2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in: 26 July - 1 August (Read 396 times)

Dutchie42

Gooood Morning everyone

There's a new month up ahead, so lets finish July strongly.

This morning was 45 minutes of UB (Ba/Bi), it's actually the w/o I should've done on Friday. And 21 minutes of LB, half of it floor exercises with ankle weights. Darn, those always work my legs incredibly well.

Everyone have a great week!

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Great spin class this morning, yesterday was a lazy day - watched hours of the Tour de France which I taped (DVR), read my book at the coffee shop and went for a long walk in the mist.

Happy: Gorgeous hike! Glad you're feeling better

Happy Monday, A

Recalculating...

Dutchie42

OK, I've been feeling tired and sleepy for days now. So I slept in this morning. Got myself nearly 10 hours of sleep. Guess I was really tired and sleepy

To make myself do it, I am stating it right here: I will run at least 30 minutes after work today!

Dutchie

HappyFeat

Did a nice and slow 6-miler tonight with a half mile walk before and after. It went pretty well. I'll be running every other day for the next few weeks, assuming things continue to go well. I'll be trying to keep the bunny within sight.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Dutchie42

I think Summer is doing a number on our group. Everyone out vacationing? And not running?

Dutchie

Just a dude.

Hilly and sandy 9.7 this evening...

I've been running pretty consistently... Just haven't been posting here much...

I'm hoping to break 70 miles this week for the first time... Getting close to my all time high...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Dutchie42

Opted for the TM and an old favourite today: iTread with Grace Lazenby. I did set 1 and most of set 2. Guess set 1 is easier than set 2. My calfs were really bothering me in the first half hour. Had to stop and stretch quite a few times. That's what I get for skipping two runs, sigh. It was a tough run. 98 minutes of hills and intervals (14 kilometers).

Dutchie

I haven't been running a bunch or hiking on beautiful trails so I have not much to report, but I will be adding in as I get closer to October. I did get weighed and measured on Tuesday - didn't lose and pounds but my body fat dropped by 3%.

Tues: 1 hour with the trainer - focused on chest and back

Wed: Easy 5 miles - felt great after my bathroom break!

Today: rest - just finished 30 minutes elliptical and stretching

Long weekend here so I can sleep in and get some running done, A

Recalculating...

HappyFeat

So I decided to try to input on my RA running log all the running that I've kept track of in a box of saved calendars. I stayed up til midnight the last two nights doing this and still have a lot to enter. I'm a complete wreck today from lack of sleep - and tonight's my night to run! Not sure if I'll postpone it for a day or not. But I think I'll try to get to bed earlier from now on!  It's been interesting to see that following a year when I had a long run of 11 miles, I ran just about every day for a year - but only 2 miles a day.  I can't remember what was going on then, but it's funny to see that, and to see the days I thought it important to log even if I only ran 1 mile. I guess I've always been compulsive about running in some way.

Just a dude.

12000 total miles is impressive...

Way to go...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

HappyFeat

12000 total miles is impressive...

Way to go...

-Kelly

Thanks Kelly and I still have about 8 years to input!  I started this little project out of curiosity to see what the total will be. Check back in a couple weeks or so for the final tally. Maybe I should put it in my signature line?

Right now I can't decide whether to take a nap or go for a run. I'm NOT staying up late tonight, I swear! (I don't know what that emoticon means, but it has X's on it's eyes - good enough for how I feel right now!)

Dutchie42

Jeez HappyFeat, inputting eight years of data Awesome! Can I send you my logs?

Ayola: congrats on the fatloss. 3% is a lot. Was that in a month?

Pretty effortless 10.3K run this morning. Easy, but slow. Legs felt great though. Felt no need to walk. Even ran up the dike. Quite surprising after yesterdays tough interval run.

Dutchie

HappyFeat

Did a nice and slow 6-miler last night. Yoga tonight.

KELLY! You're just about at the goal! It's incredible!

Dutchie42

Lower calfs were protesting again, all through my 10.1K run this morning. Made my run a bit of a struggle. I blame it on my very short stretch yesterday.

Last run of the month and I finished July as my highest mileage month this year: 218.5 kms

ETA

Less than 12 kilometers to go Kelly. And you're done

Dutchie

Ahhh, I like getting up at 8 instead of 5:30, is a beautiful 15ÂșC low humidity morning. Tea, honey,1/2 bagel and then an 8 mile run. Fireworks tonight for Natal Day (the birth of Halifax?, I need to work on my Canadian history)

Friday: 1 hour with the trainer (slept in and missed elliptical time) Lower body workout

Today: 90 min run (8 miles)

Sunday: rest/ elliptical

Monday: 1 hour run (5.5)

Dutchie: The 3% loss was over 6 weeks but included 10 days of zero exercise, fish n chips, and copious wine drinking on vacation, so I'd say about 4 weeks of effort. My goal is to get into the fitness range 20-25%, right now I'm just average.

Kelly: Is today the day?!

Recalculating...