2000Km-1243 mile club

2000km (Read 519 times)

HappyFeat

I'm impressed by how you seem to vault into those extra long runs, PerfesserR!  I have to incrementally build my distance, but you just go out and DO it! Amazing!

Hey there, Runner67 - welcome back!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Imminent Catastrophe

Yay, Trey is back!

Happy, I've been trying to build my long runs while keeping my total weekly mileage from increasing too fast. We'll see how that works out.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Trey!  Welcome back!

HappyFeat

Happy, I've been trying to build my long runs while keeping my total weekly mileage from increasing too fast. We'll see how that works out.

Going from 12 mile LR one week to 18 miles the next - to me that's an impossible leap. You've been doing this long enough though maybe your muscles have "memory" for doing those longer distances.

Just this week I tried to jump into making Monday night an 8-miler instead of 6 (despite my plan to stick to my planBlush). Even that small change was a mistake for me. Although both Saturday and Monday were slightly faster than usual, I think it was the extra distance that did me in. I got up Tuesday with a painful "golf ball" in my left arch. I iced and did not run yesterday; seems ok today. I'll be running 6 tonight and see how that goes.

MYA: Yay- tonight's run went just fine!

HappyFeat

Me, I have just been taking it easy doing a few 8 - 12 km runs a week.

Trying to pick up my pace a bit before moving back into some longer runs.

Bit distracted down this end of the world at the moment with the Rugby World Cup on, so a bit too much sitting on the couch drinking beer Smile

Has been a real mild spring as well which has made for some good running when I have got out.  Also meant I have to spend a lot of the weekend mowing lawns and catching up on all those jobs around the house that I always seems to put off....

Puke, sounds like an easygoing, well balanced routine.Big grin Hope your chosen team is winning!

...---...

Wow, what a tough road (no pun intended) Smile Hope thats behind me now. So, looks like I missed the b-day party. Happy belated Russ. Hi Happy! Sup Jeff! Cleveland running is going to be quite different than in South Carolina weather. Haha. Stay tuned for what I can only imagine will be comical and "interesting" miles.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

Well Trey is back!  Did you just move? 

Here is a link to pictures of NITRO since I use Picassa and have not figured out how to upload images!    I may have a PhD but I am a bonehead in other ways. 

https://picasaweb.google.com/sherrytamone/Nitro?authkey=Gv1sRgCPrnh-mckezIBQ#

Ran out at Boy Scout Beach today.  This is a GREAT trail!

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                HappyFeat

Crabby - LOVE the photos of the doggies (yes I sneaked a peak at Rusty's too) and the Alaska scenery. What a beautiful part of the country you live in.

So Trey - I just have to ask - what does "injury test dummy" refer to?? Is it safe to assume you are coming back to running after being injured? What happened to you? I often wondered why you dropped off the boards. Is it bad internet etiquette to ask? Hope not.

...---...

Hi Happy - and my dear old friends of the group, I did have a series of pains in various places that wouldn't go away, so I slowed down as a result of those. However, that wasn't it totally. And no - I don't mind telling you the cliff notes version (I appreciate your interest in me) - I took a new job within my company (again) which led to a move, additional work travel; my wife and I split up which really distracted me...all made for a perfect storm as a departure from running. Before I knew it, several months had passed and I hadn't run a single mile. I had to leave Hobbes and Daisy behind (my dogs, Hobbes pictured in my profile photo) was probably the most heart breaking of it all. But, I'm feeling emotionally strong again, my desire to run and run and run is back, settled into the new job much better, and come to grips with my lifestyle (being single again). It's really good talking to you all again! PS - 12 miles this week Smile

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

...---...

PSS - Hi Crabby!!!

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Trey, so good to have you back.  So sorry to hear about your trials and glad you are getting back out on the road.

Now, we just have to track down Dutchie...

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Imminent Catastrophe

Well Trey is back!  Did you just move? 

Here is a link to pictures of NITRO since I use Picassa and have not figured out how to upload images!    I may have a PhD but I am a bonehead in other ways. 

https://picasaweb.google.com/sherrytamone/Nitro?authkey=Gv1sRgCPrnh-mckezIBQ#

Ran out at Boy Scout Beach today.  This is a GREAT trail!

There you go. 

Trey, sorry about your trials, it sounds like you're on the upswing. Still thinking about Burning River?

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Imminent Catastrophe

well, pukekura, I'm headed your way in March. Just registered for the Tarwera 100k

What the hell was I thinking?

HappyFeat

Thanks for sharing, Trey. You've been through quite a rough patch.

Glad things are getting on a better track for you and that you're back with us.

The Bunny awaits

HappyFeat

well, pukekura, I'm headed your way in March. Just registered for the Tarwera 100k

What the hell was I thinking?

You're just being Silly!

You'll have a Blast, I just know it!