2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check-in 23 Feb-01Mar (Read 318 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Looks like I'm starting it off this week. 10k in Quito, Ecuador, elevation 9300 ft. Tongue Gasp, cough, sputter, gasp. Did I mention elevation 9300 ft ? It felt like breathing through a snorkel. But this is a nice, clean, friendly, runner-and biker-friendly city, surrounded by active volcanoes up to 20,000 ft. Found a nice park with a running path and was joined for a few minutes by a local and we tried to converse in Spanglish. She was faster, but it wasn't fair because she's used to the thin air. Did I mention elevation 9300 ft? Big grin

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

Resting today at 1200 ft. 9300 would be my undoing. Awesome run Perfesser.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

Wonderful blue sky and snow on the ground 6 mile run at sea level. WOW perfessor you sure get around!
        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
        Jill_B

I fly.

Enjoy the good weather! I'll be on my treadmill again.

Bring it on.

...---...

Jill - sorry that you're confined to the treadmill. Really, I am. Hang in there. 8 miles tonight with strides. Nice run, calm winds for a change.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Thanks Perfesser, for starting us off. Laptop has been in the process of shutting down for a week now. I can't seem to fix this one so I'll take it to the shop and hope a techie can fix it without me loosing all my files. Ofcourse I didn't make any backups since August Angry For now I just log in from work when I have a few minutes. 10K today on the TM 25min@9.0K/h 20min@9.5K/h 15min@10K/h 3:47min@9.0K/h then walked it off for another 5 minutes. Felt great. Perfesser: great run. And in Ecuador. Business or pleasure?

Dutchie
              Run the day, or the day runs you.

Imminent Catastrophe

Ho hum. Back down to sea level (well, OK, I'm at 1300 ft) and got in 4 on the treadmill. Strange--my heart rate was about 12-15 BPM lower than usual at the same pace. I wonder if just one run at altitude made a difference? Or maybe I'm just getting back into shape, but it's really a noticeable jump. Dutchie--I'm an airline pilot so it's business. But I had a good time there so I guess it's pleasure too! One of the benefits of the job is checking out, and running in, new places. I've run races on my layovers--free airfare and hotels! Big grin BTW today I entered the NYC Marathon lottery and made hotel reservations for NYCM and the Deadwood Marathon in June. I need incentive to keep my running up!

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Jill_B

I fly.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to get into NYC. It's a fun marathon. I'm hoping to get a run in tomorrow morning OUTSIDE before my husband leaves for work. He's finally not on call for the hospital so he should be able to be home with the kiddos in the AM. Of course with my luck as of late, the weather will probably go haywire and we'll get a freak hail storm or something.

Bring it on.

Dutchie42

FANTASTIC run on the TM. 9K/h felt too slow. Like I couldn't find my rhythm. On the other hand, 9.5K felt a little fast for an easy run, but I did find a rhythm. And I did manage the full 90 minutes I set out to do. Finished 14.15K. Never ran it this fast before. I'm sure I can't do it out on the road. PT advised not to run the 10mile race I had planned for Sunday. I can do the distance without any problems, but with the foot, I haven't been out on the road much. And certainly not for that long a distance. PT did advise to start running outside again. I already did a 4.5K last Saturday. So this Sat I'll do my usual 6.5K doggie route. Then do a 10K next week and simply see how the foot holds up. Perfesser: airline pilot eh? You do get around in that job Wink)) BTW, managed to fix the laptop myself. I remembered that when I first got the laptop like 3 years ago, I made some recovery disks. Put the first one in, started the laptop and presto.... the laptop did some diagnostics, and started up .... For a none-techie old woman, I'm good Clowning around

Dutchie

theyapper

On the road again...

Bit of a cutback week for me, so I don't think I'll quite catch that pink monster, but I'll be close enough that I'll catch her the first of March. Probably end up with about 22 miles this week.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Jill_B

I fly.

YAY! I ran outside today. Of course my legs are pretty sore, so it was slow and I cut it short (4 instead of 6). But it was great being off of my treadmill. I hope you all have great days!

Bring it on.

I run for Fried Chicken!

Just ordered a Garmin Forerunner 305, should have it next week. Excited! Unfortunately, I'm going to be gone for the next week and a half in Singapore leaving on Sunday. Next 2 weeks are going to be short weeks, I'm going to try running when I'm in Singapore but it might be difficult. It's raining and weather is constantly in the high 80s.

Imminent Catastrophe

Just ordered a Garmin Forerunner 305, should have it next week. Excited! Unfortunately, I'm going to be gone for the next week and a half in Singapore leaving on Sunday. Next 2 weeks are going to be short weeks, I'm going to try running when I'm in Singapore but it might be difficult. It's raining and weather is constantly in the high 80s.
                            Man, when you start using the 305 with the new GPS import in the RA log, you'll be in geek heaven! Too bad you won't have it for Singapore, I'd love to see the maps!

Dutchie42

Actually it was a nice 7.1K doggie fun run. But I noticed two deer way too late and Spooky and Spike took off after them. Spooky came back quick enough but Spike ran across a mud field and disappeared between the trees and bushes. Could hear him bark at first, then things got quiet. I was very annoyed cause he didn't come back. I decided to continue my run (an out and back route) and pick him up on the way back. But he wasn't there on the tway back. So I spent about 15 minutes trotting over the mud field collecting huge amoutns of clay on my shoes, followed by a short run dodging branches and slippery leaves. Decided to go home and make the boys help me find Spike. However, as I neared the end of the bike path, who was lying in the mud waiting for us? Yes, Spike. I put him on leash. But Spike doesn't like running on leash. So I had to pull him all the way home (about 1,5K). It was such an annoying run. But now that I sit here and type this, it was actually a pretty nice run seeing deer twice on this run Wink Aaron: enjoy you're trip!

Dutchie

I've had two good runs this week. I did an 8 mile tempo run that felt just awesome. I was running at close to the pace from my last race and my heartrate was almost 10 bpm less. Then yesterday I did my long run of 20 at near marathon pace. My legs felt a little sore (I think because it was so close to the fast tempo run), but I did manage 10 miles at marathon pace and it felt good. I just signed up for facebook this week and I am addicted already. I have caught up with all kinds of old friends already. These are people I never expected to hear from ever again. It's soooo cool!