2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check in 25Jan - 31 Jan (Read 413 times)

Just a dude.

Yay... my first week that I actually ran more than the wabbit.

A good hill run today down in sunny California where my daughter had a Jazz band festival.  Her band got second place, and I got to run on dry pavement in 45 degrees... Yay shorts and Tshirt!

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Dutchie42

10 mile race today. And I think I made every rookie mistake possible for this race:
      1) I haven't been out on the road much (because of my bronchitis). Nearly all runs this year were on the TM
      2) I ran 4 days in a row this week, including 2 hard runs.
      3) Made a nice pasta dish yesterday. Spooky thought so too and had some straight out of the pan. Ofcourse, I then didn't eat any. Let the boys eat though and didn't tell them until they were finished (bad mom). Which meant I had no dinner yesterday evening. I just had a bowl of serial with full fat yoghurt and a pear for desert. This all added up to tired legs today. Energy level seemed OK though.

The wind was cold and we ran 8 kilometers straight into the wind. My legs just never seemed to warm up. My legs also did not want to make the effort to push into the wind. When the race just started, I was dead last. I wanted to run my own race and not kill myself trying to keep up with the fast people, who all seemed to be here.
      I managed to pass 3 runners in the first half of the race. Then I was on my own, not another runner in sight. I find it extremely difficult to maintain a fast pace if there's noone ahead of me to focus on.

Anyways, I officially finished in 1:44:59. Faster then my September race, but still not even close to a PR (1:43:25). The good news is, I didn't stop. Not even once. I brought my own sports drink and had a sip on the run.

ETA: change unofficial time to official time

Dutchie
      Run the day, or the day runs you.

Imminent Catastrophe

My best run in a very long time today, easy 4 miles with Crazy Daisy. I felt good, pain-free and balanced, and had a decent pace. Yay!

MTA: That puts me over 40 miles for the month--well it's a start.

Hopefully rehab is done and basebuilding can start tomorrow!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Great job Dutchie - I've been hiding inside while you've been running races outside! I considered my walk to the YMCA a workout!

6.35 at the YMCA treadmill today (-14º outside with wind) I made it to 90 miles this month - i haven't seen that  since September and I"m looking forward 95-100 in the short month of February.

Next weekend looks more promising weather wise - if not I will be compelled to do 8 on the treadmill.

A

Recalculating...

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

After a long week of battling a crappy cold, I made it back ahead of the bunny.  Phew.

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

Had a fantastic running week! I think I am finally getting the hang of this running thing. My highest mileage month ever! I can't wait to see what I can do in February!!
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Had a fantastic running week! I think I am finally getting the hang of this running thing. My highest mileage month ever! I can't wait to see what I can do in February!!

You kicked my ass--and looked good doing it, too! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Gig

Yay... my first week that I actually ran more than the wabbit.

That sounds like a good goal for me for this week. Nice job, Kelly, and Heather, and everybody but me. I guess it's time to start building some miles.

You kicked my ass--and looked good doing it, too! Big grin

One month out of two years...shall we post hours of exercise and see who kicked who's ass last week??!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

One month out of two years...shall we post hours of exercise and see who kicked who's ass last week??!

But I didn't LOOK GOOD doing it! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

But I didn't LOOK GOOD doing it! Big grin

Hey now we are 2 hot looking 36 year running sloths!!!