissed the walkers at the back of the pack and now I have a new found respect for them.  I would rather run 26 than walk 13!  Those walkers back there are really giving it some effort and I was very impressed.

Plodder - Nice splits.  Looks like you had a good game plan and stuck to it.