2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Mileage Check in for week of 8 September (Read 209 times)

Dutchie42

No need to get excited. Just getting us started. No run this morning, but did a whole pile of ironing instead Big grin

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Imminent Catastrophe

Dutchie, ironing burns a lot of calories! More than I burned today, anyway! Big grin

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

A Saucy Wench

5 miles this morning. Crazy warm. Its september and this is the warmest 5:30 am run I have had all summer and it was pitch black. It wasnt HOT, 67, but still to have 67 at 5:30 am is weird around here, especially after freezing my tookas off last week. I am ready for fall to settle in. This is too hot for september, makes me fear a hot marathon.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Ennay, we had your weather Saturday - ychh! Today was much better - 51 and low humidity. I ran 6.7 miles and it felt good. The weather is never predictable here, so the HM in 13 days will be interesting. We got almost 6 inches of rain overnight from Hannah.

...---...

Yeah, Dutchie burned more ironing than I did today too. Planned rest from running. Only crappy work stuff today.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

I am tired from a long race this weekend (13.3 miles at1:30 in the morning). But I slogged through 8 today with some very perky friends. Hottub time and a break tomorrow!
              Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

I run for Fried Chicken!

Day 10 of my running streak. I'm a little surprised I'm not sore or tired. If anything, it's kinda the opposite, been waking up earlier than usual and energy is great. I've ran 57 miles in the last 10 days, pretty happy with that.

Imminent Catastrophe

Tried to do a treadmill workout today, but the right leg is still hurting and I didn't even get a mile. I'm afraid that it might be something long-lasting. Looks like the Mount Desert Island is probably not going to happen this year. I'll rest some more and see how it goes. Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Sorry to hear that, Perfesser. I hope you're wrong!

A Saucy Wench

sorry perfesser...that sucks.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

...---...

Yep - sorry to hear that Russ. Do you think the Wyoming race down hill finish did it? Easy 7.7 miles this evening with a friend visiting from Bristol, UK. He did well in the heat and finished with a smile on his face despite obvious discomfort.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Yep - sorry to hear that Russ. Do you think the Wyoming race down hill finish did it?
                          Thanks everyone. Trey-the downhill might have been a factor, it sure felt harsh at the time, I could feel the shock in my legs. But it was (mostly) dirt road and the quads and everything else recovered pretty quickly, so who knows. Anyway it might be OK after a few more days rest. It's hard to tell whether it's soft-tissue (not so bad) or bone (very bad). The worst part is losing Mount Desert Island, it's a really beautiful course. Buh.

Dog-Love

That's a total bummer...I can't run the down hills much without a ton of pain the next week. Ran 3 miles of interval/hill sprints today with my over-the-top perky running buddy. Added a couple of easy miles and think I'll rest tomorrow before my ...yikes...20 miler.
                            Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

A Saucy Wench

BAH I ran intervals for the first time in ages and I am slower than I was a month ago. Lets see, why could this be? training volume down CHECK Neglecting speed work CHECK Gained weight CHECK Oh goody 3 for 3 heading into the race I've been training all year for. Angry

...---...

Oh goody 3 for 3 heading into the race I've been training all year for. Angry
                                Perhaps, but you'll do it with style Big grin MTA: taking a mental helth day tday. Absolutely exhausted with my UK customers this week. Need a good nights rest and some qt with wife.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12