2000Km-1243 mile club

December 2012 (Read 251 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

What was your result in the WS100 lottery?

Skunked. That's OK, I'm really excited about doing the Tahoe 100 next July.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

Skunked. That's OK, I'm really excited about doing the Tahoe 100 next July.

oooohh Tahoe!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Russ - Very nice little RR there.  Congrats on the the BQ-5.

I'm developing some Boston fever.  We talked to DW's doctor last week and he is giving her about a 75% chance of being ready to travel by then.  She got the first of many vaccinnations last week and should be almost done with them by April.  The close quarters of an airplane would still require a mask though. 

I had signed up at her behest because she did not want me to miss it.  I went ahead and signed up with the thought that I probably would not go if she could not go with me.  It will still be a little tricky because she definitely will not be allowed on the subway by then but we should still be able to do most of what we would want to.  The bottom line is that my Boston training has suddenly been given a boost because it is looking pretty good for actually going.

My most recent quality run was last week and consisted of 16 miles with 11 miles at MP.

Imminent Catastrophe

Hope to see you there Jeff!

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

HappyFeat

Jeff - It's really great to hear your wife is doing so well. Being able to run the Boston Marathon would certainly be a well deserved reward for all the long hard months of this past year.  Hope your training continues to go well.

Dutchie42

Jeff: good to hear your wife is doing so well!

I've been popping in occasionally to see you guys run Smile You all seem to be pretty consistent. I haven't seen Crabby around in a while.

I'm nowhere near your league at all, and I probably won't be for another two years yet Big grin

For the umptieth time I'm trying to get back into running. I did OK over the summer; even managed a few 1 hour runs. But when school started in September, it all went south again. Haven't done any running in two months. Did my first run last Sunday. Taking two courses at the moment. For one course (project management) I have to write a paper. This will give me a little more time to get some exercising in. And to make life easy on myself, I can run as much and as often as I want to on the TM in my bed room. I used to run on the TM for interval training only (and really bad weather). I suppose my run/walks qualify as interval training Joking. Anyways, I'll be trying to move away from the second-to-last spot. But I think I'll be residing somewhere at the bottom for another two years or so.

Dutchie
              Run the day, or the day runs you.

HappyFeat

Dutchie!!! Wonderful to see your post this morning and to hear you"ll be joining us more regularly again.

HI Dutchie!

A lot of us have had work/ life time away from running... so happy to hear from you.

A

Recalculating...

Imminent Catastrophe

Yay, Dutchie's back! Don't be a stranger.

110 km to go, 2.5 weeks to do it.  Better pull finger and stop relaxing in front of the TV.

Welcome back Dutchie.

Nice Marathon Russ

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

Dutchie42

Perfesser: I'll do my best to at least hop in here when I've done a run.

Like today: only 3.5K but I'm building my way back to a one-hour run Wink

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

Ran the Brasstown Bald Buster 5k today in a cold, wet, miserable rain. I've wanted to do this for years, it ends at Brasstown Bald, the highest point in Georgia. Very hilly--600 feet down in  a mile then 1200 feet up in the next two. Anyway, I got the sweatshirt.

The next few weeks I'm taking it easy after a hard year, my last goal is to hit 2000 miles.

My 8 mile run this morning pushed me over 1500 miles for the year.  My most prolific year by far!  Some of my friends keep asking me how I have kept so positive this year in spite of all the difficult times my family has had (some you guys are privy to, but many more I have not shared).  My answers always center around the positive things that have happened.  Even in the worst of times there are things to be thankful for.  I have had more than my fair share of great things happen this year.  A great group of virtual running pals is just one of them.

HappyFeat

((Jeff))  Hurray for a 1500 mile year!!

Dutchie42

Heffa: wow, 1500 miles Shocked you did really great this year Smile

Perfesser: relax and enjoy Xmas. You've done your bit this year.

Me: I just finished my second run of the week. Still enjoying it, so that's good. Still haven't bought any xmas presents.... I'm gonna be in so much trouble. I'm in school all day tomorow, and Sunday is going to be crazy in town. Guess I have to go out early on Monday to get it all.

Dutchie