2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check in 14-20 Dec - Stay warm! (Read 352 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

PerfessorR, is 1500 your goal for the year? You are sooo very close!

I read a 10K "race tip" last night that said "go out fast for the first 1.5 mile", then slow down to your goal race pace until the last 2 miles; then sprint.  

Uh, yeah. As you know by now, that's not good advice. Nice race though!

Yes, I'm looking for 1500, then 1502.7 for a yearly mileage PR. I might finish feeling like Dorando Pietri in the 1908 Olympic Marathon. 

Dorando Pietri in the 1908 Olympic Marathon. Classic moment!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

First a 6.5 kilometer doggie run. Conditions were bad. Overnight another fresh layer of snow was dumed. It started again at the end of my run. Wind had picked up considerably. When crossing the foot bridge over the highway, I was literally blown to the side.

Spike was growing himself a snow beard . Spooky was off leash cause her nose dives were really dangerous now with the ice underneath the fresh layer of snow.

Given this morning's weather conditions I ran the remaining 10.5K of my long run on the TM. The doggie run in the snow had been tough so I choose to really go slow @ 8.5K/h. About 7:30 minutes per kilometer. After 35 minutes I upped the speed to 9K/h to sort of keep up with the bpm of the Xmas carols I was listening to .I completely zoned out for the next 25 minutes or so. Then Jimmy came to bug me and I was having difficulty with the speed and slowed down again for the last 500 meters.

I later realised that if I wanted to run 10 miles as planned, just 9.5 kilometers on the TM would have been enough. How come my brain foggs up and I can't do simple math when I run?

Dutchie
      Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

I felt like Dorando during my last mile today. I rolled the dice and got in all 20 miles today. And let the tapper begin.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

High time you were tapering...you seem to have been going running crazy this year!  I will barely squeek in the 1000 miles this year!

Had a 6.8 miler today that was cold but beautiful.  I was running in ANchorage last week and it was zero degrees which is a ton colder than 20 degrees.  I'll take Juneau weather any day!

Kids and dh are skiing today and I am baking cookies

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
          HappyFeat

I felt like Dorando during my last mile today. I rolled the dice and got in all 20 miles today. And let the tapper begin.

Is your 2 weeks of pool running up already?? or did you have a Miracle Cure - so common to runners? Congrats on completing your 20-miler - sounds like it was a challenge.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.