2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Mileage Check-In for week July 7 (Read 270 times)

Dog-Love

Uh-oh, nothing on Sunday, but that was due to epic holiday weekend eating -- this was expected. However, a miss yesterday, and a possible miss today as we prepare for a week-long vacation. July is starting to shape up into disaster. Need to fix this in a hurry.
    I hear your pain. I got 10+ miles in today and it felt really good. But tomorrow I leave for an awesome vacation and I know I will be slacking in the running dept. But not in the beer drinking division!
    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

...---...

nice run with the neighborhgood boys and a good pace (for us) last night. Managed 5 miles at about 10 min/mile, including 3 major hills. Soaking wet after the run...humidity here has recently kicked into high gear (which we don't mind becuase this has meant rain). After running hard in two 5K's within 2 weeks of each other, I'm ready to take a breather...until Agust 9, that is for the next race. Aaron: hope the fires in Cali are avoiding you. looks like most are north of you. Modified for spelling

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

A Saucy Wench

6.5 with 5x800's Tongue intervals suck.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

1.88 on the treadmill before the breaker tripped. I think the motor is overheating because it's so hot in my garage. Need to move that thing indoors. 1.88 sucks, but it's marginally better than a kick in the junk.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Dog-Love

6.5 with 5x800's Tongue intervals suck.
            Yeah but they really pay off later. I like doing them with a friend who is slightly faster than me.
            Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

intervals suck.
              Nice job. You got (much) faster as the workout went on. I may be one of the few people out there that likes intervals. Love 'em. I fear them, but love them. Can't wait to get a little better base, and get cooler fall weather, 'cuz it. is. ON. If you 're looking to get creative with your pain interval sessions, there's some ideas here.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

A Saucy Wench

Nice job. You got (much) faster as the workout went on..
                I was sore as hell still this morning from my weights on Monday. The first 2 intervals were WAAAAY slower than planned. De rusting. After the marathon if I get through it uninjured I will back mileage off a bit and in the new year do a speed focused training.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

A Saucy Wench

Hello? chirp chirp I didnt run yesterday Ran 9 with 7 @8:30 today

I run for Fried Chicken!

Ran 7 yesterday, had to take a quick bathroom break around mile 5 because I was really gassy for some reason. I didn't want to kill everyone else on the treadmills around me. Too much information maybe? haha I've been quite happy with my runs lately. Been getting faster and I haven't had any bad runs in a while. It's amazing to think that just 6 months ago, 10 min miles would have had me dying after a mile or 2. Now these runs feel easy. I'm hoping that if I keep up the mileage, my easy runs will be in the high 8 min mile pace by the end of the year.
                    Dutchie42

Aaron: you're doing really well! So good to hear that your runs are that good Smile 9.3K this morning. Slighly slower than Wednesday. First 4K were hard. My lower legs felt tight. But then they loosened up and I had a very pleasant 5.3K.

Dutchie
                      Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

Helloooooooooooo, where is everyone? You all having such great wheather that you are all outdoors all the time? Well, we're having rain, rain and more rain. Didn't run yesterday, cause the day got away from me. Lot's of heavy rain in the early morning, and with no dogs around no need for me to go out in that. So decided to wait till the rain would let up a bit, but by then, well, it didn't happen. Anyways, busy looking at new bathrooms and started studying again as of yesterday. Made a decision. I'm gonna run whatever I feel like, instead of sticking to a training schedule to get ready for the Amsterdam Marathon. I'm too busy lately to put the time in. Wish I was a faster runner, than time would be less of an issue. For now, running has to be fun instead of a schedule I have to follow.

Dutchie
                        Run the day, or the day runs you.

A Saucy Wench

Oh yeah...I ran 17 yesterday. Dutchie, sometimes that is what it has to be. When you are ready to follow a schedule you wont have to.

...---...

Managed 4 on thursday and near 10 on saturday. 23 for the week which, for me, is pretty good considering everything else going on. hope everyone will have a great week. Peace - Trey

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

A Saucy Wench

dh was gone so I didnt get to run yesterday. Will be heading to the gym in a bit to get some on the treadmill Dead