2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check in 23 - 29 Nov (Read 352 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Well, there's good days and bad days. Today was a bad one, run-wise. Slow, stiff, legs hurting, I felt like I was dragging a tire behind me. Par for the day after a HM I guess. And it was a cold, windy, rainy Nor'easter in Boston today.

MTA: hey, I just noticed that I passed 1400 miles, so it's all good!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

I have that same book Trey and I would love to run a 1:52:00 HM. 

+1

Great run Perfesser! I'm sure the marathon will be just as good.

I hear ye on the goals, Crabby. Which is why I have signed up for 3 Winter races already + the relay run in May. There's a half marathon on 24 April I want to run too. But the relay team captain doesn't know yet when the whole team will do a training run together, so I haven't signed up for the half yet.

Spike was in absolute running mode this morning. Pulled me along for 2 loops. Which is why we ran a 3rd loop, cause I assumed he was ready for it. It wasn't till Spike realised we went home that he dropped back and I had to tug him along for the last 500 meters or so.

Spooky definitely wasn't ready to go home yet, but it would just have to do for today. She'll get her fair share tomorrow, when we go out for a 10 miler.

Dutchie
      Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

Followed up with a LB training, that had weighted exercises and non-weighted exercises. Loved it. As usual

ETA: hips felt pretty tight, so I did Eoins magically hips quickie. Feeling much better now.

Dutchie

Dutchie42

Sore from yesterday's w/o and the kickbox w/o on Friday. Especially my butt and hips, and my back in the area where my waist is supposed to be.

Ran 4.44 with the doggies then followed up with 12.05 on the TM. I choose the TM over an outside run cause after the doggie run I really thought I wouldn't be able to run an additional 12 as planned.

Spike was again in running mode. I think he smelled something cause he had his nose so close to the ground I'm surprised he didn't chafe it on the road surface. Spooky enjoyed herself, as always. Probably thinks the run was rather short

Dutchie

Great run PerfesserR!

Light running this week - topped off with a 6 miler - I scheduled 8 but I was completely exhausted arounf 4.5 and headed home - I'm chalking it up to the H1N1 shot yesterday.

I've started to incorporate 2 weight training session per week, and I'm looking at my first HM for next year - Scotia Bank Marathon / HM end of May.

Dutchie - thanks for mentioning Runervavls - I tried the 1.0 workout with my top speed at 9m/m - it was great. I even did one minute at 8:30m/m. Great for me to build some speed confidence. I'll have to figure out how to incorporate it into my routine.

and a belated Happy Thanksgiving, A

Recalculating...

Finished up a long week with 14 miles. 39 for the week and feeling every one of them.  Running way too hard for this mileage.  Hopefully I'll be smarter next week.

Great run Perfesser!  As someone who used to live near the Peachtree course I love to hear stories from there.  Thanks.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

...---...

17 miler with a head wind the entire way (or so it seemed). At least it was warm. I don't have enough energy to continue typing. Have a great week all.

Russ - gonna get to run the GGB on Thursday afternoon. So far, weather looks great for it. I'll have a post run beer for you at the Buena Vista. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

17 miler with a head wind the entire way (or so it seemed). At least it was warm. I don't have enough energy to continue typing. Have a great week all.

Russ - gonna get to run the GGB on Thursday afternoon. So far, weather looks great for it. I'll have a post run beer for you at the Buena Vista. 

Make sure it's an Anchor Steam!

At the Marin Visitor Center, cross under and get a quick look at some of the trails over there. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016