2000Km-1243 mile club

Mileage Check in - week of 10 March (Read 240 times)

...---...

my wife has been after me about some sort of road id thing too. I was thinking about going to petsmart and getting a bone shaped tag engraved to wear on a chain...just kidding. storms/rain in the area kept me from doing anything friday and saturday but today will be great for running. Thankfully, all tornados passed just south of us giving us some beneficial and much needed rain. IMOGENE: nice job pulling ahead of me. but i'll be chasing again Tongue my wife started student teaching (kindergarten) in Feb. Since then she's had the flu, a stomach virus, a cold, and a sinus infection. Friday, she began complaining of a sore throat. I'm no doctor but I looked at the back of her throat with a pen-light this morning and it looks like she could be on her way to a case of strep. welcome all new members. post away and let us know how your runs go...especially race reports. Dutchie lives for race reports Wink

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Another cold, miserable, wet and windy run. Ran without dogs and wanted to maintain a 7:15 pace for the whole run. I ran faster though, about 7:02 average. When I had my 2nd potty break at 15K and I got up, something happened to my R-hip, like something pulled on the muscle. The L-hip was suddenly very tight and painful. I managed to add another 7.5K, but my pace had dropped considerably and I had to stop and stretch my hip often. In the end not only the weather made me miserable, but the R-hip was not feeling good. I gave up....and went home. I'll just consider this my cut back week instead of next week. But be warned: next Sunday, snow (!!!!) is forecasted. I so hope it isn't true. Perfesser, I always cook the salmon in foil when on the grill. I'm interested to hear how your recipie works out.

Dutchie
      Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

BTW, if I ever say I'm gonna enter another Spring race kick me off this thread! I've been having miserable runs for the past 4 weeks already and it doesn't look to end.

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

Imminent Catastrophe

Got dragged 10km by Daisy today. She's like a plowhorse. Nice weather after the nasty tornadoes.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016