2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Mileage Check-In for week July 28 (Read 335 times)

Dutchie42

Goooood Morning, The month is almost over. Hope you all made it a good one Big grin After 7 days of consecutive running and three LB w/o's, I decided to give my legs a rest today. So UB it was: Ba/T/Bi at a slow 2/6 count approx. 30min each and about a 10min ab w/o. Ofcourse, I'll be biking to work, so not quite a rest day for the legs. And what have you all been up to today?

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

And what have you all been up to today?
      Running, working, eating. Clowning around Rest day today. Last week was a tough one for me with tempo and hills plus an extra day thrown into the schedule. Sore there for a few days but am feeling much stronger today. Have a great week all.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Hey, long time no see everyone. Hopefully, my three week swoon is over. (vacation, plus the weeks on either side of it). I ran a sweltering 4-miler today at lunch (90°F / 67% humidity, heat index of 104°F), but no amount of high temperature HTFU is going to make up for the fact that not only am I much further behind this bunny, I've actually been passed by the 1000 mi bunny. Surprised Sometime, don'tcha feel like life conspires against running? I finally got my treadmill moved out of the garage, where it was so hot that the motor kept overheating and tripping the breaker. It's now in the basement, where it's reasonably cool. Sounds great, right? Well, that was, until Saturday where about 20 minutes into the run, the belt started overlapping onto itself until it only covered 1/3 of the deck. I'm gonna have to do some major disassembly to fix that. Ahh! Angry

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Imminent Catastrophe

Jeff, Welcome back! Don't worry about the running sabbatical, we've all been there. I hope you get the treadmill issues figured out. Keep us posted!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

A Saucy Wench

Just when I was thinking I needed to give up my gym membership and buy a treadmill (because my kids and I dawdled and I missed the teeny tiny daycare window) next year.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

...---...

Yeah me too - I had been thinking about a dreadmill for a while now but hearing Jeff's issues.... But then again, for all I know, Jeff is just a running beast and his treadmill is merely begging for mercy.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

...---...

easy 5 mi with the regular Tues night run group. The great thing about where I am right now, the exciting thing for me, is that I could have run harder. I'm starting to feel like a runner.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

A Saucy Wench

easy 5 mi with the regular Tues night run group. The great thing about where I am right now, the exciting thing for me, is that I could have run harder. I'm starting to feel like a runner.
                  Awesome aint it!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dutchie42

That's great Trey! Jeff: is the treadmill running again? Did a 10.1K run this morning. Overcast but no more humidity. It felt soooo much nicer out there. It wasn't easy, but I loved to run this morning. Had to make a pit stop, then saw a deer and watched it for a bit. Put Spooky on leash real quick Wink As I was running, I noticed a car with the boot open and a guy standing near it. Very unusual to see a car at the side of the road this time of day. I felt very uneasy. Glad Spooky was with me. Nothing like a big black dog to keep unsavoury types away. He might have had a very ligit reason to be there, but I don't like it.

Dutchie
                    Run the day, or the day runs you.

I run for Fried Chicken!

Be safe Dutchie, lots of crazies out there. Earthquake today in LA! It did something to our elevators at work and they were out of commission for a while. Had to walk up 10 flights of stairs. Also ran 7.5 on the treadmill. Good run, everything was flowing nicely.

...---...

Be safe Dutchie, lots of crazies out there. Earthquake today in LA! It did something to our elevators at work and they were out of commission for a while. Had to walk up 10 flights of stairs.
                        Whoa! You're probably used to it but I would have freaked...does the stairs count as a hill work out?

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

I run for Fried Chicken!

haha, I wish the stairs counted as a hill workout! Maybe if I did it a couple of times. I've never been in a tall building in an earthquake before. We were swaying for a while. From what I understand, the building is on rollers so that's what it's supposed to do.
                          Teresadfp

One day at a time

haha, I wish the stairs counted as a hill workout! Maybe if I did it a couple of times. I've never been in a tall building in an earthquake before. We were swaying for a while. From what I understand, the building is on rollers so that's what it's supposed to do.
                            Yep, that's what it's supposed to do! The structural engineer's goal is to make the building ductile, so it moves with the forces. If it doesn't move, it would behave in a brittle manner - SNAP! Not good. We structural engineers often get accused of being overconservative. So now we keep newspaper clippings of structural damage due to earthquakes, wind, heavy snow, etc. We actually have one client threatening to sue us for OVERdesigning their building! It's the second time it's happened. They don't have a leg to stand on, but we still have to spend time and money writing letters and consulting with our attorney and liability insurance provider. Grr. We try to explain to clients that it's actually not engineers designing their building, but building codes! They don't get it, though.
                            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Yesterday, I ran about 4 on an indoor track at a nearby community center. It's a 12-lap to the mile walking track that as above and goes around a couple of basketball courts. I used my iPod, and found it was a lot less boring than I thought it would be. The only problem is with the driving time to and from, although pretty short, adds up, and I'd be hard pressed to do much more than four miles on it during lunch hour. And it's concrete, which sucks. Nevertheless, it was a nice respite from the heat. Which is in stark contrast to today's 4.7 miler at lunch. I wanted to go longer, but screw that -- it was sunny, 89°F and 75% RH (heat index of 106°F). It's amazing how much the sun and heat take out of you. Check this out -- comparing yesterday (indoors) to today: Yesterday: 8:30/mi, average heartrate 76%max, peak 83% Today: 9:13/mi (and it was 9:25 when I was done), Ave HR 79%max, peak 89%. Working harder to go slower sucks. Need to get that evil treadmill fixed.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

We structural engineers often get accused of being overconservative. So now we keep newspaper clippings of structural damage due to earthquakes, wind, heavy snow, etc.
                                In the modern era, I imagine you all have the Tacoma Narrows Bridge Collapse bookmarked, right? Tongue